+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75
  1. #26
    NYYF Legend

    JeffWeaverFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by surge511
    I also think it is ridiculous to want to condense everything into one or two threads, why is that necessary?
    Exactly. And then to compare it to the Majors forum? Are you kidding me? When was everything condensed to a few threads in the majors forums???
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Saying that this is how it works in the Majors forum is a complete lie. For example, there was a thread today started about Kevin Long becoming the new hitting coach. This was already being discussed in the Mattingly as new bench coach thread. Did one person complain about a new thread? No. The reason being that some people didn't look through that entire thread to realize that it was already being discussed there.

    Also, in this forum, there are now threads like "The 2006 AFL Thread." That would be the equivalent of a thread in the majors such as "The Yankee offseason rumor thread." There are no such things - new threads come to discuss new rumors.

    And what about this article is "pointless" again? What does that even mean? So instead of taking up one post in the vast AFL thread which a lot of people do not go through, someone started a new thread to discuss Eric Duncan getting hot after a cold start, and it's a big deal? Last I checked, the article that was originally posted did take up one post - just in a new thread. And, last time I checked, most people hadn't seen it before. The only thing ridiculous is you complaining about a new thread coming up - when it doesn't matter in the least.
    You're so wrong. The AFL thread is limited to the performance of the Yankees in the Arizona Fall League - it is not equivalent to an "off-season" thread (in fact, there IS an off-season progress report thread). There are designated threads for designated things). So why not put the DAMN ARTICLE WHERE IT BELONGS?

    If your argument is that no one had seen that article before, that's BECAUSE IT'S A NEW ARTICLE - WHY NOT PUT IT IN A THREAD THAT RELATES TO THAT TOPIC!?!?!

    It's freakin' absurd!

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Exactly. And then to compare it to the Majors forum? Are you kidding me? When was everything condensed to a few threads in the majors forums???
    Where does an article about Eric Duncan's performance in the AFL belong?

    OH WAIT. LET ME SEE.


    IN THE AFL THREAD!

    WOW. LOGIC.

    IT'S A USEFUL TOOL!!!!!

    OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZONEOENOEONEONE!11!1!!

  4. #29
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by cmaff05
    You guys don't like that this thread is here... too bad. Just don't open it and don't reply in it. The mods have found nothing wrong with it yet. And none of you are mods.

    Thanks for the report, thecaptain.
    When's the last time you saw a mod in here?

    That's right. They've left it TO US to self-moderate.

  5. #30

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Saying that this is how it works in the Majors forum is a complete lie. For example, there was a thread today started about Kevin Long becoming the new hitting coach. This was already being discussed in the Mattingly as new bench coach thread. Did one person complain about a new thread? No. The reason being that some people didn't look through that entire thread to realize that it was already being discussed there.

    Also, in this forum, there are now threads like "The 2006 AFL Thread." That would be the equivalent of a thread in the majors such as "The Yankee offseason rumor thread." There are no such things - new threads come to discuss new rumors.

    And what about this article is "pointless" again? What does that even mean? So instead of taking up one post in the vast AFL thread which a lot of people do not go through, someone started a new thread to discuss Eric Duncan getting hot after a cold start, and it's a big deal? Last I checked, the article that was originally posted did take up one post - just in a new thread. And, last time I checked, most people hadn't seen it before. The only thing ridiculous is you complaining about a new thread coming up - when it doesn't matter in the least.

    Exactly. There are about 5 new threads a day in the majors forum. There's like one for every player, trade rumor, poor Arod performance, and coaching blunder there is. Why the minors forum has 2 threads, I don't understand. Also, why, after we go through this conversation on every new thread, do we still have to have people acting like mods? They are not mods, and there is nothing wrong with a thread like this. Period. We should never have to have this discussion in a new thread again. The people retaliating against this idea have to chill, because most of the posters, and the mods, agree that it is perfectly ok to have multiple threads at once.

  6. #31

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    When's the last time you saw a mod in here?

    That's right. They've left it TO US to self-moderate.
    If that's the case, then you should think about self-moderating your own posts. Chill with the CAPS, and realize that other people may have their ideas on how this thread should be run. You are in the vast minority on this issue, and you have to calm down. If you don't like the fact that someone made a new thread, just ignore it, you don't have to instigate this argument once again.

  7. #32
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by surge511
    Exactly. There are about 5 new threads a day in the majors forum. There's like one for every player, trade rumor, poor Arod performance, and coaching blunder there is. Why the minors forum has 2 threads, I don't understand. Also, why, after we go through this conversation on every new thread, do we still have to have people acting like mods? They are not mods, and there is nothing wrong with a thread like this. Period. We should never have to have this discussion in a new thread again. The people retaliating against this idea have to chill, because most of the posters, and the mods, agree that it is perfectly ok to have multiple threads at once.
    As I said - THE MODS DON'T COME IN HERE. We have to self- moderate. They have asked us time and again.

    It's also very telling that the minors forum regulars don't have any objection. It's you people who hardly ever post here that raise a stink.

    Start posting regularly, then maybe we won't have to cater to your demands of having a new thread on every new goddamn article.

  8. #33
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by surge511
    If that's the case, then you should think about self-moderating your own posts. Chill with the CAPS, and realize that other people may have their ideas on how this thread should be run. You are in the vast minority on this issue, and you have to calm down. If you don't like the fact that someone made a new thread, just ignore it, you don't have to instigate this argument once again.
    Maybe you should realize that you need to conform to the way this forum is structured and not demand that people tow your line because you post in here once every month and are too damn lazy to look through 4 pages.

  9. #34
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    No, it's not the equivalent to the "off-season" thread. I said it would be equivalent
    Uhhhh......

  10. #35

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    You really really need to step back from this thread and look at how foolish you are acting.

    This is a thread. There is nothing wrong with it. It discusses one of our prized prospects.

  11. #36

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    As I said - THE MODS DON'T COME IN HERE. We have to self- moderate. They have asked us time and again.

    It's also very telling that the minors forum regulars don't have any objection. It's you people who hardly ever post here that raise a stink.

    Start posting regularly, then maybe we won't have to cater to your demands of having a new thread on every new goddamn article.
    I am a semi-regular poster in this forum, and I read this forum almost as much as I read the majors forum. Just because I don't post close to 30 times a day doesn't mean I never post here. And once again, calm down, this is not something to get worked up about. And I don't know who these regular posters are that you refer to, but it looks to me like you're fighting a one-man battle here.

  12. #37

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    the moderators specifically told gdn to moderate the forums? If they said we should self-moderate.. which I have not seen any of the owners here say.. then it should be up to ALL of the users.. not just gdn to decide which threads go where.

    We don't need everything in one thread

  13. #38
    NYYF Legend

    JeffWeaverFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    You're so wrong. The AFL thread is limited to the performance of the Yankees in the Arizona Fall League - it is not equivalent to an "off-season" thread (in fact, there IS an off-season progress report thread). There are designated threads for designated things). So why not put the DAMN ARTICLE WHERE IT BELONGS?

    If your argument is that no one had seen that article before, that's BECAUSE IT'S A NEW ARTICLE - WHY NOT PUT IT IN A THREAD THAT RELATES TO THAT TOPIC!?!?!

    It's freakin' absurd!
    No, I never said it was equivalent to an "off-season" thread. I said a "Yankee rumor" thread. Or how about a "Yankee sign/release/trade their players" thread. But that's not the case. In the majors, we have a "Should Moose come back" thread. We have a "Sheff doesn't want his option picked up" thread. There are lots of threads with different topics in them. The article

    The point being, why does there have to be just a few huge threads discussing everything? Why can't things be split up, so it's easier and more detailed for each thing? That seems logical to me.

    And putting it in the AFL thread would not help a lot of people that don't feel like reading through 183 posts when they just want to read an article about Eric Duncan.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

  14. #39
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by cmaff05
    You really really need to step back from this thread and look at how foolish you are acting.

    This is a thread. There is nothing wrong with it. It discusses one of our prized prospects.
    No it doesn't. THIS THREAD (which is basically a quote from an article) discuss the performance of one of our prospects in a fall league FOR WHICH THERE ALREADY IS A THREAD.

    How much simpler do I have to make it!?!?

  15. #40
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
    the moderators specifically told gdn to moderate the forums? If they said we should self-moderate.. which I have not seen any of the owners here say.. then it should be up to ALL of the users.. not just gdn to decide which threads go where.

    We don't need everything in one thread
    I don't decide - I asked that this "quote" from ONE news article be placed in the thread dedicated to the league that it is discussing.

  16. #41

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
    the moderators specifically told gdn to moderate the forums? If they said we should self-moderate.. which I have not seen any of the owners here say.. then it should be up to ALL of the users.. not just gdn to decide which threads go where.

    We don't need everything in one thread
    Exactly. Who is the one here trying to get everyone to conform to his way of doing things? GDN, you don't own this forum, you are not a mod, and everyone is in agreement (and has been for months) that you are in the wrong on this issue. So stop tirading through these threads demanding that people operate your way.

  17. #42
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    No, I never said it was equivalent to an "off-season" thread. I said a "Yankee rumor" thread. Or how about a "Yankee sign/release/trade their players" thread. But that's not the case. In the majors, we have a "Should Moose come back" thread. We have a "Sheff doesn't want his option picked up" thread. There are lots of threads with different topics in them. The article

    The point being, why does there have to be just a few huge threads discussing everything? Why can't things be split up, so it's easier and more detailed for each thing? That seems logical to me.

    And putting it in the AFL thread would not help a lot of people that don't feel like reading through 183 posts when they just want to read an article about Eric Duncan.
    So start an Eric Duncan thread and let it be for the whole year!

  18. #43

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    nah, this type of thread is just fine. We don't need an Eric Duncan thread or a Phil Hughes thread. This isn't PP

  19. #44
    NYYF Legend

    JeffWeaverFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    Where does an article about Eric Duncan's performance in the AFL belong?

    OH WAIT. LET ME SEE.


    IN THE AFL THREAD!

    WOW. LOGIC.

    IT'S A USEFUL TOOL!!!!!

    OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZONEOENOEONEONE!11!1!!
    The point is most people don't go through the AFL thread. Someone finds an interesting article about Eric Duncan, why hide it in a thread when more people would see it if it is a new thread? Last I checked a lot of people read through nyyfans to find out info on the Yankees. Putting everything in the minors in a few threads makes it much harder to do that.

    And, once again, why does everything purtaining to the AFL have to go in one thread? Why can't there be a "Eric Duncan in the AFL" and many more like that? Seems a lot easier to me.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

  20. #45
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    The point is most people don't go through the AFL thread. Someone finds an interesting article about Eric Duncan, why hide it in a thread when more people would see it if it is a new thread? Last I checked a lot of people read through nyyfans to find out info on the Yankees. Putting everything in the minors in a few threads makes it much harder to do that.

    And, once again, why does everything purtaining to the AFL have to go in one thread? Why can't there be a "Eric Duncan in the AFL" and many more like that? Seems a lot easier to me.
    Why not? Is nine posts in three days too much for you to read?

  21. #46
    NYYF Legend

    JeffWeaverFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn

    Start posting regularly, then maybe we won't have to cater to your demands of having a new thread on every new goddamn article.
    How is it catering? That there are a few extra threads here? How is that a big deal again?

    The only thing that would happen if people started more threads in here about specific players and about something happening to a specific player is it would be more like the other sub-forums on nyyfans.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

  22. #47
    NYYF Legend

    JeffWeaverFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    Why not? Is nine posts in three days too much for you to read?
    There are 183 posts in that thread.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

  23. #48
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    There are 183 posts in that thread.
    That just goes to show that you haven't even bothered to look at the thread.

  24. #49

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    BTW, you have been reported gdn by me for trolling.

    I don't want to pleasure you with posting in one of your threads.

  25. #50
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Duncan's bat turns hot after slow start

    Quote Originally Posted by cmaff05
    BTW, you have been reported gdn by me for trolling.

    I don't want to pleasure you with posting in one of your threads.
    Hey! Whaddya know! I just reported you for being a jackass! Isn't that cool! We can both click buttons!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts