+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Cy Young

Van Halen To Tour With David Lee Roth

I know it's been rumoured to happen before but this little article gets me excited. I'd love to see them because I was too young the first time around.
    http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=5070
    Never Trust A Man With No Shirt On

Re: Van Halen To Tour With David Lee Roth

will likely tour in 2007 with David Lee Roth as frontman
    I don't like those words "WILL LIKELY"

I'd love to see Diamond Dave back out front again

There has been way to many rumors about this happening, I won't believe it until I see him on stage.

EDIT: Also, nothing about this on Van Halen's website: http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/index2.html
    My inner child needs a spanking
    For Ever TRUE BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesnum1
    I don't like those words "WILL LIKELY"

I'd love to see Diamond Dave back out front again

There has been way to many rumors about this happening, I won't believe it until I see him on stage.

EDIT: Also, nothing about this on Van Halen's website: http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/index2.html
    I agree. A lot can happen between now and the first date of the tour. There are some huge egos that have to work things out to make this happen, but it would be cool to see Van Halen again.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

They should go now before Diamond Dave says/does something to ruin it.
    Life is good!

I just remembered one thing; Eddie was on Howard Stern a few months ago. And after listening to him talk about VH, It would take more then mending the Dave friendship to get the band back together.

Eddie at this point does not speak well of Michael Anthony. In fact, when Eddie was talking about Michael, was calling him by his full legal name: Michael Sobolewski
    For Ever TRUE BLUE

I just remembered one thing; Eddie was on Howard Stern a few months ago. And after listening to him talk about VH, It would take more then mending the Dave friendship to get the band back together.

Eddie at this point does not speak well of Michael Anthony. In fact, when Eddie was talking about Michael, was calling him by his full legal name: Michael Sobolewski
    Money though can make best of friends of many a people. Heck, money got David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar who despise each other to tour.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBotz
    I know it's been rumoured to happen before but this little article gets me excited. I'd love to see them because I was too young the first time around.
    http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=5070
    My grandparents just went crazyyyyyy after I told them this! Then they each took a nap to celebrate. Unfortunately the nap wasn't that satisfying as they woke up 3 times a piece to use the bathroom.

This would be 20 years too late. Eddie is a mess, Dave isn't nearly the same vocally and Michael Anthony won't be there to hit those ridiculous backup high notes. No thanks. A reunion of all four Beatles would sound better.

Let's see. David Lee Roth doesn't get along with Eddie Van Halen. Sammy Hagar doesn't get along with Eddie Van Halen. Now Michael Anthony doesn't get along with Eddie Van Halen. Does that mean that maybe Eddie Van Halen is part of the issue and not just DLR?
    Life is good!

NYYF MVP

What happened to alienate Michael Anthony?
    It was then I knew I'd had enough,
    Burned my credit card for fuel
    Headed out to where the pavement turns to sand

NYYF Legend

Odds are they'll do a few shows before it all falls through like the David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar tour did.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

Quote Originally Posted by gamesix1977
    What happened to alienate Michael Anthony?
    From what Eddie said, he didn't like the fact that Michael is touring with Sammy Hagar.
    For Ever TRUE BLUE

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    Let's see. David Lee Roth doesn't get along with Eddie Van Halen. Sammy Hagar doesn't get along with Eddie Van Halen. Now Michael Anthony doesn't get along with Eddie Van Halen. Does that mean that maybe Eddie Van Halen is part of the issue and not just DLR?
    Seems like the blame lies with Eddie (and maybe Alex). However, most people will remember Roth's (who deserves his part of the blame) antics only.

NYYF MVP

From what Eddie said, he didn't like the fact that Michael is touring with Sammy Hagar.
    I guess Michael needs the work
    It was then I knew I'd had enough,
    Burned my credit card for fuel
    Headed out to where the pavement turns to sand

This is getting very odd.

I just heard on one of the Sirius music channels, that the person responsible for getting the band to talk reunion is non-other the Eddie Van Halens SON, Wolfgang.

It would be EVH, AHV, Diamond Dave AND Wolfgang on bass
    For Ever TRUE BLUE

oh joy. another band getting back together so they can play outdated music. yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    Seems like the blame lies with Eddie (and maybe Alex). However, most people will remember Roth's (who deserves his part of the blame) antics only.
    I am not sure if he gets all of it, but with problems now with three different people, he is at the very least equally responsible.
    Life is good!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    oh joy. another band getting back together so they can play outdated music. yay!!!
    Hot For Teacher will never be outdated. And a better video still hasn't been made over the past 20 years.
    Never Trust A Man With No Shirt On

Hot For Teacher will never be outdated. And a better video still hasn't been made over the past 20 years.
    I beg to differ. Cherry Pie and Cradle of Love are so much better.

It's not that I'm not a fan of VH, it's just that it's funny seeing a bunch of old guys try to rock like they used to. What's going to happen is they're going to regurgitate what used to be cool to make new songs, and still only get the love from their fans with their old hits anyway. Because their music just isn't relevant anymore.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    I beg to differ. Cherry Pie and Cradle of Love are so much better.

It's not that I'm not a fan of VH, it's just that it's funny seeing a bunch of old guys try to rock like they used to. What's going to happen is they're going to regurgitate what used to be cool to make new songs, and still only get the love from their fans with their old hits anyway. Because their music just isn't relevant anymore.
    Cherry Pie is so great! Lets not forget Motley while we are at it(Girls, Girls, Girls)!
    Why does there have to be a Yankees-Dodgers rivalry?

Lets Get This Dog To Hunt! 51BWilliams's Avatar

I brought my pencil! Gimme somethin' to write on.

(Disclaimer: This post not subject to the irony of statements like 'Be careful what you wish for'. I will not be bitten in the ass without prior written consent)

Thread Information