+ Reply to Thread
Page 1219 of 1248 FirstFirst ... 219 719 1119 1169 1209 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1229 ... LastLast
Results 30,451 to 30,475 of 31176
  1. #30451
    Adele Dazim xenadanielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Remulac

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Thanks you guys. When I had my first mammo, they had me come back for an ultrasound but it was OK--more for them to establish a baseline.

    Tanya has had one mammo, but felt a lump recently back towards her armpit. They think the lump may be a cyst, but then there was another "mass" on her mammo. So they did an ultrasound right away and there were other...smaller things they saw on *that* that concerned the docs; like multiple sh!t. They wanted her to have the biopsy asap--like Monday. But she said she had to work...and Tuesday was bad for her too. She is getting like me LOL. She won't go until Thurs. I would've gone Monday.

    In the meantime my poor little niece has so much drama with friends and boys and stuff. I'm glad she is going to another school next year. She's way too smart and sensitive but not very emotionally mature...she's like, a heartbroken stalker at age ten w/one boy who kind of "dumped" her for one of her friends.

  2. #30452
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Thanks you guys. When I had my first mammo, they had me come back for an ultrasound but it was OK--more for them to establish a baseline.

    Tanya has had one mammo, but felt a lump recently back towards her armpit. They think the lump may be a cyst, but then there was another "mass" on her mammo. So they did an ultrasound right away and there were other...smaller things they saw on *that* that concerned the docs; like multiple sh!t. They wanted her to have the biopsy asap--like Monday. But she said she had to work...and Tuesday was bad for her too. She is getting like me LOL. She won't go until Thurs. I would've gone Monday.

    In the meantime my poor little niece has so much drama with friends and boys and stuff. I'm glad she is going to another school next year. She's way too smart and sensitive but not very emotionally mature...she's like, a heartbroken stalker at age ten w/one boy who kind of "dumped" her for one of her friends.
    In that situation, I'm with you. I think I would have gone on Monday just because I wouldn't want to wait and fret the whole week. I hope everything is ok. Keep us posted, D.

    How old is your niece? Luckily my daughter didn't go through too much drama (so far, anyway....) and whatever drama there was, was pretty short lived. Hope the same for your niece.

  3. #30453

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Hi ladies.

    Karen, did Shannen get that job?

    There is a really annoying scab on my pinky now from where I burned it with the flatiron. In related news, I am really happy with the keratin results!

    Anyway...I need to vent somehow since I have had a knot in my stomach all day. My sister is having a biopsy on her right bewb next week...she told me not to say anything to my parents, but I am about to go over to their house for Friday cocktails. I have been on the verge of tears all day and feel kind of nauseous about the whole thing, and I don't know if I am going to be able to hide that from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Thanks you guys. When I had my first mammo, they had me come back for an ultrasound but it was OK--more for them to establish a baseline.

    Tanya has had one mammo, but felt a lump recently back towards her armpit. They think the lump may be a cyst, but then there was another "mass" on her mammo. So they did an ultrasound right away and there were other...smaller things they saw on *that* that concerned the docs; like multiple sh!t. They wanted her to have the biopsy asap--like Monday. But she said she had to work...and Tuesday was bad for her too. She is getting like me LOL. She won't go until Thurs. I would've gone Monday.

    In the meantime my poor little niece has so much drama with friends and boys and stuff. I'm glad she is going to another school next year. She's way too smart and sensitive but not very emotionally mature...she's like, a heartbroken stalker at age ten w/one boy who kind of "dumped" her for one of her friends.
    Keep us updated on your sister, Danielle. I'll be thinking of her - and you - this week. I'm sure all will be well!

    Aw, your poor little niece. That sounds like you're describing me at that age. It's really tough to be a sensitive kid. Some of us never get over being too sensitive.
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

  4. #30454
    NYYF Legend

    Trish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Hi ladies.

    Karen, did Shannen get that job?

    There is a really annoying scab on my pinky now from where I burned it with the flatiron. In related news, I am really happy with the keratin results!

    Anyway...I need to vent somehow since I have had a knot in my stomach all day. My sister is having a biopsy on her right bewb next week...she told me not to say anything to my parents, but I am about to go over to their house for Friday cocktails. I have been on the verge of tears all day and feel kind of nauseous about the whole thing, and I don't know if I am going to be able to hide that from them.
    I know it's easier said than done, but please try not to worry too much. It usually turns out to be nothing.

    I had a biopsy myself a few years ago, and while it wasn't a piece of cake it turned out benign. I hope this is the case with your sister.

    Edit: I just saw your later post so I do understand a little more why you're worried. I still have a good feeling that it will be okay...and that's coming from someone who always thinks the worst now. Life has surely turned me into a pessimistic, bitter person
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

  5. #30455
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Danielle, sorry to hear your niece is going through that. Shannen's friend's niece, around the same age, is going through something similar. These girls make mean comments on her facebook page (why she has a facebook page is beyond me). They don't say much to her in school, but the girl is afraid to defriend them on fb because she thinks they will pick on her more then.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  6. #30456
    NYYF Legend

    b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Karen - congrats to Shannen on getting the job..sounds like all that screening is worth it as they are good with being flexible too.

    Danielle -sorry to hear about Tanya..I'll be praying and sending you guys good thoughts. I would have been with you guys being in there on Monday...do you know if she'll get the results before the weekend?

    I would try to keep it from your parents - my sisters have told my parents things before when i was trying to keep it from them until i knew for sure or had something to tell and i wasn't mad but it made it tougher and most times was nothing for them to worry about...just do your best.

  7. #30457
    Adele Dazim xenadanielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Remulac

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Thank you so much my LOT ladies!! *HUGS*

    Yeah the way they describe the biopsy --at least what Tanya told me-- sounds pretty unpleasant. Like--she will be face-down on a table with her bewb poking thru some...hole? In fact I just made myself nauseous reading about it online. I guess I won't do that anymore.

    Yeah I was a sensitive kid too and got bullied a bit so my heart hurts so much anytime I hear that Lindsey has problems with other kids. But she does not have a Facebook page, and gets in trouble if she goes onto her mom's..which she has done on occasion on my page or what not.

  8. #30458
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Thank you so much my LOT ladies!! *HUGS*

    Yeah the way they describe the biopsy --at least what Tanya told me-- sounds pretty unpleasant. Like--she will be face-down on a table with her bewb poking thru some...hole? In fact I just made myself nauseous reading about it online. I guess I won't do that anymore.

    Yeah I was a sensitive kid too and got bullied a bit so my heart hurts so much anytime I hear that Lindsey has problems with other kids. But she does not have a Facebook page, and gets in trouble if she goes onto her mom's..which she has done on occasion on my page or what not.
    Bullying just sucks.

    Yes, that's how they do breast biopsies. Shall I take a pic of one of our machines for you? j/k....when does she have the procedure done?

  9. #30459
    NYYF Legend

    Trish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Thank you so much my LOT ladies!! *HUGS*

    Yeah the way they describe the biopsy --at least what Tanya told me-- sounds pretty unpleasant. Like--she will be face-down on a table with her bewb poking thru some...hole? In fact I just made myself nauseous reading about it online. I guess I won't do that anymore.

    Yeah I was a sensitive kid too and got bullied a bit so my heart hurts so much anytime I hear that Lindsey has problems with other kids. But she does not have a Facebook page, and gets in trouble if she goes onto her mom's..which she has done on occasion on my page or what not.
    Yikes that sounds scary. Mine was a needle biopsy.

    I had my yearly mammo/sono on Monday and nearly fainted from the pain of it. The had to sit me down and put an ice pack on the back of my neck. It was sheer torture this time. And of course they needed to take more pictures. Ugh.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

  10. #30460
    Adele Dazim xenadanielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Remulac

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Well, the word of the day is..benign! She has to go back in six months.

  11. #30461
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Well, the word of the day is..benign! She has to go back in six months.
    That must be a huge relief for her! Did they remove everything or was it just one lump they were concerned with?
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  12. #30462
    NYYF Legend

    GiambiRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hamilton, NJ

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Well, the word of the day is..benign! She has to go back in six months.
    GREAT GREAT news!
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I need to be.

  13. #30463
    NYYF Legend

    smr15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    West Milford, NJ

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Well, the word of the day is..benign! She has to go back in six months.
    Such good news! Hurrah!
    (...everybody EXHALE! )
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

  14. #30464
    NYYF Legend

    Trish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Well, the word of the day is..benign! She has to go back in six months.
    Yay!!
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

  15. #30465
    Adele Dazim xenadanielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Remulac

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    ^^^ Thank you gals.


    Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    That must be a huge relief for her! Did they remove everything or was it just one lump they were concerned with?
    I'm not sure, I asked about this but I'm still not really sure what part of what they removed, if it was the whole lump/cyst not. But I guess whatever they *did* remove did not have cancerous cells. We just chatted again and and apparently when she goes back in six months she has to have another biopsy? That, I do not like so much. I presumed it would just be for an ultrasound or something. And now I guess a mammo would be horrible again (like you were saying yours was, Trish--was it worse b/c you had had a biopsy previously?) I would *NOT* want my bewbs squished like that after having a needle stuck in or something sliced out of it... She said the site is still really painful. While they were doing it the lidocaine stopped working. And it was while the doctor was in a "margin area" that was important or what not so they did give her another shot. But...WTF???? Uch. And my niece knows a little about what happened now and is asking a lot of questions.

    But, on the bright side they are taking her to a roller derby match tonight.

  16. #30466
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Speaking of mammograms....we had a pretty big party last week. 12 women had their mammograms and so far only 2 were dense and have to go back for an ultrsouns. We had a blast and I was one of the "patients" since I was 1 year late getting my mammogram done. Shame on me.....oops. Time just flies....

  17. #30467
    NYYF Legend

    Trish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    ^^^ Thank you gals.




    I'm not sure, I asked about this but I'm still not really sure what part of what they removed, if it was the whole lump/cyst not. But I guess whatever they *did* remove did not have cancerous cells. We just chatted again and and apparently when she goes back in six months she has to have another biopsy? That, I do not like so much. I presumed it would just be for an ultrasound or something. And now I guess a mammo would be horrible again (like you were saying yours was, Trish--was it worse b/c you had had a biopsy previously?) I would *NOT* want my bewbs squished like that after having a needle stuck in or something sliced out of it... She said the site is still really painful. While they were doing it the lidocaine stopped working. And it was while the doctor was in a "margin area" that was important or what not so they did give her another shot. But...WTF???? Uch. And my niece knows a little about what happened now and is asking a lot of questions.

    But, on the bright side they are taking her to a roller derby match tonight.
    No, the needle biopsy had nothing to do with the pain this time. Unfortunately I was ovulating, and the hormones do a number on my bewbs. They're cystic to begin with, and sometimes my mammos are torturous. This was one of those times. Just horrible.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

  18. #30468
    NYYF Legend

    b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Well, the word of the day is..benign! She has to go back in six months.
    that's awesome Danielle! hopefully it will just be them being thorough in 6 months and it's nothing to worry about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    No, the needle biopsy had nothing to do with the pain this time. Unfortunately I was ovulating, and the hormones do a number on my bewbs. They're cystic to begin with, and sometimes my mammos are torturous. This was one of those times. Just horrible.
    ouch that sounds awful. my last one was pretty painful but nothing like that.

  19. #30469
    NYYF Legend

    keg411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Jersey

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Oh hai LOT .

    Taking a break from studying for exams (because I'm dead exhausted), but just wanted to check in and say "hi" since Vicki wrote on my FB wall for my birthday a few weeks ago.

    Anyway, 2L has been kind of rough (school-wise and social/relationship-wise), and I'm not the biggest fan of Ann Arbor... however, in 2 weeks I'll be back in Jersey and then I'll be living/working in NYC for the summer, which I'm super excited about . Best part about the job is that unless I ................ up, I should get an offer so hopefully I can relax a bit 3L year.
    UM now, UM always
    #21 - We will never forget you.
    Let's Go Yankees!


  20. #30470
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by keg411 View Post
    Oh hai LOT .

    Taking a break from studying for exams (because I'm dead exhausted), but just wanted to check in and say "hi" since Vicki wrote on my FB wall for my birthday a few weeks ago.

    Anyway, 2L has been kind of rough (school-wise and social/relationship-wise), and I'm not the biggest fan of Ann Arbor... however, in 2 weeks I'll be back in Jersey and then I'll be living/working in NYC for the summer, which I'm super excited about . Best part about the job is that unless I ................ up, I should get an offer so hopefully I can relax a bit 3L year.
    Hi Kim! Sorry if I didn't wish you a happy birthday on FB. Sometimes things don't always show up on my feeds.

    Glad you will be working/living in the city this summer! Sounds exciting!
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  21. #30471
    NYYF Legend

    keg411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Jersey

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Hi Kim! Sorry if I didn't wish you a happy birthday on FB. Sometimes things don't always show up on my feeds.

    Glad you will be working/living in the city this summer! Sounds exciting!
    No worries, Karen. She just mentioned the board and I told her I'd stop by .
    UM now, UM always
    #21 - We will never forget you.
    Let's Go Yankees!


  22. #30472
    NYYF Legend

    b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by keg411 View Post
    Oh hai LOT .

    Taking a break from studying for exams (because I'm dead exhausted), but just wanted to check in and say "hi" since Vicki wrote on my FB wall for my birthday a few weeks ago.

    Anyway, 2L has been kind of rough (school-wise and social/relationship-wise), and I'm not the biggest fan of Ann Arbor... however, in 2 weeks I'll be back in Jersey and then I'll be living/working in NYC for the summer, which I'm super excited about . Best part about the job is that unless I ................ up, I should get an offer so hopefully I can relax a bit 3L year.
    Happy Belated, Kim! nice to see you check in - especially for us non-facebookers. good to see you'll be back in NJ soon - sounds like you have an exciting summer coming up!

  23. #30473

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    So I am going on a date with a girl on May 5. My buddy set me up. He met her on Match.com and they didn't click so he asked if I was interested. We were supposed to meet up Saturday afternoon (04/21), but she texted me saying she had a family emergency and she couldn't make it. We rescheduled our plans and both agreed May 5 was a good day. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

    Any suggestions ladies? We are planning to meet up for coffee. I'd pay of course.

  24. #30474

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by keg411 View Post
    Oh hai LOT .

    Taking a break from studying for exams (because I'm dead exhausted), but just wanted to check in and say "hi" since Vicki wrote on my FB wall for my birthday a few weeks ago.

    Anyway, 2L has been kind of rough (school-wise and social/relationship-wise), and I'm not the biggest fan of Ann Arbor... however, in 2 weeks I'll be back in Jersey and then I'll be living/working in NYC for the summer, which I'm super excited about . Best part about the job is that unless I ................ up, I should get an offer so hopefully I can relax a bit 3L year.
    Good to "see" you around! I posted on your wall for your b-day, too! Sounds like you'll have a great summer!
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

  25. #30475
    NYYF Legend

    b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: Ladies Only Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
    So I am going on a date with a girl on May 5. My buddy set me up. He met her on Match.com and they didn't click so he asked if I was interested. We were supposed to meet up Saturday afternoon (04/21), but she texted me saying she had a family emergency and she couldn't make it. We rescheduled our plans and both agreed May 5 was a good day. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

    Any suggestions ladies? We are planning to meet up for coffee. I'd pay of course.
    I think it's great that your buddy sort of pre-screened her in that you sort of know she's attractive enough and not crazy.

    I think it's good to keep an open mind and give her the benefit of the doubt..if she didn't want to meet up with you, she'd just cancel and not reschedule. I would maybe suggest talking on the phone a bit to see if you have things in common but some people just like to meet up and see what happens.

    I think meeting for coffee or a drink is a good strategy first...don't commit to a long meal in case there is no interest on one or both sides...not sure what kind of advice you want? I'd be on time, look neat, talk about yourself some but also ask her a lot about her and engage in conversation - don't just be onto your next question like a resume. and keep good eye contact..is that what you meant by advice?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts