+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

In case anyone is wondering where I've been...

I think there are at least a few of you out there who have wondered about my dissapearance.

Well to just to give u a rundown.....I've been sick as all hell the past 2 weeks. Started as a fever, sore throat, cough thing over Labor Day weekend. Got worse, went to doctor last Tuesday. I figured I had strep since that was going around at my job....but my doc said I didnt, since I didnt tested positive for the strep and that I just had a virus that would take a few days to fight off.

However Thursday I woke up with a real elevated fever, like 104 and I had a very rapid heartbeat. Went to the ER, they said I had strep....and gave me penicillin for it as well as put me on a strict schedule of taking Motrin and Tylenol to combat the fever. They said the high fever caused the heartbeat. So I did start to feel a little bit better late Friday and Saturday....as the fever was gone and I think the strep was on its way out. Cough was still there but it wasnt terrible. However I started to feel real ................ty again on Sunday. Real dizzy, light-headed, no energy and my cough was getting worse. Woke up Monday and could barely get out of bed. Coughing like crazy, chest pains, trouble breathing. So went back to my doc and it now turns out I have pneumonia.

So yeah thats where I stand now. Still not feeling much better yet but they have me taking stuff for the pneumonia. Its just terrible. No energy for like 2 weeks now, doing nothing but lying on the couch or in bed. Hardly eaten anything lately....except chicken broth, jello and ice cream. I think Ive lost about 15 pounds if not more.

Anyways I figured I'd pop on for a second tonight just to let you know where Ive been. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get better soon.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Re: In case anyone is wondering where I've been...

That sounds terrible. Get better Mike, the GTs aren't the same without you.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

NYYF Legend

Wow. Just take it easy; one day at a time...
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

We should have a forum DL.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

I hope you feel better!!!!
    [

NYYF Legend

It's too bad the first test was a false negative. Was it one of those rapid ones? I don't always trust those.

Well, I hope you'll be feeling better soon. Pneumonia is a tough one to kick. Make sure you're really cured before you try to get back to your normal routine so that you don't relapse.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

I had noticed you've been unusually absent for awhile - especially in the GT's. Hopefully, the new meds will bang this crud out of your system by week's end so you can be back in the GT for the Red Sox series!

NYYF Legend

Sorry you're feeling so awful. I had pneumonia once and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Hope you'll be back to yourself soon.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    We should have a forum DL.
    I agree!

Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you're feeling better soon.

NYYF Legend

I hope you get better real soon man! Hurry back.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

I was actually just about to send you a PM, been wondering like crazy where you went.

Now that I know I dont feel any better knowing what you are going through, I will truly keep my fingers crossed that you make a speedy recovery, bro.

Take Care!

Sorry to hear dude. I was waiting for you to update your sig line with Hughes' latest masterpiece. Get well soon.

NYYF Legend

I had some wierd virus like that in March where they couldn't find anything and I was hospitalized for five days. I was so dehydrated that I was on an i.v. for four of them. I was on the same liquid stuff

It sapped the hell out of my strength for a month. I went to the gym, I could hardly lift my normal stuff. My strength and energy did come back. It just took time.

Hope you feeling back to you old self soon. Its frustrating but hang in there.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Sorry to hear that. Make sure you rest! Feel better!
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Get well soon.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Wow...that sucks. I truly hope that you feel better soon!

The GT has been way too positive!
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

Yikes! I hope you get better fast! At least you know what it is now....

Feel better!

NYYF Legend

Get your rest, drink fluids, and don't try to "function" too soon! At least you can lie around watching a lovely Yankees September!
    "Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

It's dangerous when an adult gets a fever as high as you had! Take good care of yourself and welcome back. Make sure you take all the medicines the doctors have given you until they are gone. Don't stop taking them even if you are feeling better - that is important!
    Love my Red Sox Fan

one of the few nyy fans in az yankeesfaninaz's Avatar
    Scottsdale, AZ (originally from Queens, NY)

hang in there and get well soon.
    My name is Tracy and I am a female

I hope you feel better soon! Rest up.

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    I think there are at least a few of you out there who have wondered about my dissapearance.

Well to just to give u a rundown.....I've been sick as all hell the past 2 weeks. Started as a fever, sore throat, cough thing over Labor Day weekend. Got worse, went to doctor last Tuesday. I figured I had strep since that was going around at my job....but my doc said I didnt, since I didnt tested positive for the strep and that I just had a virus that would take a few days to fight off.

However Thursday I woke up with a real elevated fever, like 104 and I had a very rapid heartbeat. Went to the ER, they said I had strep....and gave me penicillin for it as well as put me on a strict schedule of taking Motrin and Tylenol to combat the fever. They said the high fever caused the heartbeat. So I did start to feel a little bit better late Friday and Saturday....as the fever was gone and I think the strep was on its way out. Cough was still there but it wasnt terrible. However I started to feel real ................ty again on Sunday. Real dizzy, light-headed, no energy and my cough was getting worse. Woke up Monday and could barely get out of bed. Coughing like crazy, chest pains, trouble breathing. So went back to my doc and it now turns out I have pneumonia.

So yeah thats where I stand now. Still not feeling much better yet but they have me taking stuff for the pneumonia. Its just terrible. No energy for like 2 weeks now, doing nothing but lying on the couch or in bed. Hardly eaten anything lately....except chicken broth, jello and ice cream. I think Ive lost about 15 pounds if not more.

Anyways I figured I'd pop on for a second tonight just to let you know where Ive been. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get better soon.
    Sorry you're feeling so crappy Mike. Surprised that they don't keep you in the hospital for a little while for some observation. Not fun feeling physically crappy.

Don't expect things to turn around real quickly. It will take time to regain strength for you. Your lungs could also feel weak for awhile. Just take it easy bud and get plenty of rest if you can. We'll all be rooting for you to feel your old self again soon!
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    It's too bad the first test was a false negative. Was it one of those rapid ones? I don't always trust those.

Well, I hope you'll be feeling better soon. Pneumonia is a tough one to kick. Make sure you're really cured before you try to get back to your normal routine so that you don't relapse.
    FOUR times those rapid tests came back negative for my kids and the complete test that takes 48 hours came back positive. I don't trust them at all-they just delay treatment.

Take care buddy-sounds like you are on the road to recovery but Trish is right-don't rush back into anything because you'll be flat on your back again if you try too soon.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper03
    FOUR times those rapid tests came back negative for my kids and the complete test that takes 48 hours came back positive. I don't trust them at all-they just delay treatment.
    I'm not a fan of the rapid test either, but I disagree with what you said that they "just delay treatment". No one should be treated for strep until the 48 hour culture test shows positive. Antibiotics are used far too often when not needed which has caused a health crisis in this country. If the rapid test is used, I don't think treatment should be started until confirmation by the 48 culture. The rapid test should never be used to replace the culture.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

{Singing} "Get well; get well soon; we want you to get well!"

Seriously, I am glad you are recovering, and I hope you're back to feeling well very soon! Take care of yourself and get some rest!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thread Information