+ Reply to Thread
Page 1132 of 1248 FirstFirst ... 132 632 1032 1082 1122 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1142 1182 1232 ... LastLast
Results 28,276 to 28,300 of 31176

Re: Ladies Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks View Post
    What was the name? Brenna's?
    No, and I was wrong about it being in Trenton. 'Twas Mercerville: Hartmann Memorial Home. I just looked at the little card I took from the guest-book area.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I was blown away today when seeing my friend Jen this morning (one of my doc friends).....one of my soccermates/friends (and Brendan is friends with one of the boys in the family) was just diagnosed with stomach cancer. For those on facebook, she is one of 5 of us at a road race in Central Park. Jen said it is unoperable. The cancer has already hit her lymph nodes. I started crying....I know what this means. 4 young kids, nice family, her husband Jim is a very popular surgeon in Connecticut (he did my bf Kelly's surgery for her breast cancer). This hit me like a ton of bricks....between her and our buddy Mike with Multiple Myeloma.....I don't know......it sucks and no one can do anything.....

So very sad. I am so sorry.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    No, and I was wrong about it being in Trenton. 'Twas Mercerville: Hartmann Memorial Home. I just looked at the little card I took from the guest-book area.
    You were five minutes from my house! I wish I had known!
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

I was blown away today when seeing my friend Jen this morning (one of my doc friends).....one of my soccermates/friends (and Brendan is friends with one of the boys in the family) was just diagnosed with stomach cancer. For those on facebook, she is one of 5 of us at a road race in Central Park. Jen said it is unoperable. The cancer has already hit her lymph nodes. I started crying....I know what this means. 4 young kids, nice family, her husband Jim is a very popular surgeon in Connecticut (he did my bf Kelly's surgery for her breast cancer). This hit me like a ton of bricks....between her and our buddy Mike with Multiple Myeloma.....I don't know......it sucks and no one can do anything.....

Good God I don't even know what to say.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks View Post
    You were five minutes from my house! I wish I had known!
    And mine!
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Awww Vick. That sucks, I'm sorry. I hear too many cancer/illness stories lately. It makes me so sad.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

That is just heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers to her and her family.
    Dawn

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

Reminds me of when I found out that my cousin, who I was very close to, had pancreatic cancer. It really does hit you like a ton of bricks because of the feeling of no hope and of not being able to help in any way. I feel sad for your friend and her family.

28 in '12

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Ladies...I know a few of us are fans of the Stephanie Plum series. This is awful, but last night we went to the viewing of my SIL's dear friend Kathy who passed away last week-- it was at a funeral home in Trenton. I couldn't help but wonder if a version of it appeared in one of the books as one of Grandma Mazur's haunts! It was a very old-fashioned funeral home. Actually her son Bryan told us how he wanted to have a nice video slide show, etc and they told him: "We don't do that!"
    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    grandma mazur is one of the best characters in a book series. sad that you were there but that's too funny that you noticed that!
    That's funny, even though you were at a sad event.
    I can't wait for that movie to come out. I will be first in line to buy a ticket.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Vick, I don't even know what to say about your friend.

If there are no symptoms, how was she diagnosed? That's so sad.

I'm so sorry, Vick. I don't even know what to say. (((Hugs Vicki))))
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

We had a wonderful time in La Jolla and San Diego. Bummer to be back to reality!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    We had a wonderful time in La Jolla and San Diego. Bummer to be back to reality!
    Welcome back and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    wedding.jpg

Released Outright

I'm kinda hungover today. I can still hang with the best of 'em but it sure takes more out of me than it did in my early 20's.

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    How did the wedding go?

28 in '12

I somehow missed the post about your friend, Vicki. I'm so sorry!

Congratulations, Mrs. Jenn!

GR/Nicole: we should've met for a drink! I could've used one.

Anyway, ladies. Doesn't this sound scammy/pyramid scheme-y? A woman who used to work with me sent this on Facebook. What do I even say? Uch. Why me.

Subject: Thought you might be interested......

Hey Danielle,

How have you been? I just wanted to let you know that my friend showed me something that you just have to see. It's a way to save money by buying your household items online for less than what you buy in the grocery store. It works something like a Sams club or a BJs only you don't have to buy in bulk. I just started doing this myself and my stuff arrived last week. Hey, I'm gonna save wherever I can.....lol. For example, one bottle of laundry det washes 96 loads. That's = to about 3 bottles of the det you buy in your grocery store. Also, these products have no harsh chemicals like products in the stores.

And, if you choose, you can take it a step further and make some extra money by introducing this to others (you don't have to though). I already signed up to be a customer and now I made a choice in taking it that step further. Hence me letting you know about this

If your interested, we can set up a webinar w/my friend B----- (he's the one who introduced this to me) as he can give you more details on this. Think about it......all you doing it changing where you buy your stuff and saving money while you do it. What do you think?
    W-----

NYYF Legend

I don't know, Danielle. I would google the name of the company and see if it pans out or if people say it's a scam/pyramid.

Usually when someone has to "recruit" others, it's a typical pyramid thing, IMO. But if you don't have to, and can just buy products, it might be different.

NYYF Legend

Danielle, Sounds like Amway or Shaklee. Most definitely a 'catch' involved.
    Sorry I didn't know you were in the area....we could have met up! I would have enjoyed that.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Thanks for all the kind words and good thoughts on my friend.

Danielle, I guess I'm cynical but when I see stuff like that I want to run the other way. It all says, "scam" to me.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Thanks for all the kind words and good thoughts on my friend.

Danielle, I guess I'm cynical but when I see stuff like that I want to run the other way. It all says, "scam" to me.
    Ditto.
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Vick, I don't even know what to say about your friend.

If there are no symptoms, how was she diagnosed? That's so sad.
    Back in late Nov she had a persistent cough. She finally got put on prednisone. Then she had trouble swallowing, they did a cbc and her hematocrit was 25. They did further blood test and eventually a CAT. That's when they discovered the cancer. It's called gastric adenocarcinoma. Right now she's going through chemo to shrink the tumor but it's not encapsulated which is bad (that means its spread). The survival rate is about 35% but usually this happens in people much, much older so they are hoping since she's young (46) and in good shape, maybe there is hope. If she does survive, they will have to remove the stomach at some point. From what I know and what I've heard, her chances of survival are quite slim.

The irony.....her husband is a GI Cancer surgeon/doc and he can't do anything to save her. He's about the nicest guy you've ever met. Just back from working in Iraq - helping injured soldiers. They have 4 young kids...ages 4-14. She's a fighter and she's very positive, hope that helps too.

I did hear today from my SIL that she was a pretty heavy smoker for about 20 years or so, maybe even more (before she moved to CT). That made my heart sink too. One of the risk factors in this type of cancer is smoking.

Life...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    Ditto.

You're too young to be cynical, Lindie.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

You're too young to be cynical, Lindie.
    I tried the whole 'giving everyone and everything the benefit of the doubt' thing but it didn't work out too well.
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

NYYF Legend

That's awful, Vick, and so scary because it's something you can have and not even know it for so long. I really hope she can pull through, even though the prognosis isn't so positive.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    I tried the whole 'giving everyone and everything the benefit of the doubt' thing but it didn't work out too well.

Thread Information