+ Reply to Thread
Page 1131 of 1248 FirstFirst ... 131 631 1031 1081 1121 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1141 1181 1231 ... LastLast
Results 28,251 to 28,275 of 31176
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Re: Ladies Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hildy910 View Post
    BBL, I've been watching RuPaul's Drag Race. Is that crappy enough?
    Yes!! I don't watch that one though..how do you feel about The bachelor? or Millionaire Matchmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I'm glad to hear it went well, Vick!

Well, Ladies, I'm off to San Diego tonight. I'll be getting married in La Jolla on Monday! It's supposed to be 74 degrees that day.
    congrats Jenn!! Hope I didn't miss you before you left - just sent you a PM! I know you'll make a beautiful bride!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Awww -- thanks Sweetie. I do watch a whole bunch of crappy TV. I know you do too. But I mean, come on, who can resist the train wreck of Camille Grammer once a week!
    YES!!!!!!! that's the one my sister just recently roped me into and I watched a mini-marathon of the second half of the season. it's awesome..sadly, she's a little nuts but not the most obnoxious -- I love the Brit Lisa and Adrienne..the rest are kind of nuts.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" ...Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Wow, just found out Kev is still in recovery. He was operated on at 7am. I think I'm going to head over there. That makes me a little nervous (esp after the last knee surgery where he got the staph infection and ended up in the hospital for a month).
    hmmm..that is odd. Did you head over there? I was at the hair salon and I was going to text you for an update and my phone went dead. How is he doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hildy910 View Post
    Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to feed the trolls. I just got so sick of the pointless bickering that I wanted to point out that not all Sox fans look at their team as underdogs or scrappy dirt dogs. My point is that you root for the team you root for mostly b/c of geography, not b/c they are scrappy or feisty of what have you.
    Not that it made a lick of difference--one guy used that post to talk about the Sox being underdogs, which is the opposite of what I meant. I was going to reply, but figured it was hopeless.

Happy to hear the surgery went well, Vicki. How long will he be in hospital?
    I never go in there, but that sounds hopeless - you said not all Sox fans look at their team as underdogs and someone said that the Sox are underdogs? WTF?!?

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Well, Ladies, I'm off to San Diego tonight. I'll be getting married in La Jolla on Monday! It's supposed to be 74 degrees that day.
    Holy isht - I did not know that! Congratulations - I hope it's a wonderful day and every day afterwards is even better!

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

I agree Jeanne and everyone is feeding the trolls today, just what they like. It was great a few days ago when no one posted in that pathetic thread. Sorry Hildy.

Thanks for asking Jeanne....I wrote in the LTE that the surgeon called around 10 and said he thought the surgery went very well. Kev is off to recovery for 4 hours, then up to the Orthopedic floor so we'll see....I'll call him later but my other friend who happens to be in the OR too (she saw him before he went in....) said he's really going to be out of it today. Of course the kids want to go see him tonight but tomorrow might be a better night to "visit."

Wow, just found out Kev is still in recovery. He was operated on at 7am. I think I'm going to head over there. That makes me a little nervous (esp after the last knee surgery where he got the staph infection and ended up in the hospital for a month).
    I hope everything is OK with your husband. I am sure it is but sometimes people stay in the recovery room longer for various reasons. Keep us posted.

28 in '12

NYYF Legend

The best of luck in your new marriage. You picked a great place to tie the knot.

28 in '12

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Hi everyone. He finally got up to his room at 6:30pm! He said he lost a lot of blood so they had to give him a transfusion (GIVE BLOOD - you want it there when you need it my plug for the American Red Cross! ). He sounded pretty good when I talked to him. I had the boys all set to go to the hospital but my daughter wasn't home....come to find out she had a game and didn't tell me....Grrrrr.....she didn't get home till almost 8 (hopital hours are 8-8) and Kev said he was tired anyway and to come tomorrow (today). So the kids all talked to him on the phone, I'm going there shortly and I'll bring the boys tonight (J has another basketball game tonight) and I will bring them again tomorrow to see him.

He had the nerve numbing dual cath going in each leg so he was feeling no pain last night but I think today starts to become more realistic. They will try to get him to stand and start reducing the pain meds a little. He said double knees are under a whole diff protocol from single knees. They are put in rooms right near the nurses station, they are in private rooms, they are in recovery a lot longer and there's a host of other things they do differently....thanks for asking everyone. Sorry to bore you with all this stuff.

oh, and his surgeon is hot! Unfortunately I know to much about the guy since he lives in my town but damn, he is unbelievable good looking.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Hi everyone. He finally got up to his room at 6:30pm! He said he lost a lot of blood so they had to give him a transfusion (GIVE BLOOD - you want it there when you need it my plug for the American Red Cross! ). He sounded pretty good when I talked to him. I had the boys all set to go to the hospital but my daughter wasn't home....come to find out she had a game and didn't tell me....Grrrrr.....she didn't get home till almost 8 (hopital hours are 8-8) and Kev said he was tired anyway and to come tomorrow (today). So the kids all talked to him on the phone, I'm going there shortly and I'll bring the boys tonight (J has another basketball game tonight) and I will bring them again tomorrow to see him.

He had the nerve numbing dual cath going in each leg so he was feeling no pain last night but I think today starts to become more realistic. They will try to get him to stand and start reducing the pain meds a little. He said double knees are under a whole diff protocol from single knees. They are put in rooms right near the nurses station, they are in private rooms, they are in recovery a lot longer and there's a host of other things they do differently....thanks for asking everyone. Sorry to bore you with all this stuff.

oh, and his surgeon is hot! Unfortunately I know to much about the guy since he lives in my town but damn, he is unbelievable good looking.
    Glad to hear he is ok, Vick! Coincidentally, I'm giving blood next week - now I feel good about myself!

Mmmmm...hot doctors.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

Glad to hear he's doing ok, Vick. I'm sure the first few days will be the worst.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Glad to hear he is ok, Vick! Coincidentally, I'm giving blood next week - now I feel good about myself!

Mmmmm...hot doctors.
    One of my close doc friends said he's a "prick and thinks he's God." He sure is nice to look at though.....

NYYF Legend

Great news, Vicki! I hope he's feeling better today... and he will be, because you and the kids are visiting!

I am a regular blood donor. I am about due to go again. Thanks for the reminder.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

One of my close doc friends said he's a "prick and thinks he's God." He sure is nice to look at though.....
    A hot surgeon is about as close as it gets!
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post
    Great news, Vicki! I hope he's feeling better today... and he will be, because you and the kids are visiting!

I am a regular blood donor. I am about due to go again. Thanks for the reminder.
    Anytime! And thank you for donating! I'm always telling my kids as soon as they are eligible, I'm driving them to a blood drive. I'm hoping they become life long donors and donate every 56 days.

Thanks for the update Vick! hope he's doing okay when you and the kids get to see him today! you're not boring us at all!! especially with mentions of hot surgeons.

I give blood a few times a year and I"m bummed I missed it at work on Tuesday because of weather - they really need it right now!

A hot surgeon is about as close as it gets!

NYYF Legend

I love giving blood, but I have to wait now because I got a new tattoo a few months ago.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Wow. Congratulations, Jenn!

Vicki, hope Kevin is still doing well!

Here's something fun (Where's Ally? This story has a NASCAR theme).

The bf's niece (the one up here staying with us for friend's funeral) is an elementary school teacher in Charlotte and has J.J. Yeley's (NASCAR driver) daughter in her class. Jill (niece) has become very close friends with his wife who is a volunteer mom in her class. I mean...they are so close that the Yeleys have given her another cell phone that they pay for since Jill's soon-to-be-ex-the-cheating-with-a-21-year-old-arsehole is being a fdb about tracking her calls to her lawyer and stuff since they still have a family plan or something? Anyway...she's offered Jill/family/extended family (us) the use of their HUMONGOUS oceanfront home in Holden Beach, NC if she wants. It sleeps 16 and the photos are gorgeous. We are probably going for a week in August.

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Wow. Congratulations, Jenn!

Vicki, hope Kevin is still doing well!

Here's something fun (Where's Ally? This story has a NASCAR theme).

The bf's niece (the one up here staying with us for friend's funeral) is an elementary school teacher in Charlotte and has J.J. Yeley's (NASCAR driver) daughter in her class. Jill (niece) has become very close friends with his wife who is a volunteer mom in her class. I mean...they are so close that the Yeleys have given her another cell phone that they pay for since Jill's soon-to-be-ex-the-cheating-with-a-21-year-old-arsehole is being a fdb about tracking her calls to her lawyer and stuff since they still have a family plan or something? Anyway...she's offered Jill/family/extended family (us) the use of their HUMONGOUS oceanfront home in Holden Beach, NC if she wants. It sleeps 16 and the photos are gorgeous. We are probably going for a week in August.
    I'm here! That is awesome!

I try to give blood as often as I can get there or when they have a blood drive at church.

NYYF Legend

[QUOTE=4bronxbombers;7137217]Anytime! And thank you for donating! I'm always telling my kids as soon as they are eligible, I'm driving them to a blood drive. I'm hoping they become life long donors and donate every 56 days. [/QUOTE

I just heard somewhere that donating blood actually makes the blood healthier in the donor. If true, then that is a good reason for donating.

28 in '12

Ladies...I know a few of us are fans of the Stephanie Plum series. This is awful, but last night we went to the viewing of my SIL's dear friend Kathy who passed away last week-- it was at a funeral home in Trenton. I couldn't help but wonder if a version of it appeared in one of the books as one of Grandma Mazur's haunts! It was a very old-fashioned funeral home. Actually her son Bryan told us how he wanted to have a nice video slide show, etc and they told him: "We don't do that!"

NYYF Legend

Ladies...I know a few of us are fans of the Stephanie Plum series. This is awful, but last night we went to the viewing of my SIL's dear friend Kathy who passed away last week-- it was at a funeral home in Trenton. I couldn't help but wonder if a version of it appeared in one of the books as one of Grandma Mazur's haunts! It was a very old-fashioned funeral home. Actually her son Bryan told us how he wanted to have a nice video slide show, etc and they told him: "We don't do that!"
    What was the name? Brenna's?
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

grandma mazur is one of the best characters in a book series. sad that you were there but that's too funny that you noticed that!

My mom's childhood friend has some relative that works for J & J and she gets those really good band-aids for me (especially with the toe thing I had done-- I'm using a lot of those flexible ones) and OB tampons (the only kind i will use) for a good discount...I found out that they stopped making my beloved OB Ultra ones.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    My mom's childhood friend has some relative that works for J & J and she gets those really good band-aids for me (especially with the toe thing I had done-- I'm using a lot of those flexible ones) and OB tampons (the only kind i will use) for a good discount...I found out that they stopped making my beloved OB Ultra ones.
    Have them check the J and J store...they might have a supply! Buy a case or two.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

I was blown away today when seeing my friend Jen this morning (one of my doc friends).....one of my soccermates/friends (and Brendan is friends with one of the boys in the family) was just diagnosed with stomach cancer. For those on facebook, she is one of 5 of us at a road race in Central Park. Jen said it is unoperable. The cancer has already hit her lymph nodes. I started crying....I know what this means. 4 young kids, nice family, her husband Jim is a very popular surgeon in Connecticut (he did my bf Kelly's surgery for her breast cancer). This hit me like a ton of bricks....between her and our buddy Mike with Multiple Myeloma.....I don't know......it sucks and no one can do anything.....

I was blown away today when seeing my friend Jen this morning (one of my doc friends).....one of my soccermates/friends (and Brendan is friends with one of the boys in the family) was just diagnosed with stomach cancer. For those on facebook, she is one of 5 of us at a road race in Central Park. Jen said it is unoperable. The cancer has already hit her lymph nodes. I started crying....I know what this means. 4 young kids, nice family, her husband Jim is a very popular surgeon in Connecticut (he did my bf Kelly's surgery for her breast cancer). This hit me like a ton of bricks....between her and our buddy Mike with Multiple Myeloma.....I don't know......it sucks and no one can do anything.....

I'm so sorry to hear that Vick - that is just awful news. I know someone who lost their dad to stomach cancer and I know the stats are not good -- it's often at a late stage by the time it's diagnosed because often there are no symptoms. It's just so sad to think of the 4 young kids that will lose their mom too soon. sending you a big hug...

Thread Information