+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 1248 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast

Re: Ladies Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael
    Less chat. More cleaning and ironing...

(ducks)
    Go mow the lawn and take out the garbage.
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980
    Go mow the lawn and take out the garbage.
    Make me dinner

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Make me dinner
    LMAO if some guy said that to me I'd make it and then throw it in his face.

Quote Originally Posted by ALR83
    And after dinner...you can do the dishes and vacuum the house.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ALR83
    Oh man thats too funny

Make me dinner
    Fix the fence.
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

So when does the baseball talk get started?

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

I just had to come in here. Don't know what's up?

Reason I'm in here though is kinda like the reason I wanted my wife to check-out a certain movie from Hollywood Video for us to watch last night. I was just curious about something. The movie is called "the break-up"

Movie left me disappointed some though because all I had wanted to see in the movie ... turned out to be blurry.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Shouldn't there be naked pillow fights in here or something? Very disappointing thread.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeClemens22
    Shouldn't there be naked pillow fights in here or something? Very disappointing thread.
    “I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.”
    - Billy Martin

NYYF Triple Crown

Maybe there should be an old lady married thread!

Some of this stuff in here is lost on me.

I have always loved sports, which is kind of strange since my parents had no interest at all. I don't know where the interest came from, but it's been with me as long as I can remember.

My husband likes sports although not as much as I do, my son couldn't care less, but my daughter loves them as much as I do.

I love football, baseball and basketball. I have come to appreciate soccer since my kids both played it and my daughter still does.

One of the nice developments has been the end of the "Tom Girl". So many girls play a sport or two these days that I never really hear that term much anymore, certainly not like when I was growing up. My daughter can go from kicking butt in a game to coming home and doing her nails and hair! That is very cool.

I used to get the "test" when I'd meet a guy and the subject of sports would come up. It would start out with really easy questions like how many players on a baseball team and progress as I correctly answered question after question, until I "proved" I knew what I was talking about. I have a good mind for trivia so I usually could pass these tests with flying colors. Do you girls know what I mean?

Well I'm off to do my laundry now!

NYYF Triple Crown

My best friend used to tell me that I should talk sports less because I'd never get a boyfriend if I continued ... that no guy likes a girl who knows about sports ... funny, I always found it to be the opposite, guys like being able to hold an intelligent conversation about sports with a woman ... but maybe that's just the guys I hang out with. And it doesn't bother my husband, aside from fighting over who gets the sports page first (me!) ...

ETA: it's probably my fault the first thread got closed ... I started us down that path to destruction ... sorry ladies!

This chick digs the long ball

Released Outright

I am the sports junkie in my house. MLB then college basketball and football. I don't really care much about other pro sports but will watch an NFL game if I am bored. My husband had no interest in sports at all until just a few years ago. Now he watches the Yankees with me but nothing else. I think I would like hockey if I went to games but it is not a good tv sport so I pass on it for now. Soccer?

I must admit that I love being more knowledgable about sports than most men I know.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TinoFan84
    My best friend used to tell me that I should talk sports less because I'd never get a boyfriend if I continued ... that no guy likes a girl who knows about sports ... funny, I always found it to be the opposite, guys like being able to hold an intelligent conversation about sports with a woman ... but maybe that's just the guys I hang out with. And it doesn't bother my husband, aside from fighting over who gets the sports page first (me!) ...

ETA: it's probably my fault the first thread got closed ... I started us down that path to destruction ... sorry ladies!
    What does ETA stand for?

NYYF Triple Crown

Soccer isn't so bad-those people are tremendous athletes. The cardio fitness to run up and down that huge field. My daughter's legs are like steel and she's only nine.

I wouldn't pick it as a sport to watch over another but I've come to appreciate it.

Now if I had to pick a sport to watch it would be NFL football first.

My best friend used to tell me that I should talk sports less because I'd never get a boyfriend if I continued ... that no guy likes a girl who knows about sports ...
    I used to get a lot of bad reactions from men when they found out how into sports I was. I think some men might feel threatened because traditionally some men sometimes use sports as an escape, as an interest they enjoy separate from their significant other.
    [URL="http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/"]http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/[/URL]

I do not post on NoMaas. That silverdsl is not this silverdsl.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephsamps
    There's always one way to get men to shut up... but I don't want to go there unless we have to .
    If you don't tell me, I'll never shut up!!!
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    I am the sports junkie in my house....My husband had no interest in sports at all until just a few years ago. Now he watches the Yankees with me but nothing else ....
    That describes my household as well! This conversation took place a couple of months ago, at the end of an inning during a Yankees game:

Husband: How come we didn't see Jeter bat?

Me: He didn't come up to bat in this inning.

Husband (genuinely puzzled): But I thought they all got to bat in every inning?

Quote Originally Posted by silverdsl
    I used to get a lot of bad reactions from men when they found out how into sports I was. I think some men might feel threatened because traditionally some men sometimes use sports as an escape, as an interest they enjoy separate from their significant other.
    How about just considering that guys happen to enjoy sports? My Dad loved boxing, but Mom never liked it. I'm not too sure if it was *designed* to be a separator so much that it may simply be something different amongst the genders.

About 25 years ago, Jayne Kennedy was one of the few female sports broadcasters, as sports was typically an all-male world for broadcasting. Now we've got a slew of female broadcasters on Fox.

As to intimidation, if she knows more about sports than he does, that may bother some guys. Of course, some guys will know more about sports (including different sports) than others, so it all depends on the individual.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

And after dinner...you can do the dishes and vacuum the house.
    *puts dishes into dishwasher, calls the maid*

True, my 'girl'friends would tell me that I shouldn't showcase my baseball knowledge. My 'guy'friends think it's awesome and actually come to me to talk about baseball. But then again - they're my 'guy-friends', not my 'boyfriend' .
    I do usually know more than most - even if it isn't about the Yankees. I do love the Yankees, but I am a fan of baseball.

I wish I liked other sports but I just can't get into them. I like to play other sports but not watch them. I can get into College Basketball and hockey (but only in person).

I must admit that I love being more knowledgable about sports than most men I know.
    - I know I shouldn't take joy in it - but I love it, too

Quote Originally Posted by silverdsl
    Strangely enough, I kind of use baseball in the same way. It gives me something of my very own to enjoy, and since my husband doesn't like going to MLB games (Cape League or minors are fine), I get to go by myself or with friends.
    I find that I am regarded skeptically by many men who gather around to watch sports. I was at a function the other day, and the TV was on in the den to A's-Tigers. I was the only woman in there watching, and pretty much was ignored as the men tossed comments around (This was not a group of guys that were friends, either.) I didn't really care b/c I just wanted to see the game, but I do find that I am regarded as an oddity by a certain genre of men.
    One of the things I like so much about this site is that there are a lot of woman posters here, which tends to create a more inclusive atmosphere. Also the moderation, but that's another story.

Released Outright

Does it bother anyone else that when you go someplace public to watch a game and you say that you like a player, some guy inevitably makes a "So you think he's really hot, huh?" type of comment? I used to just ignore it but now I find myself really jumping ugly on the offender.

Does it bother anyone else that when you go someplace public to watch a game and you say that you like a player, some guy inevitably makes a "So you think he's really hot, huh?" type of comment? I used to just ignore it but now I find myself really jumping ugly on the offender.
    OMFG - don't get me started.

Other person - "What's your favorite team?"
    Me: "The Yankees"
    OP: "Oh, so Derek Jeter and/or Alex Rodriguez must be your favorite players"
    Me: <gritting my teeth> "No, butt munch - Mariano is my favorite player"

I hope 'butt munch' isn't considered against CS

Thread Information