+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Roster Expansion

What can we expect Sept. 1? Hughes and Clippard? Will Bubba resurface to spell JD for a game or two in center? Any bullpen help, or are the guys that could help already here? Nieves behind the plate?

When we get through Detroit and Minn., I wouldn't mind Clippard getting a start here or there.

Re: Roster Expansion

No reason to rush Hughes up.

In fact, I wouldn't think of bringing Hughes up barring serious injury prior to Sept 07.

Clippard? I don't think Yankees *need* to... although I wouldn't protect the schedule for his progression the same way.

P.S. Bubba should be on the 40 man squad, but not see a start short of a 10 game lead with seven games to play or an injury from one of the starting 3 OF'ers. That said, its DEFINITELY going to happen, given Torres penchant for being overly protective and resting (everyone except for Proctor and Villone.)

Hopefully some more bullpen reinforcements. Any chance we see JB Cox??

Cox is gone with Team USA.

We will see the same old faces- KT, Veras, Beam, etc. Maybe we'll see Nieves...But definately no Hughes, Cox, and I severly doubt Clippard.
    Future
    Betances(P)Brackman(P)Hughes(P)Heredia(P)Ramirez(P)Chamberlain(CP)Melancon(SU)
    Montero(1B)Cano(2B)Angelini(SS)Suttle(3B)
    Almonte(OF)Heathcott(OF)DeLeon(OF)Romine(C)

Does anyone know when Cairo is going to be ready to come off the DL? When he is, he should be part of roster expansion and ready to take back his job from Nick Green.

This stuff cracks me up. You won't see anybody you're not used to, I'm sure. \
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]RIP Cory Lidle. Forever a Yankee. [/SIZE]

I [B]still[/B] believe.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228
    Does anyone know when Cairo is going to be ready to come off the DL? When he is, he should be part of roster expansion and ready to take back his job from Nick Green.
    He has started rehabbing but it has yet to include in game play...It should be soon, Green has better talent, but I caught the "trust" bug from Torre, I just trust Miggy more.
    Future
    Betances(P)Brackman(P)Hughes(P)Heredia(P)Ramirez(P)Chamberlain(CP)Melancon(SU)
    Montero(1B)Cano(2B)Angelini(SS)Suttle(3B)
    Almonte(OF)Heathcott(OF)DeLeon(OF)Romine(C)

Well, even though he may not be the same player, I'd much rather have Cairo down the stetch and on the playoff simply because he is a veteran and because of what he gave the Yanks in 2004.

NYYF Legend

We will not see any of the mainstays of Trenton. Trenton is leading the division and will definitely go to the playoffs. We will see a bunch from Columbus. No one from Tampa and below.

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    We will not see any of the mainstays of Trenton. Trenton is leading the division and will definitely go to the playoffs. We will see a bunch from Columbus. No one from Tampa and below.
    This is true- the Yanks will allow the core of the team to compete in their playoffs. I doubt anyone- other than possibly Clippard if the Yanks are in a major bind- gets the eventual call.

You will certainly see a third catcher and more relief arms. You will very likely see another OF or two. And you will see another IF, whether Cairo comes back right away or they recall one from Columbus.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gold23
    This is true- the Yanks will allow the core of the team to compete in their playoffs. I doubt anyone- other than possibly Clippard if the Yanks are in a major bind- gets the eventual call.

You will certainly see a third catcher and more relief arms. You will very likely see another OF or two. And you will see another IF, whether Cairo comes back right away or they recall one from Columbus.
    I doubt Clippard gets called up. Him and Hughes will finish the year in AA. Obviously if there is an absolute dire situation and the Yankees desperately need a spot starter, he's got a shot - but I think White would be up before him.

Quote Originally Posted by destiNY
    He has started rehabbing but it has yet to include in game play...It should be soon, Green has better talent, but I caught the "trust" bug from Torre, I just trust Miggy more.
    No he doesnt.

He probably has a stronger arm (but thats about it). I too would turst cairo over green both in the field as well as batting

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    I doubt Clippard gets called up. Him and Hughes will finish the year in AA. Obviously if there is an absolute dire situation and the Yankees desperately need a spot starter, he's got a shot - but I think White would be up before him.
    Agreed. I think it is only in a situation where the Yanks have surrendered a good amount of their lead in the division and there is an injury or two to a starter. White probably gets the earlier nod...but Clippard is probably their most "ready" if they need a guy to go in there for a game in a tough spot. Highly unlikely- but backs to the wall he COULD go.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritof27
    This stuff cracks me up. You won't see anybody you're not used to, I'm sure. \
    I was counting on guys like Jimmy Hoffa. Thanks for ruining it for me.
    I have no association with "TEPLimey" at nomaas. Apparently a very disturbed individual likes to get their rocks off on pretending they are me. Sad, really.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba
    What can we expect Sept. 1? Hughes and Clippard? Will Bubba resurface to spell JD for a game or two in center? Any bullpen help, or are the guys that could help already here? Nieves behind the plate?

When we get through Detroit and Minn., I wouldn't mind Clippard getting a start here or there.
    you wont' see people who aren't on the 40 man roster, so obviously, that eliminates hughes and clippard.

you'll most likely see any of the following:

t.j. beam
    sean henn
    darrell rasner
    jose veras
    kevin thompson
    mitch jones

they'll probably make a few roster moves to accomodate a catcher and an infielder.
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    you wont' see people who aren't on the 40 man roster, so obviously, that eliminates hughes and clippard.

you'll most likely see any of the following:

t.j. beam
    sean henn
    darrell rasner
    jose veras
    kevin thompson
    mitch jones

they'll probably make a few roster moves to accomodate a catcher and an infielder.
    I think Menechino will be brought up, no question.
    "I just won you the pennant. I got you Steve Trout."

-- George Steinbrenner to Lou Piniella after trading for Trout from the Cubs, 1987.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pre73
    I too would turst cairo over green both in the field as well as batting
    Ditto, especially hitting. Cairo at least makes contact most of the time. Green swings like he has his eyes closed.

Heidi
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

Forum Regular

why does this fanbase want to rush clippard and hughes

look whats happening to boston when they bring pitchers up early

NYYF Legend

The Yankees are too astute (unlike many of it's fans) to bring up Hughes and Clippard this year, and Bubba is gone forever, get over it. I'd rather have Thames or Juan Rivera back of the ex Yanks over Bubba, but frankly I'd prefer to see us move on. Those guys were failures here.

Andy

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

It'll be nothing out of the usual.

Just some bullpen help, and more backups.

Miguel Cairo should be returning soon, so he'll probably be activated when they expand rosters. He'll be an extra infielder.

Felix Escalona and Russ Johnson or both of them might come up to bolster the infield.

In the outfield you'll see Bubba Crosby definitely. He'll be able to give all three outfielders a break in September, plus you'll probably see Terrence Long in the corner outfield.

Other guys like Kevin Reese and Kevin Thompson have the possibility of coming up and seeing playing time.

And then the third catcher in Will Nieves. Will probably start the last few weeks a lot in place of Posada and Fasano.

But anyway, you can bet your bottom dollar on tons of bullpen help, Bubba Crosby, Terrence Long, Miguel Cairo, Felix Escalona and Will Nieves.

What can we expect Sept. 1? Hughes and Clippard? Will Bubba resurface to spell JD for a game or two in center? .
    Hopefully not.

All Praises Be to Mariano destro's Avatar

heh i wonder if we'll see aaron small
    [B][SIZE=1][I]"Fans don't boo nobodies..." - Reggie Jackson
    [/I][/SIZE][/B]

bubba can manage the bullpen

They'll call up...

CF: Bubba
    3B: Bubba