+ Reply to Thread

Just in time for the Ryder Cup...

VIRGINIA WATER, England (AP) -- Unbeatable for two months, Tiger Woods' winning streak came to a swift and sudden conclusion Thursday when Shaun Micheel knocked him out in the first round of the World Match Play Championship.
    Woods had a 15-foot birdie putt on the 15th hole to keep alive his slim hopes, but he removed his cap and walked over to shake hands with Micheel as the ball was still rolling left of the cup. The score was 4 and 3, matching Woods' worst loss in match play.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...v=ap&type=lgns

Is Tiger tuning up for another Ryder Cup meltdown? I don't understand the huge difference between the PGA Tour Tiger and the Ryder Cup Pussy Cat. Strange.

Let's hope he regroups quickly... maybe it was just a clever ploy.
    Thanks for the memories, George. You made the Yankees what they are today... Champions!

NYYF MVP

Re: Just in time for the Ryder Cup...

Tiger's actually pretty good in match play, albeit when he's not in the Ryder Cup...he won the WGC in 03 and 04, and then he's got those 3 straight Amateur Championships.

Sorry to see him get trounced this early in the 06 WGC...who knows, maybe he's just worn out and needs to rest a little.

I really think it's just one of those fluke things that causes Tiger to win less at the Ryder Cup. I don't think it has anything to do with pressure, obviously, and he's clearly better than the guys he's playing, so I think it's just one of those things.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Never mind, I'm sure the US will win the Ryder Cup one of these days.

Thread Information