+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF MVP

I am sick of hearing about the Yankees!

You know for a team that everyone loves to hate there is a lot of media coverage for a team that is no longer playing.

I read today's Post and there were like think 6 articles on the Yankees, torre, ect. The JV team in NY that starts the JVCS (aka NLCS) on Wednesday had 2 stories.

On NESN 2 (aka ESPN) the lead story was "Will Joe be fired". The VLC (aka ALCS) starts later tonight and the Yankees still get more press.

I know every writer loves to kill the Yankees, but without the Yankees it seems they have nothing to write about. How many articles have you read describing how to fix the Yankees? Where are the articles how to fix the Padres, Dodgers, or Twins. What about the red or white sox. They underacheived this year, you do not hear about what they need to do, or about their manager getting fired. And if a manger needs to be fired it is Gullen.

People think that Yankee fans have this complex that we are better than all the other fans, well all the media does is talk, write about our team even when the season is over. No wonder Yankee fans have this reputation.

On a side note: I actually love all this coverage.
    Statistics are a lot like bikinis, they show a lot, but not everything
    "God help the rest of baseball." - GM Brian Cashman

Re: I am sick of hearing about the Yankees!

quite frankly, the media stinks. (pun intended)

I'd be pissed if I were a tigers fan! They had the 3rd best team in the league and had the best pitching. Why is it such a huge upset?! The yanks ran into a buzzsaw, plain and simple. payroll doesn't mean squat if the players don't perform...which is what happened to the other teams in the playoffs that got beat, but it's ok for them.

NYYF Legend

When you have a manager for 11 seasons, you have a lot of media who probably wouldn't mind seeing him go.
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

Same reason why it's TO all the time in football and ND hype-a-mania in the college f'ball.

The sports world needs us.
    Don't look down here.

The Yankees bring it on themselves. Their post season is regarded by the Boss differently than every other team. Other teams can admit being beat by a good team. Those teams while disappointed that they didn't win don't characterize their seasons as "sad failure". When the Boss publically uses "said failure" to describe the NYY season then all the how do you fix it articles are a natural outgrowth.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheBamTino24
    When you have a manager for 11 seasons, you have a lot of media who probably wouldn't mind seeing him go.
    Yet, hardly ever questioned any of his decisions until now..

I want him gone too, but for journalists who have until this point given him a free pass they are certainly piling it all on at once.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

I actually kind of feel bad for the Mets. They make to the championship series and they are STILL overshadowed by the Yankees.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by icepick3383
    quite frankly, the media stinks. (pun intended)

I'd be pissed if I were a tigers fan! They had the 3rd best team in the league and had the best pitching. Why is it such a huge upset?! The yanks ran into a buzzsaw, plain and simple. payroll doesn't mean squat if the players don't perform...which is what happened to the other teams in the playoffs that got beat, but it's ok for them.
    Some Tigers aren't happy:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...ff-notes_x.htm

Tigers want your admiration

OAKLAND — The Detroit Tigers want to know what they have to do gain a little respect.

They won 95 games during the regular season, knocked off the New York Yankees in the division series, are opening the American League Championship Series Tuesday (8:19 ET) against the Oakland A's but still are waiting for a little respect.

"We beat the Yankees, but instead of giving us credit, all we're hearing is how the Yankees blew up," Tigers closer Todd Jones says. "Now all of the national media is talking about is the Mets and how they'll win the World Series.

"This team hasn't gotten any credit all year. Nobody thinks we'll do anything again." "

Definitely seeing a lot more Yankees in the news and TV, than the Tigers, but its hardly surprising.

The media is just salivating to be the first to get the scoop on Torre's firing or Arod being traded.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ

OAKLAND — The Detroit Tigers want to know what they have to do gain a little respect.

They won 95 games during the regular season, knocked off the New York Yankees in the division series, are opening the American League Championship Series Tuesday (8:19 ET) against the Oakland A's but still are waiting for a little respect.

"We beat the Yankees, but instead of giving us credit, all we're hearing is how the Yankees blew up," Tigers closer Todd Jones says. "Now all of the national media is talking about is the Mets and how they'll win the World Series.

"This team hasn't gotten any credit all year. Nobody thinks we'll do anything again." "

Definitely seeing a lot more Yankees in the news and TV, than the Tigers, but its hardly surprising.

The media is just salivating to be the first to get the scoop on Torre's firing or Arod being traded.
    I think that it would help if they won the ws.

When will the baseball world learn there are the Yankees and then there is everyone else? We are number one in money and number one in America's hearts. If the Mets ran their organization as well as us maybe someone would care if they won or not.

Quote Originally Posted by yanksrule69
    Yet, hardly ever questioned any of his decisions until now..

I want him gone too, but for journalists who have until this point given him a free pass they are certainly piling it all on at once.
    Journalists giving him a free pass up unitl now? Where do you come up with this stuff? Do you remember this time last year, the year before that and the year before that? Torre is always going through this stuff... free pass? Torre gets ridiculed just as much as anyone - always has and always will...
    RUDY '08!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingBillyMartin
    When will the baseball world learn there are the Yankees and then there is everyone else? We are number one in money and number one in America's hearts. If the Mets ran their organization as well as us maybe someone would care if they won or not.
    Number one in American's hearts? Maybe. But I'd wager that the number of Yankee haters outnumbers those who love the Yankees.

No doubt they are by far the most consequential team in the sport.

NYYF Triple Crown

It's the basest, lowest form of human nature to knock off someone who is on the top of the heap. The media is having a field day knocking Joe Torre, Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter off the top of the mountain. People quite enjoy seeing others suffer, especially when they have been successful. Sad, but true.

Derek and Joe have done the right thing in remaining silent. You keep your mouth shut and stand still when the wolves are circling you.

The Tigers don't get the respect because everyone doubts that they will be WS champs. If Kenny Rogers pitches like he did against the Yankees, I'd be surprised. My prediction: Kenny Rogers will go back to being Kenny Rogers. The ALDS was the Tigers' World Series. Why? Because they beat the Yankees. That's why.

Dee
    “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible."

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search." Prince

NYYF MVP

[quote=jgibson24]Number one in American's hearts? Maybe. But I'd wager that the number of Yankee haters outnumbers those who love the Yankees.
    I'll bet thet the Yankees have more fans than any other single team in baseball!
    Jealosy is the biggest cause for hatred.

Todd Jones, maybe if you weren't such a bad closer this year we'd give you some respect.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BHawe
    Journalists giving him a free pass up unitl now? Where do you come up with this stuff? Do you remember this time last year, the year before that and the year before that? Torre is always going through this stuff... free pass? Torre gets ridiculed just as much as anyone - always has and always will...
    He gets ridiculed by some fans but not so much in the press.

Reporting that they think this will be the year (each year the Yankees lose in the PS or go through a slump) Steinbrenner finally loses it and fires him isn't ridiculing Joe Torre.

There have been numerous questionable moves Torre has made in his tenure here that he has never been questioned about or second guessed in the media. The fire Torre train is out of control because it's all coming to a head.

Now that's he's staying I hope the media continues to question him. Maybe it will make him think twice about some of his sometimes outrageous managing.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee
    I actually kind of feel bad for the Mets. They make to the championship series and they are STILL overshadowed by the Yankees.
    You wouldn't feel bad for them if you saw they whooping it up when we lost Sat.

NYYF Legend

Todd Jones= waaaaaa! waaaaaa!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanknut023
    You know for a team that everyone loves to hate there is a lot of media coverage for a team that is no longer playing.

I read today's Post and there were like think 6 articles on the Yankees, torre, ect. The JV team in NY that starts the JVCS (aka NLCS) on Wednesday had 2 stories.

On NESN 2 (aka ESPN) the lead story was "Will Joe be fired". The VLC (aka ALCS) starts later tonight and the Yankees still get more press.

I know every writer loves to kill the Yankees, but without the Yankees it seems they have nothing to write about. How many articles have you read describing how to fix the Yankees? Where are the articles how to fix the Padres, Dodgers, or Twins. What about the red or white sox. They underacheived this year, you do not hear about what they need to do, or about their manager getting fired. And if a manger needs to be fired it is Gullen.

People think that Yankee fans have this complex that we are better than all the other fans, well all the media does is talk, write about our team even when the season is over. No wonder Yankee fans have this reputation.

On a side note: I actually love all this coverage.
    I love it! The NEWS will devote all their coverage to the Yankees and then Lupica will write that "it's a Mets town" showing just how stupid he is.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    You wouldn't feel bad for them if you saw they whooping it up when we lost Sat.
    The Mets were whooping it up?
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Four bucks and two underground trains away from my Bleacher seat

I didn't hear anything about that.

If they did, in fact, indulge in any whoopage, I could excuse it because they probably would have felt that their chances to win the WS had just improved with the departure of the AL favorites.

Four bucks and two underground trains away from my Bleacher seat

Oh, and the Tigers have my respect, even if they don't get past Oakland.

They won 95 games in, arguably, the toughest division in baseball, and despite their coasting/collapse in September, they were a fired up, energetic team in the ALDS.

I don't know if Rogers can keep it up through another start, much less long term. But they have some young pitchers with talent and apparently some cojones to go with it.

I booked a flight at 3 a.m. Saturday and flew to Detroit just in time to attend the final game. So I can tell you first-hand that their crowd was similarly fired up and energetic, hoping to raise the very old ghosts of what was once a great sports town.

Because they were so bad so recently, and because of their late-season cratering, I thought they were soft. I now think I was wrong.

NYYF Legend

I just love being a Yankee fan............More reading material for the off season...........not to mention a lot of laughs.........
    If you understand,
    things are just as they are;
    If you do not understand,
    things are just as they are.
    Zen proverb

Calendar of Updates
    www.calendarofupdates.com

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    I love it! The NEWS will devote all their coverage to the Yankees and then Lupica will write that "it's a Mets town" showing just how stupid he is.
    Yeah, it's a Mets town...That's why the Yankees draw a million more fans than they do. Puhleeze!

NYYF Legend

Hell yeah. They had a big celebration as we were going down the toilet Sat. It pissed me off so I'm not rooting for them anymore.

Thread Information