+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 1248 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 142 182 232 632 1132 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 31176
    NYYF Legend

Re: Ladies Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Agreed. That makes it worse. I noticed tonight my son was walking like a hood.....and his much smaller friend was walking behind him laughing.....that made it worse. I need to keep my eye on him.

His teacher btw has staples in her head not stitches.
    Ever since Kindergarten, my son has made kids laugh. I think now it's catching up to him and becoming a drawback.

Are staples worse than stitches?
    How is your son with it now? Is he feeling better?
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    Ever since Kindergarten, my son has made kids laugh. I think now it's catching up to him and becoming a drawback.

Are staples worse than stitches?
    How is your son with it now? Is he feeling better?
    Yes he was much better today thanks. Yep....I can see that.....if kids think he's funny. It encourages them I swear.......

NYYF Legend

Yes he was much better today thanks. Yep....I can see that.....if kids think he's funny. It encourages them I swear.......
    Sometimes the class clowns make something of themselves in show business. I have that to look forward to maybe.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    Sometimes the class clowns make something of themselves in show business. I have that to look forward to maybe.
    Yeah, maybe he'll be on SNL or a voice on Sponge Bob or something.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, maybe he'll be on SNL or a voice on Sponge Bob or something.

Devoted Member

What happened to our LOT cocktail party? It's just me and Karen? Come on ladies.
    I was here earlier and requested a refill, but to no avail! So exactly how many girls are going on May 10th?
    Why does there have to be a Yankees-Dodgers rivalry?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by #1PaFan
    I can certainly understand a Yankee kid not wanting to join a group called "WeeBlow" however, I can also understand little Pink Sox kids excited to join.

You just never know where you are going to pop up.

Well anyway....

What are peoples plans for SB Sunday?

My MIL got out of the nursing home last week so we are finally having Christmas with my husband's family on Sunday! My husband, being the good procrastinator that he is, is doing his Christmas shopping this week. I convinced him to spend a few axtra $$ and get his sister something she really would love-she is a total Patriots nut-her basement is even devoted to the Patriots. I have talked in the past about her but just to refresh she in the one who was married to the Jets fan from Bayonne, NJ, proving that mixed marriages can in fact suceed. She is also the one who came home from work six years ago to find her husband dead-massive heart attack at age 46. SO I give her a little pass on her nuttiness because football and the Pats have gotten her through a lot. Anyway, I convinced him to buy her a framed autographed poster of a Patriot in action and he has settled on Adam Vinatieri's SB 38 game winning kick - AV stuff is really being marked down round here! I think he should get Tedy Bruschi holding a SB trophy but he likes this one better and pluw-it's a GOOD DEAL. It's $168...Bruschi is $225. She is absolutely nuts about Bruschi though and I think he should get her that one but hey-it's his family-right.

It's funny because he really doesn't like or dislike the Pats-he is actually a pretty neutral observer here, so it's funny watching him run around all over the place during his busiest time of the year looking for just the right present. I give him credit though he's really getting into it.

So that's our plan for the say, early Christmas followed by coming home for the game. I'll watch some but I won't be that interested-I think it's going to be the Colts and it won't be very dramatic.

Is anyone here hosting a party or attending one?

NYYF Legend

Nah, I really have no interest in the Super Bowl. It'll just be business as usual here.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    Nah, I really have no interest in the Super Bowl. It'll just be business as usual here.
    Do you like football?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 46andygirl
    I was here earlier and requested a refill, but to no avail! So exactly how many girls are going on May 10th?
    11....hopefully next week I'll list everyone's names and we can figure out the payment & stuff......

I'm still waiting for the mope from the Yankees ticket office to return my e-mail. I'm trying to rearrange our seats.

NYYF Triple Crown

11....hopefully next week I'll list everyone's names and we can figure out the payment & stuff......

I'm still waiting for the mope from the Yankees ticket office to return my e-mail. I'm trying to rearrange our seats.
    Oh geez-I thought the tickets were on you.

Quote Originally Posted by keg411
    Okay, I think this is the only place I can post this on here, but I got to go to one of the pre-Fashion Week runway shows today! One of my friends is doing an internship and she got me and a couple of other girls tickets and it was one of the coolest things ever (plus, my boss was nice and let me out of work early so I could go).

The stuff was really cool -- for the most part, nothing I would wear, but there were some wearable jacket/suit type outfits and the dress at the end was absolutely gorgeous. I'm not completely into fashion and all, but I watch "Project Runway" and always thought it would be cool to see a show -- and it was much fun .
    I am outstandingly jealous, although the way I've been feeling about myself lately, seeing all those extremely slender young models would probably make me cry. But seeing clothes would make me happy happy happy!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Oh, and we're staying home for the Super Bowl and baking chicken wings and I think making individual pizzas - yum.

GO BEARS!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Legend

We're going to friends for the Superbowl....I'll just be coming back from my gals ski weekend in NH......I took Monday off! woo hoo! I love the Superbowl.

Released Outright

I'm wishy-washy for SB Sunday. I accepted a party invite but I don't really know now if I want to go. It's a pretty small group and there is one couple coming that really just ruins every outing that they go to. They both drink too much and then always end up getting in to a fight. My son is good friends with theirs so we have to deal with them on some level. Ugh.

Wow, Pepper, busy Sunday, huh? I'm with you, your hubby should be going for Bruschi given that Vinatieri is now playing for the enemy, but what are you going to do?
    Probably will watch the SB off and on, but it's not going to be a big deal. I don't want to watch the Colts win. Yuck.
    We'll be doing a lot of skatying this weekend again, as well as the school Winter carnival, for which I have to bake some whoopie pies. Fun for all, I'm telling you!

Edit: Keg, that fashion show adventure sounds outstanding--I would adore doing something like that! I thought of you last night while watching Ugly Betty at Fashion Week...

NYYF Legend

Have to step in to ask you all a question. On the way to work this morning, I noticed that half the women have fingertips missing from their gloves.
    Is this a signal? A fashion statement? A circulation problem. Fingertips are the most sensitive to the cold, why lack fingertips?
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper03
    Do you like football?
    Not much. I'll watch it if it's on, but usually only my local teams. I grew up with rabid Giants fan father and brothers, and my husband is a Jets fan, so I'll watch them. But I don't go out of my way.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by wexy
    Have to step in to ask you all a question. On the way to work this morning, I noticed that half the women have fingertips missing from their gloves.
    Is this a signal? A fashion statement? A circulation problem. Fingertips are the most sensitive to the cold, why lack fingertips?
    Must be fashion, b/c it really does not make any sense to me. I agree that the fingertips are the most sensitive and once they get cold doesn't it work it's way into the rest of your hand, making the gloves completely useless ;-).
    Dawn

Speaking of football, did anybody read the article on Ted Johnson in the Globe (Or on Boston.com?) Heartbreaking.

NYYF Legend

Speaking of football did anyone see the front page of the sports section of the Hartford Courant.......Peyton Mannings brother, Cooper?! yowza!

Quote Originally Posted by wexy
    It makes it easier to do detail work with gloves on--I have some mittens that have the rag picker gloves built into them, and then the top of the mitten folds off like a hinged lid. They are awesome--when I need my fingers I can just fold off the top of th e mitten and I'll still have the ragpicker gloves on.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hildy910
    Speaking of football, did anybody read the article on Ted Johnson in the Globe (Or on Boston.com?) Heartbreaking.
    No, but I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by keg411
    Okay, I think this is the only place I can post this on here, but I got to go to one of the pre-Fashion Week runway shows today! One of my friends is doing an internship and she got me and a couple of other girls tickets and it was one of the coolest things ever (plus, my boss was nice and let me out of work early so I could go).

The stuff was really cool -- for the most part, nothing I would wear, but there were some wearable jacket/suit type outfits and the dress at the end was absolutely gorgeous. I'm not completely into fashion and all, but I watch "Project Runway" and always thought it would be cool to see a show -- and it was much fun .
    That sounds like loads of fun!! It's great you were able to go. I'm not into fashion that much, either, but I think the experience of going to a show would be great!
    Dawn

Thread Information