+ Reply to Thread
Page 1231 of 1248 FirstFirst ... 231 731 1131 1181 1221 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1241 ... LastLast
Results 30,751 to 30,775 of 31176
    NYYF Legend

Re: Ladies Only Thread

Danielle, sorry your arm isn't doing better. Glad you got an appointment to have it looked at again.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

JHC - if you read the article I just did in the NY Times about a 12 year old that fell and got a cut and ended up with sepsis (which is basically poison in your system that can be fatal)......keep a good eye on that Danielle. You don't want it to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    JHC - if you read the article I just did in the NY Times about a 12 year old that fell and got a cut and ended up with sepsis (which is basically poison in your system that can be fatal)......keep a good eye on that Danielle. You don't want it to get worse.
    Was the kid OK?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Was the kid OK?
    No, he died. It's an unbelievable story. The kid falls at school - no big deal right? The sequence of events are just amazing and so sad. Sorry to be the buzzkill but I just read it and I can't get it off my mind. I swear I'm going to make my kids read it so they understand how things can happen so fast......they prob won't read it. The article is kind of long.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/par...183800609.html (this is the shorter, Yahoo version of the story). The NY Times one had much more detail.

NYYF Legend

I think I am getting soft in my old age but I have to show you Shannon's new baby - born yesterday at 9 lbs 7 oz! Shannon does my color He's so cute! And yes, his daddy is a Mets fan.
    Attached Images

NYYF Legend

yikes that's terrible. how about the cute girl who got cut from a zipline accident and got the flesh eating bacteria. ugh...

that baby is cute. how is your niece's baby doing?

No, he died. It's an unbelievable story. The kid falls at school - no big deal right? The sequence of events are just amazing and so sad. Sorry to be the buzzkill but I just read it and I can't get it off my mind. I swear I'm going to make my kids read it so they understand how things can happen so fast......they prob won't read it. The article is kind of long.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/par...183800609.html (this is the shorter, Yahoo version of the story). The NY Times one had much more detail.
    OMG, that is so awful. My god.

I think I am getting soft in my old age but I have to show you Shannon's new baby - born yesterday at 9 lbs 7 oz! Shannon does my color He's so cute! And yes, his daddy is a Mets fan.
    He is beautiful!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    That's so sad.

I sent a patient to the ER in June because of sepsis and he swore up and down that he was fine and kept telling me he didn't want to go. He's doing better now (although now he has post hospital psychosis, which is a whole different beast in itself. Lol)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    That's so sad.

I sent a patient to the ER in June because of sepsis and he swore up and down that he was fine and kept telling me he didn't want to go. He's doing better now (although now he has post hospital psychosis, which is a whole different beast in itself. Lol)
    What the heck is that?
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

One of my best pals husband died of sepsis when their kids were 1,3 and 6. They were living in Iowa at the time because of his job - horrible, horrible thing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    yikes that's terrible. how about the cute girl who got cut from a zipline accident and got the flesh eating bacteria. ugh...

that baby is cute. how is your niece's baby doing?
    Her baby seems to be doing just fine....thanks Jeanne. She posts millions of pictures of him on facebook.

NYYF HOF

They were living in Iowa at the time because of his job - horrible, horrible thing.
    I know, all that corn and nothing to do, --just horrible.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I know, all that corn and nothing to do, --just horrible.
    What is that supposed to mean??

They were living in Iowa - they had no family around them - he was from Virginia and she was from CT. She was left with 3 little kids in a state they had recently moved to....until she moved back to CT which was not an easy thing.

NYYF HOF

What is that supposed to mean??

They were living in Iowa - they had no family around them - he was from Virginia and she was from CT. She was left with 3 little kids in a state they had recently moved to....until she moved back to CT which was not an easy thing.
    Sorry--the way you wrote it makes it seem like 'living in Iowa' is what's horrible, not the infection. Having been to Iowa once (Davenport on business), I was just playing on that. Seriously, there was nothing but corn. I'd get dizzy walking across parking lots because things were so flat.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Vick - I get so many compliments on my NY Built lunch bag that you recommended. I've given the link to a few people...you should get a commission.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    Vick - I get so many compliments on my NY Built lunch bag that you recommended. I've given the link to a few people...you should get a commission.
    Isn't it nice when something actually is cute and functional for a change?

I don't know if anyone remembers my SwitchFlops sandals I have that I have different straps for (and even made a couple myself) but Shannen is in love with them now too, so I ordered her her own pair and a bunch of new straps which were on sale on the website (www.lindsayphillips.com). They are so cute and practical, I adore them.
    Last edited by krystl; 07-17-12 at 03:29 PM.

Hello fellow ladies! I am just popping in for a quick hi. I know there is also a newbies thread, but since I am a female baseball fan I thought I'd say hi in here too.
    That being said, last night I was talking to a guy and after we had already established that I am a huge baseball geek he pointed out to me that the Oakland A's are a baseball team. No sh*t, huh? I've had this happen before when a dude tried to explain what a walk is...
    Is it just me or has anyone else encountered men who don't seem to take female sports fans seriously?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Travelbug83 View Post
    Hello fellow ladies! I am just popping in for a quick hi. I know there is also a newbies thread, but since I am a female baseball fan I thought I'd say hi in here too.
    That being said, last night I was talking to a guy and after we had already established that I am a huge baseball geek he pointed out to me that the Oakland A's are a baseball team. No sh*t, huh? I've had this happen before when a dude tried to explain what a walk is...
    Is it just me or has anyone else encountered men who don't seem to take female sports fans seriously?
    Hi and welcome!!

I am not a serious baseball fan, especially in the last few seasons, but I know what I need to know for the most part. Some guys are intimidated by women who know sports (or cars) but the majority of guys I know are happy that they know a female who is into something they are.

NYYF Legend

Ladies! I went to get a manicure today and I got talked into a UV gel manicure. It's a lot more money than a regular one ($25 vs $10) but it supposedly lasts for 2 weeks. If my polish doesn't chip for 2 weeks, it's totally worth it! I might get sick of the color before then, though.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Ladies! I went to get a manicure today and I got talked into a UV gel manicure. It's a lot more money than a regular one ($25 vs $10) but it supposedly lasts for 2 weeks. If my polish doesn't chip for 2 weeks, it's totally worth it! I might get sick of the color before then, though.
    What the heck is a UV gel manicure?

NYYF Legend

What the heck is a UV gel manicure?
    It's basically a glue manicure, kind of. It's many layers of polish. Base, color and top coats. And between each coat, it is cured under a UV light. It is dry after 2 minutes from the last coat. It won't chip for 2 weeks, so they say. But because it's many coats, you will start to see the raised part at the base of the nail when it grows out, much like acrylics.

I figured I would try it once. It's actually more costly than acrylics, but they don't sand the surface of the nail down and they only soak the gel off, not file it off.

NYYF Legend

It's basically a glue manicure, kind of. It's many layers of polish. Base, color and top coats. And between each coat, it is cured under a UV light. It is dry after 2 minutes from the last coat. It won't chip for 2 weeks, so they say. But because it's many coats, you will start to see the raised part at the base of the nail when it grows out, much like acrylics.

I figured I would try it once. It's actually more costly than acrylics, but they don't sand the surface of the nail down and they only soak the gel off, not file it off.
    I can't keep up with what's going on in the nail world - I see now they have polish that looks crackily (sp)....it's cool looking - except I don't do my nails.....and I don't even have my toes polished either. I look like a tom boy probably. It's too hot to do anything.....that's my excuse anyway.

NYYF Legend

I can't keep up with what's going on in the nail world - I see now they have polish that looks crackily (sp)....it's cool looking - except I don't do my nails.....and I don't even have my toes polished either. I look like a tom boy probably. It's too hot to do anything.....that's my excuse anyway.
    I have the crackle polish, but I personally don't care for it. It doesn't go on even on every finger so it ends up looking messy. My nails are so short right now, but I like a bright color in the summer.

My toes are always polished in the warm weather because I have flip flops on every day and I don't like my feet without nailpolish. I usually get a pedicure and it lasts a good month. Manicures, otoh, suck on natural nails. One day washing the car and the manicure is shot. And then there's dishes, laundry, etc. If the gel holds up, I'll be happy.

NYYF Legend

I have the crackle polish, but I personally don't care for it. It doesn't go on even on every finger so it ends up looking messy. My nails are so short right now, but I like a bright color in the summer.

My toes are always polished in the warm weather because I have flip flops on every day and I don't like my feet without nailpolish. I usually get a pedicure and it lasts a good month. Manicures, otoh, suck on natural nails. One day washing the car and the manicure is shot. And then there's dishes, laundry, etc. If the gel holds up, I'll be happy.
    Maybe I'm getting old but I don't even mind having no polish on my toes - and I either have flip flops or open toed shoes (for work). Maybe next week I'll get a pedicure or the week I'm on vacation.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    I had one about a month ago. It lasted about two weeks and then I started picking at it. and I work with my hands so I was surprised it lasted that long. Then I found out I can't have gel manicures for work so I never went back for them. And regular manicures won't last a day with my line of work.

Thread Information