MO IS THE MAN !!! YanksFanTillDeath's Avatar

Funky Call Mussina

Addicted Member

Re: Arod Stays !!!

&$%# yeah!!

I wish i could say I told you so to a million people on this forum

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

What would Cashman say? "Yes we are looking into trading Alex for whatever we can get for him".
    Life is good!

Just like they were prepared to go with Bubba Crosby in CF and that they were not trading for Abreu

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    What would Cashman say? "Yes we are looking into trading Alex for whatever we can get for him".
    "We will listen to any offers that will help us improve our team, including Mr. Rodriguez"

NYYF Triple Crown

I agree with keeping Alex around. No one is going to offer any competitive trade packages. Hopefully he and Torre can make amends. He needs to put this season behind him and come back strong next season. Besides, how much worse can things get?

Forum Regular

While I"m excited to hear this, I am also very surprised. I personally thought it was Torre or A-rod. But I still am going to wait because anything can happen from here to next April.
    [B]“Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.”[/B]

NYYF Legend

I will believe AROD will be on the 2007 Yankees after the team breaks spring training.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    "We will listen to any offers that will help us improve our team, including Mr. Rodriguez"
    even saying that much would reduce his trade value. Even more so, if no trade proposal comes that the Yanks would do, Alex would know that the Yanks were trying to unload him. What he said in this article is exactly what he said Saturday and he would say that whether he is or is not looking to trade him. He would be an idiot if he did otherwise.
    Life is good!

This means nothing. Perhaps Cashman truly does want Arod to stay. Its a possibility. But, even if he did want to trade him he could never say so. Because what if he did want to trade him but then never found a deal to act upon. Now you're stuck with a guy that knows the GM doesn't even want him there. All it would do is further screw up Arod's poor, fragile state of mind.
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

I hope Torre, Jeter and Rodriguez just get together and work this stuff out if he's really staying.
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Taylor
    Just like they were prepared to go with Bubba Crosby in CF and that they were not trading for Abreu
    Ditto. People can believe PR statements to the press like this and the Bubba one if they want. I'll believe Alex will be on the Yankees actually when the season breaks next year if he's still here.
    Life is good!

Forum Regular

even saying that much would reduce his trade value. Even more so, if no trade proposal comes that the Yanks would do, Alex would know that the Yanks were trying to unload him. What he said in this article is exactly what he said Saturday and he would say that whether he is or is not looking to trade him. He would be an idiot if he did otherwise.
    How so?
    [B]“Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.”[/B]

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

Thank you for making my day! Looking forward to seeing Alex in pinstripes again next year!
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

NYYF Legend

That's my boy!

Forum Regular

Cashman has to say this.

By saying he has not intention of dealing Arod, and that other teams have shown interest, it would only increase Arod's value. Like others have said, if he comes out and says he's exploring a trade, it would only decrease the value the Yankees get in return.

I keep hearing how A-Rod would be a perfect fit here, a perfect fit there, but nothing with respect to what those respective teams would give up. Jim Rome says he should go to the Padres. FOR WHOM?!!! I'll wager that A-Rod is available in the right deal but they are just going to GIVE him away. I can't think of many players I'd take for him - unless it was something like A-Rod, Matsui, and Phillips for Pujols and Rolen.

NO ONE is untouchable. Ever.

Some players are shopped, other it would take a "knock your socks off" offer to move. But no one is ever untouchable.
    Don't look down here.

I'll be really dissapointed in Cashman if Arod isn't in pinstripes come Spring Training. We aren't getting jake peavy or johan santana or jesus himself, so there is no reason to trade Arod.

Quote Originally Posted by No. 13
    How so?
    Other teams will know the Yanks are trying to unload him. But the second part of my statement is the more pertinent issue. I can't think of too many GMs that publically stated that they are looking to trade a player unless they were a problem (i.e. Manny in Boston).
    Life is good!

How so?
    because if other teams know that he's available, they wouldnt have to be so aggressive to try to obtain him. if other teams are told he isnt available, but still want him, they might feel tempted to sweeten the pot for NY
    [/FONT]

Ace of the Staff JeterRodriguezSheff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    This means nothing. Cashman also said he was content going into the season with Bubba Crosby at centerfielder. He is trying to get as much leverage as possible, which is the smart thing to do.

NYYF Cy Young

We ain't gonna win anything with this bunch that's for sure. Its time to clean house.

Forum Regular

How so?
    Because it would give off the sense that Cashman wants to get rid of Arod, which wouldn't put him at a position of strength in trade negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by cmaff05
    I'll be really dissapointed in Cashman if Arod isn't in pinstripes come Spring Training. We aren't getting jake peavy or johan santana or jesus himself, so there is no reason to trade Arod.
    That is not the point. Arod can still bring great return and also by dealing him, you get rid of all his baggage that is nothing but negativity in the clubhouse. As crazy as it may sound, and I know I'll get bashed, his numbers aren't as valuable to the team as they appear on a stat sheet because every mistake he makes is made into a glaring one and all it does is bring negative BS to the team.
    [/FONT]

Thread Information