+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 113 FirstFirst ... 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 88 ... LastLast

Re: Carl Pavano Rehab

Not to seem like a complete ahole, but I genuinely hope that this changes the minds of those who were enraged at some members who would dare question Carl following his last "injury".
    Wilbon: What is it specifically about Arod that guys like Schill and Trot Nixon just can't stand?

Kornheiser: He's better looking, he's cooler, he's got all the money. That's what they can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q Bomb
    I'm really at a loss. This is as unbelievable as A-Rod striking out 10 times in 14 at-bats. I just can't believe this much "misfortune" can befall one guy in a year and a half (barely).

I also find it hard to believe that this guy suddenly lost the desire to compete; to pitch; to play baseball. You say he hates The Bronx - how could he hate The Bronx? He's hardly played there. He pitched - what - three months? It's unfathomable that he could just find excuse after excuse not to pitch; especially when those excuses are validated by doctors, rehabs, and actual surgery. Did anyone think that maybe he didn't tell The Yanks he was in an accident because he was mortified at yet another possible set-back. It has to be just the freakiest set of unfortunate circumstances because a player, a major league baseball player doesn't suddenly lose the desire to compete. He just doesn't become content with sitting around (or driving around) in place of training and playing. Players with declining skills or no remaining skills and aches and pains after years of playing don't want to retire - I find it hard to believe that an apparently talented pitcher, in the prime of his career, suddenly lost the will to compete after a rough stretch playing in The Bronx.

Now, didn't he pitch, and pitch well, after his accident? So why was he scratched from his next minor league start? Frankly, if The Yanks suspect he really is malingering then they should just make him pitch - broken ribs; bone chips in elbow; broken buttox; or whatever. Just make the dude pitch! I know that's ridiculous but this whole situation is ridiculous.

Is that "underworld character" Steinbrenner used to associate with still around? Maybe they should send him over to Pavano's house and threaten him to get his a$$ to The Bronx.

This is unbelievable!
    It's what excessive wealth does to people with no direction or purpose in life. The world becomes a playground of sorts where life's most pressing concerns can easily be shrugged off and you don't have to think about who you want to be and what you want to do with your life. You don't think about striving, growing, acheiving and evolving. You become absorbed in all the little toys and distractions brought by money.

I compare Pavano's situation to Mike Tyson. The difference is Tyson was at the top of his sport and took a greater fall. But the bottom line is, he lost the desire to fight. He got comfortable and started playing more and training less. He stopped taking care of his body. His mission in life changed and he got his rear-end handed to him by Buster Douglas.

Pavano's teammates should question Carl's desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve
    Wait just a second here... This is conjecture on someone's part - not what Pavano is necessarily thinking. How can you say that Pavano is "more spoiled than any baseball player ever"? The accident occured during daylight hours - not at 3:00am in the morning. The guy is driving his car and he hydroplanes and loses control of his car. It happens. So the guy has a porche. Plenty of people do, or have a BMW or a Mercedes. So what? He didn't tell the team because he was ashamed of the fact that he hurt himself again. It was the wrong decision, but it showed he cared and really wanted to get back to pitching in the major leagues. I am not defending him, but Geez, you "fans" are really over the top on this. A guy that gets to the point he has gotten to is not content to sit on his rear end and just let the money roll in. You have to be a competitor to make it to the major leagues. You can't be "content" to not compete. Albeit, the guy is extroadinarily unlucky and injury prone. He didn't "plan" to crack two ribs. Come on people...
    Yes, he's unlucky. He's so unlucky that he is taking $40 million to the bank.

The state who's symbol is...a pile of rubble

Quote Originally Posted by Davios
    Not to seem like a complete ahole, but I genuinely hope that this changes the minds of those who were enraged at some members who would dare question Carl following his last "injury".
    Nope as you can already see, some folks just cannot wrap their minds around the idea that someone is just grasping at any excuse to collect the money and avoid playing... they attribute his outright lies and prevarication to "embarassment" over what happens to him... as opposed to the more direct and obvious fact that .. he's LIED to the team and someone who LIES to the team CANNOT be assumed to be acting in good faith... quite the opposite.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by cmaff05
    How do we know he didn't further injure himself? It's all up in the air..we don't know that much.
    your right we know very little about most things !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam51
    It's what excessive wealth does to people with no direction or purpose in life. The world becomes a playground of sorts where life's most pressing concerns can easily be shrugged off and you don't have to think about who you want to be and what you want to do with your free time. You don't think about striving, growing, acheiving and evolving. You become absorbed in all the little toys and distractions brought by money.

I compare Pavano's situation to Mike Tyson. The difference is Tyson was at the top of his sport and took a greater fall. But the bottom line is, he lost the desire to fight. He got comfortable and started playing more and training less. He stopped taking care of his body. His mission in life changed and he got his rear-end handed to him by Buster Douglas.

Pavano's teammates should question Carl's desire.
    Huh????? Now we are comparing Carl Pavano with Mike Tyson? I don't seem to remember Carl biting off an umpire's ear after a controversial ball and strike call. This is no longer worth responding to. Why not compare Carl to Albert Belle and accuse him of trying to run down some kid when his car ran out of control? He must have paid big bucks to the doctors that discovered bone chips in his forearm. Maybe Carl caused the bone chips from not training enough. What have you guys been smoking?

NYYF Cy Young

Wait just a second here... This is conjecture on someone's part - not what Pavano is necessarily thinking. How can you say that Pavano is "more spoiled than any baseball player ever"? The accident occured during daylight hours - not at 3:00am in the morning. The guy is driving his car and he hydroplanes and loses control of his car. It happens. So the guy has a porche. Plenty of people do, or have a BMW or a Mercedes. So what? He didn't tell the team because he was ashamed of the fact that he hurt himself again. It was the wrong decision, but it showed he cared and really wanted to get back to pitching in the major leagues. I am not defending him, but Geez, you "fans" are really over the top on this. A guy that gets to the point he has gotten to is not content to sit on his rear end and just let the money roll in. You have to be a competitor to make it to the major leagues. You can't be "content" to not compete. Albeit, the guy is extroadinarily unlucky and injury prone. He didn't "plan" to crack two ribs. Come on people...
    If he really wanted to get back to pitching in the major leagues, he would be pitching with the big club by now.

NYYF Legend

Gotta laugh. All you can do at this point.

My tribute to Carl Pavano:

CARL OF GLASS
    (Sung to the tune of "Heart of Glass" by Blondie)

Once we signed an arm and thought he threw gas
    Soon turned out had a Carl of Glass
    Seemed like the real thing, only to find
    Bad shoulder, bad ribs, and a sore behind

The Tampa faction loved him, thought he was divine
    Soon found out they were out of their minds
    It seemed like the real thing but they were so blind
    Him and Jaret Wright — can't believe they were signed

In between
    Rehab stints in Tampa when he's feeling fine
    Elbow chips and bruising there's no peace of mind
    With the cash we're paying you it's just no good
    You teasing like you do

(Repeat first verse)

Lost inside
    Deplorable contusions when you tried to slide
    We're the ones you're using, please don't push us aside
    The team without you's cruising, yeah

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la
    Yeah, driving right into a truck in Florida

Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl

Soon turned out he had a pain in the ass
    Seemed like the real thing only to find
    Four years flushed — god, why was he signed?

Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    (repeat several times to fadeout)
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Huh????? Now we are comparing Carl Pavano with Mike Tyson? I don't seem to remember Carl biting off an umpire's ear after a controversial ball and strike call. This is no longer worth responding to. Why not compare Carl to Albert Belle and accuse him of trying to run down some kid when his car ran out of control? He must have paid big bucks to the doctors that discovered bone chips in his forearm. Maybe Carl caused the bone chips from not training enough. What have you guys been smoking?
    The point is, both lost their desire to compete and let themselves go. Not only does Carl not want to be a Yankee, he might not want to be a baseball player anymore.

This would all be far easier if one was able to sit down and actually look at his injuries with the Yankees and logically state, "Yes, this player has obviously obtained a serious injury which will put him out of qaction for some time." That, however, has never even been the case. When he went down with his mysterious shoulder ailment, doctors were not able to find ANYTHING. One can state that there was inflammation, but if that were the case then Brian Cashman would not have asked him to start in place of Kevin Brown as he did (to which by the way Carl refused). Then he slipped during a spring training outing and supposedly injured his buttocks, yet he got up and was actually laughing. The bone chip was a valid argument, but now all of this happens. As much as I tried to support the guy, and I did for a long time, I can't allow myself to be blind to the fact that he doesn't want to be here. Plain and simple.
    Wilbon: What is it specifically about Arod that guys like Schill and Trot Nixon just can't stand?

Kornheiser: He's better looking, he's cooler, he's got all the money. That's what they can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman

CARL OF GLASS

In between
    You teasing like you do

(Repeat first verse)

Lost inside

Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl

Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl

OK you made my day......

Quote Originally Posted by bambam51
    The point is, both lost their desire to compete and let themselves go. Not only does Carl not want to be a Yankee, he might not want to be a baseball player anymore.
    The point is you don't know that as a fact and stating it as such is irresponsible. If that is what you think, state it as such. It may be true or it may not.

The point is you don't know that as a fact and stating it as such is irresponsible. If that is what you think, state it as such. It may be true or it may not.
    It's this sort of reasoning that pervaded the OJ jury....

NYYF Legend

Kudos to hellownewman!
    Just win!

Addicted Member

What next he farts so hard that he ruptures his spleen? I don't think he planned this, but if he starts off 2007 on the DL, I say cut your losses. Enough is enough, besides the Cubs would pick him up.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RIYankeeFan
    What next he farts so hard that he ruptures his spleen? I don't think he planned this, but if he starts off 2007 on the DL, I say cut your losses. Enough is enough, besides the Cubs would pick him up.
    Someone (I don't remember who it was - it was in a different Thread) listed all of the Pavano injuries and ailments. It was quite a list.
    Just win!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz
    Here's the link that goes with that image ...
    http://blogs.nydailynews.com/yankees...y_one_hu_1.php

According to this blog, the driver of the truck Pavano hit has retained counsel.
    I hope the driver of the truck wins $40 million for the damages.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

. So what? He didn't tell the team because he was ashamed of the fact that he hurt himself again. It was the wrong decision, but it showed he cared and really wanted to get back to pitching in the major leagues. ..
    That shame suddenly went away when he found out he was being activated though, huh?

There's only so "unlucky" that someone can be before they turn into a walking, breathing embodiment of Charlie Brown.

I hope cahsman slips the doctor who's examining Pavano a few grand to say that he's fit to pitch. I think they should make Pavano pitch through this rather than baby him, I mean what do we really have to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I hope the driver of the truck wins $40 million for the damages.
    or at least what's left of the $40 million... there would be a sweet justice in that.
    "Maybe someday you'll be our shortstop and your number will hang out here (in Monument Park),'" recalled Cashman. "He's the only one I ever said that to, and it's actually going to happen."

My tribute to Carl Pavano:...
    Awesome .
    Studying for the USMLE Step 2 Exam, but still cheering hard for the Yankees.
    The reason Kei Igawa looked so good in Japan: [URL="http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html"]http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html[/URL]

Brian Cashman: Sniper Bernie Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattpat11
    That shame suddenly went away when he found out he was being activated though, huh?

There's only so "unlucky" that someone can be before they turn into a walking, breathing embodiment of Charlie Brown.
    I wonder if Carl can get Joe Shlabotnik out. Maybe I should ask Michael Kay...
    [URL="http://fackyouk.blogspot.com/"]My Sports Blog (Yankees + National Sports: http://fackyouk.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by siddiqi
    I hope cahsman slips the doctor who's examining Pavano a few grand to say that he's fit to pitch. I think they should make Pavano pitch through this rather than baby him, I mean what do we really have to lose.
    Maybe some insurance money. Who knows what's really going on here.

CARL OF GLASS

In between
    You teasing like you do

(Repeat first verse)

Lost inside

Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl

Boo-hoo, Ca-arl
    Boo-hoo, Ca-arl

Nice One!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker101
    Who knows what's really going on here.
    You mean other than the longest rehab from a collection of phantom injuries in the history of the world?

Who indeed.

Thread Information