+ Reply to Thread
Page 1071 of 1248 FirstFirst ... 71 571 971 1021 1061 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1081 1121 1171 ... LastLast
Results 26,751 to 26,775 of 31176

Re: Ladies Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle
    How dumb is that...hope it all works out, Karen.

Just to say I did it, I'm posting from my hair salon. LOL. Fawn is running late...maybe I'll update again later while I'm in foils. I like the new touchscreen interface I can use w my Incredible, but I don't think it has smiles. Maybe that's on purpose. Ha ha ha!
    Maybe JDP helped design it?

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    They initially said they were doing that here for middle school graduation since the new school's auditorium is pretty big but people were outraged over the limits so they moved it back to the Paramount where they've always had it in the past. I know the HS has it at the school and there is a tent set up but I have no idea how it's handled.
    That humongous new middle school can't handle enough people for a graduation? I didn't know they do the graduation at the Paramount. That's pretty cool.

Problem solved for tonight. Nick is going to hang out at his friend's house till we get back. He wasn't overjoyed about coming anyway. Her regular high school graduation he will come to, though. We get 5 tickets for that.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    That humongous new middle school can't handle enough people for a graduation? I didn't know they do the graduation at the Paramount. That's pretty cool.

Problem solved for tonight. Nick is going to hang out at his friend's house till we get back. He wasn't overjoyed about coming anyway. Her regular high school graduation he will come to, though. We get 5 tickets for that.
    Good deal. I have to check with my sister on the dealio for my niece's - I think we can all go because they have it at the stadium at Hofstra. I don't know what they do if it rains, though. I know we all went to my big niece's - there were about 7-8 of us.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by allybear
    I didn't know that either - very cool, Linda!

Glad you got your keys working again, Vicki. Hey, when your "v" wasn't working, did that make you just Icki?

It's nice I'm 12, isn't it?

NYYF Legend

How are people expected to attend a graduation ceremony and not bring a sibling of the graduate?

Now that the BOCES graduation is definitely going to be inside, they are limiting people to 2 guests per graduate. So, what am I supposed to do? Leave Nicky home??
    Does he want go? I wonder if my kids will....I'm not sure. I doubt we will get 5 tickets anyway so it prob won't even happen.

Same thing here though....people tend to have big families so they limit the tickets to a couple per family.

edit: nvm....I just read your post that he wasn't thrilled about going tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by allybear
    Good deal. I have to check with my sister on the dealio for my niece's - I think we can all go because they have it at the stadium at Hofstra. I don't know what they do if it rains, though. I know we all went to my big niece's - there were about 7-8 of us.
    If it rained for Sarah's graduation, I would have been limited to 2 tickets. If the weather is good though, they do it on the football field, so seating is unlimited.

Melanie will have her graduation at Hofstra as well, and I think we can have as many as we'd like.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Is Jeanne around?

I'm wondering if it's the keratin straightening she had done...my salon is offering it now and Fawn recommended that I come in for a consultation. It sounds appealing, but when I googled the first thing that came up was a horror story on oprah.com. Which made me think of Jeanne...

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle
    Is Jeanne around?

I'm wondering if it's the keratin straightening she had done...my salon is offering it now and Fawn recommended that I come in for a consultation. It sounds appealing, but when I googled the first thing that came up was a horror story on oprah.com. Which made me think of Jeanne...
    She hasn't been around here the past few days.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

I have some steaks here. Do one of you Wenches want to come here and cook them for my friends and me?

Quote Originally Posted by #1PaFan
    I have some steaks here. Do one of you Wenches want to come here and cook them for my friends and me?
    Don't hold your breath.
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980
    She hasn't been around here the past few days.
    She's ok.....busy at work and dealing with all the injuries that have happened of late.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by #1PaFan
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!!! HELL FREEZES OVER!!!!!!!

Does that answer your question, Georgie?

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!!! HELL FREEZES OVER!!!!!!!

Does that answer your question, Georgie?
    I was wondering why a pig flew over my bus stop today.

NYYF Legend

I don't know, ladies...I'm having some pretty awful cramps right now.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    I don't know, ladies...I'm having some pretty awful cramps right now.

That sucks. Did you take ibuprofen, Trish? Maybe you should call the office and see if that's normal for the first time?

Go ahead kill me....got my period yesterday and it's pretty much gone today.

I got other issues so don't feel too happy for me in that area......

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    That sucks. Did you take ibuprofen, Trish? Maybe you should call the office and see if that's normal for the first time?

Go ahead kill me....got my period yesterday and it's pretty much gone today.

I got other issues so don't feel too happy for me in that area......
    I did take one of my heavy duty motrin 800s, and it's subsiding.

He told me I could have a couple of my "normal" periods before we know how this will affect me. I have to say, it's definitely different. Normally by this time I'd be pretty much housebound and soaking through, etc. So I think there will be a difference.

And yeah, I'd rather have my heavy periods then deal with what you deal with, that's for dayum sure!
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

I did take one of my heavy duty motrin 800s, and it's subsiding.

He told me I could have a couple of my "normal" periods before we know how this will affect me. I have to say, it's definitely different. Normally by this time I'd be pretty much housebound and soaking through, etc. So I think there will be a difference.

And yeah, I'd rather have my heavy periods then deal with what you deal with, that's for dayum sure!

I hope that is what is happening - a couple 'normal' and then clear sailing...
    It's good that you can already tell a difference

I have just about had it with my hair.
    I have been growing it longer and as much as I love to throw it up in a ponytail that is not a stub it looks like ................ when it's down. It's just so fine and thin... I think it's time to chop it off... I want thicker hair - ugh.
    Dawn

Oh noes Trish, but it sounds a little better than it used to, so I guess that's something. Hopefully things will continue to improve - maybe you'll only have the bad cramps at the beginning? That would work.

OK ladies...serious question, especially for the moms out there.

I happened to comment on something my 17-year-old niece said on FB the other day. This is my sister's daughter, who's graduating high school in 2 weeks, always been a good student, getting a full scholarship to college, etc., etc., etc. Also, she has suffered from depression basically her whole life and was pretty withdrawn until high school, but she's come out of that and has a circle of friends and is pretty popular now. OK...well, I commented on something, someone commented back and I was notified, and it got me curious, so I read what's on her page - I don't know her password, I just read what's out there. And it seems she has been skipping school for pretty much the last month - I'm not sure exactly what she does when she's not in school, although her kind-of-boyfriend hosted Senior Skip Day at his house and told everyone it was BYOB.

Question: do I tell my sister about this? She would have an flipping stroke on the spot, mainly because she did about that her entire senior year of high school and ended up having to drop out and get a GED because she was going to have to repeat a year. All she has said her whole life is she doesn't want to see the girls do the same things me and her did.

On the one hand, I am concerned about what TF she is doing when she's not in school - I didn't see that mentioned anywhere, I know hanging out with Ryan, but hanging out with Ryan doing what? He's a nice kid, but he has a super dysfunctional family and his brother has drug problems, so if they wanted to experiment, Ryan wouldn't have to go far to get whatever. On the other hand, Kim is doing really well in school, she's lived 17 and a half years with the constant pressure that my sister put on both girls, I'm sure missing the month of June isn't going to affect anything with her scholarship or anything like that, she'll probably still even graduate with honors because her average has been above 100 so many times. And come September, she'll be away in school and no one's going to know what she's up to.

So...I have no hard evidence of anything except that she doesn't go to school on school days. I found that out by looking at her facebook. Do I tell my sister or not?

Released Outright

Since it's public and no trusts are being betrayed, I'd tell your sister without batting an eye. I think I'd ask her to look for herself though and try to avoid being the bad guy if that's possible.

NYYF Legend

That's a tough one.

I always said, I'd have been a lot less hard on Sarah if she'd been doing well in school and with her relationships. We all partied, and God knows I cut most of high school year. I survived and graduated and got into colleges.

Anyway, I'm sure your sister is aware of it since the schools always contact the parents when they aren't attending. Also, it's only exams from here on in. Classes are over. I'm not sure if I'd cause a ................storm over it.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

Ally, even though your niece has scholarships, I can't see how it won't affect her grades to skip a whole month of classes. In our district, 3 tardies add up to an absent and 10 absents in a half year class, or 20 in a full year class is an automatic denial of credit for the class.

I don't know if they do anything like that in her school, but she has to be missing tests and assignments. Usually there are big essays or projects at the end of the year as well. I guess if her grades are good, and she can pass the finals, she'll probably be ok. But in our HS, missing that much school would definitely put a kid at risk for getting a zero for the class(es) missed.

NYYF Legend

That's a tough one.

I always said, I'd have been a lot less hard on Sarah if she'd been doing well in school and with her relationships. We all partied, and God knows I cut most of high school year. I survived and graduated and got into colleges.

Anyway, I'm sure your sister is aware of it since the schools always contact the parents when they aren't attending. Also, it's only exams from here on in. Classes are over. I'm not sure if I'd cause a ................storm over it.
    We get automated phone calls when the kid misses class, but if the kid intercepts phonecalls, since she is not at school during the day, the sister may not have gotten the calls.

Also, school is winding down now, but was in session the past month she was missing classes, so that has to amount to something.

Thanks guys! I knew I could count on you.

I think I'm going to leave things be - it's two weeks till school is over, and then Gillian can wonder how Kim's going to entertain herself all summer - she was teaching at the dance school but she won't be doing that, so I guess she'll have to find some other kind of job till September. At least I know Ryan has a job, so they won't be hanging around together doing nothing all day.

If anything, I may mention something to my sister about does she still look at the girls' facebook and see what she says. We're shopping together Saturday (for Kim's graduation party, actually), and there should be prom pics up by then (prom is tonight and then a bunch of the kids are all going camping for the weekend), so it might be a good lead-in. It's quite possible she does know - I think she's letting Kim skip tomorrow to go camping, so anything's possible.

NYYF Legend

We get automated phone calls when the kid misses class, but if the kid intercepts phonecalls, since she is not at school during the day, the sister may not have gotten the calls.

Also, school is winding down now, but was in session the past month she was missing classes, so that has to amount to something.
    I can only imagine that if she was missing that much school, she would have been given detentions and that sort of thing, and after a certain amount a parent is contacted. At least that's how it's done in our high school, and this one is in the same county. I figure they must have something in place like our school district does that alerts parents. Most also have online notifications that the parents can check.

I don't know if this is the case, but in my situation I was contacted personally by the school when my daughter had excessive cuts and was in jeopardy of failing.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Thread Information