+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

NYYF Triple Crown

What's up with giambi's wrist?

On MLB gameday i saw he left the game due to injured hand/wrist. What's up with that? Further details will be appreciated.

Re: What's up with giambi's wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by genius-24
    On MLB gameday i saw he left the game due to injured hand/wrist. What's up with that? Further details will be appreciated.
    Its feeling inflamed.. after yesterday.

He's day to day.. prolly a few games at least. If I were him, I'd fly back to NYC now to get a head start on the treatment.
    [SIZE=1]September 20, 2006 - NY Yankees AL East champions[/SIZE][SIZE=1][URL="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060913&content_id=1661142&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy"][/URL]
    [/SIZE]

Do we really need another thread when we can discuss it in the injury thread?
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    you could say the same thing about any Pavano thread.. but having said that I'd bet this gets merged.
    [SIZE=1]September 20, 2006 - NY Yankees AL East champions[/SIZE][SIZE=1][URL="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060913&content_id=1661142&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy"][/URL]
    [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    Starting here ...

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.p...postcount=1575

Also, you can read about it here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Wrist watch: Jason Giambi's sore left wrist has become an issue again, as he left Tuesday night's game in the fifth inning due to the injury.

Before the game, Giambi said that he talked last weekend with team physician Dr. Stuart Hershon about the possibility of getting another cortisone injection in his wrist, which would be his third this month.

Giambi said that his wrist felt like "a 3 out of 10" before he received the shots, improving to an 8 or 9 following the injections. Tuesday, he said it had deteriorated to a 7 on that scale.

"I'm just going to keep getting treatment, and after we clinch, maybe I'll get some rest," Giambi said. "If it gets [worse], I'll shoot it again."

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishYanqui
    Its feeling inflamed.. after yesterday.

He's day to day.. prolly a few games at least. If I were him, I'd fly back to NYC now to get a head start on the treatment.
    ty

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Why is everyone waiting til they "clinch" to rest? The division is in the friggin' bag...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    Why is everyone waiting til they "clinch" to rest? The division is in the friggin' bag...
    Well, I'm sure Giambi will rest starting tomorrow. But Torre said (and I agree) that it was important to make a statement in Toronto after the losses vs. the Sox. And they have.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz
    Well, I'm sure Giambi will rest starting tomorrow. But Torre said (and I agree) that it was important to make a statement in Toronto after the losses vs. the Sox. And they have.
    Why didn't Joe think it was important to win the games vs the Sox?

Why didn't Joe think it was important to win the games vs the Sox?
    4 games in 2 days. He just wanted the games off the roster, and play hard on subsequent days, pretty much.
    [/SIZE]

Any chance Sheff starts at 1st tomorrow?
    Joba the Chamberlain

I'm REALLY worried...I don't think he will be himself in the playoffs but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Good thing we have Sheff on his way back

Quote Originally Posted by Giambi
    "I'm just going to keep getting treatment, and after we clinch, maybe I'll get some rest," Giambi said. "If it gets [worse], I'll shoot it again."
    This is a man without any fear of needles.
    [/SIZE]

This is a man without any fear of needles.
    Cool...

Cool...
    Hey.. I Giambi, but I don't think he's a stranger to a syringe
    [/SIZE]

Hey.. I Giambi, but I don't think he's a stranger to a syringe
    I'm glad you said it, not me, though in point of fact I might have been thinking it. In any case, get him back to NY tonight or tomorrow and get the damn shot. You need a couple of days after the shot before the benefits are realized. By that time, we're looking at Monday, which gives him not much time to get his swing in shape. I'm starting to get really worried about Jason in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker101
    I'm glad you said it, not me, though in point of fact I might have been thinking it. In any case, get him back to NY tonight or tomorrow and get the damn shot. You need a couple of days after the shot before the benefits are realized. By that time, we're looking at Monday, which gives him not much time to get his swing in shape. I'm starting to get really worried about Jason in the playoffs.
    His timing is fine. The muscles aren't supporting what he wants to do with his wrist.

The smallest problem the Yankees have is competent Left handed batting, even slugging.
    [/SIZE]

What's up with giambi's wrist?

Susan said in her clubhouse report tonight that Torre is going to keep Giambi out for a couple of days. When the
    Yankees clinch the division, Sheffield will play first base and they will see how he does at first base.

Just thought I would tell the latest news.

Quote Originally Posted by berriYankee
    Susan said in her clubhouse report tonight that Torre is going to keep Giambi out for a couple of days. When the
    Yankees clinch the division, Sheffield will play first base and they will see how he does at first base.

Just thought I would tell the latest news.

At least we get to see Sheff be a magician with the glove or a butcher with everything wrapped up...not such a bad proposition.

Torre should probably sit Giambi until the last four days of the season so he can at least feel better and get those days to get the swing back in order before the playoffs.

Thread Information