+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 5660
  1. #26
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Good Eats is one of the most interesting shows on TV. I learn something every time I watch and I've never made a bad dish from a recepie of his.

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    I've become strangely addicted to "Workout".

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    A few of the shows on Animal Planet are really good, at least to me.
    I like Emergency Vets and Animal Cops. Backyard Habitat is also a cool show if you are interested in attracting wildlife to your yard.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  4. #29
    Stare Down the Barrel Mezmerize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SheffRocks11
    Steve Carrell is a genius.
    No, no no no no... Ricky Gervais is a genius. Steve Carrell had the character created completely for him before NBC ever heard of The Office.
    [COLOR=black]You'll just say the worst of me with the hope they'll understand
    No, they know you're just a boy
    So grow up and be a man
    Little baby, kicking, you scream and whine
    Victims pay the price eventually[/COLOR]

  5. #30
    NYYF Legend

    Sam18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerize
    No, no no no no... Ricky Gervais is a genius. Steve Carrell had the character created completely for him before NBC ever heard of The Office.
    True, but Carrell still has to act and what not and he's amazing at that.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

  6. #31
    NYYF Cy Young

    TheMick@ND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    I like Mythbusters on the discovery channel, 30 days on FX and Monk on USA.
    I have to return some videotapes.


  7. #32
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMick@ND
    I like Mythbusters on the discovery channel, 30 days on FX and Monk on USA.
    Did you watch last night's "30 Days" episode?

  8. #33
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    A few of the shows on Animal Planet are really good, at least to me.
    I like Emergency Vets and Animal Cops. Backyard Habitat is also a cool show if you are interested in attracting wildlife to your yard.
    The one where they show the pets that are heros gets me every time. I always cry. There was one about a pot bellied pig that had me in hysterics.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  9. #34
    NYYF Cy Young

    TheMick@ND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    Did you watch last night's "30 Days" episode?
    The one about Atheism and Christianity? If so, yes, pretty good stuff.
    I have to return some videotapes.


  10. #35
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMick@ND
    The one about Atheism and Christianity? If so, yes, pretty good stuff.
    yeah.

  11. #36
    NYYF Cy Young

    TheMick@ND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    yeah.
    I missed the end but I was getting frustrated with how bad the atheist lady was at talking about her beliefs. I mean, I'm not an atheist and I think I could've done a better job than her.
    I have to return some videotapes.


  12. #37
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMick@ND
    I missed the end but I was getting frustrated with how bad the atheist lady was at talking about her beliefs. I mean, I'm not an atheist and I think I could've done a better job than her.
    I agree. It pissed me off.

  13. #38

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    I forgot to mention Modern Marvels on the History Channel.... when there is nothing on TV to watch (which is most often the case) I can usually find something on the History Channel worthwhile.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  14. #39
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    West Nyack New York

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    One for the movies and now one for TV shows

    Anyone watch "Psych", the new show on USA? I like it quite a bit. It's pretty funny.
    i like Psych .Dule Hills plays his roll perfect.. i love how he drive the one cop crasy...

  15. #40
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    I forgot to mention Modern Marvels on the History Channel.... when there is nothing on TV to watch (which is most often the case) I can usually find something on the History Channel worthwhile.
    I LOVE the Science Channel. Always something fascinating on.

  16. #41
    NYYF Legend

    CptCrunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Back in the burbs

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    I forgot to mention Modern Marvels on the History Channel.... when there is nothing on TV to watch (which is most often the case) I can usually find something on the History Channel worthwhile.
    The History Channel is great. It's a good thing I don't have cable at my place, otherwise I'd never get any work done.

  17. #42
    NYYF Legend

    penfold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SoCal

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    I forget the exact title but the Funniest Animal Videos on Animal Planet cracks me up whenever I watch it. There's nothing quite like seeing a cat literally climb the walls or a dog growling at a radio controlled car.

  18. #43

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by penfold
    I forget the exact title but the Funniest Animal Videos on Animal Planet cracks me up whenever I watch it. There's nothing quite like seeing a cat literally climb the walls or a dog growling at a radio controlled car.
    That cracks me up too, but I can't STAND the host of that show.

  19. #44

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    I also enjoy Animal Planet but pretty much everything on it makes me cry. I have been trying to catch "Meerkat Manor" there when it's on.

    Also I saw the first episode of "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" the other night and was sort of surprised in a good way. I never really watch stuff like that. It's on A&E.

  20. #45
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerize
    No, no no no no... Ricky Gervais is a genius. Steve Carrell had the character created completely for him before NBC ever heard of The Office.
    He's great and all, but the rest of the UK cast isn't as good as the US one. I'll take the US Office over the UK one now that there's more episodes.

  21. #46
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    He's great and all, but the rest of the UK cast isn't as good as the US one. I'll take the US Office over the UK one now that there's more episodes.
    I've been meaning to ask you for a while - who's that in your av?

  22. #47
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee
    The one where they show the pets that are heros gets me every time. I always cry. There was one about a pot bellied pig that had me in hysterics.
    Yeah, I cry during most of those shows. The ER one is sad because the animals are sometimes in bad shape and somtimes don't make it. The Cops one is always about abused animals. But they usually have a happy ending.

    I saw the Miracles one with the pig...if it was the same one. The woman got the pig when it was a baby and it was supposed to be a pot bellied pig but then it got so big she realized it was a regular farm pig. That was the one where the woman was held at gunpoint in her garage and the pig bit the guy. Is that the one you saw?
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  23. #48
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle
    I also enjoy Animal Planet but pretty much everything on it makes me cry. I have been trying to catch "Meerkat Manor" there when it's on.

    Also I saw the first episode of "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" the other night and was sort of surprised in a good way. I never really watch stuff like that. It's on A&E.
    My son likes Meerkat Manor. It's a series and I think it's on Friday nights.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  24. #49
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    I've been meaning to ask you for a while - who's that in your av?
    Randal from Clerks.

    Oh yeah, it's been mentioned, but deserves more recognition: Mythbusters - best show on Discovery.

  25. #50
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The "TV shows that don't warrant their own thread" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    I saw the Miracles one with the pig...if it was the same one. The woman got the pig when it was a baby and it was supposed to be a pot bellied pig but then it got so big she realized it was a regular farm pig. That was the one where the woman was held at gunpoint in her garage and the pig bit the guy. Is that the one you saw?
    No. The one I'm talking about is there was an older woman who lived out in the middle of nowhere by herself. Just her, her dog and her pot bellied pig. Her house had a doggie door. One day she has a heart attack in her house. She is laying on the floor and she can't get up or get to the phone. Her dog is just sitting on the bed barking at her.

    The pig, however, was a quick thinker. The pig would run through the doggie door, which was a little too small for him so every time he ran through he would scrape his belly on the bottom of the door. He would run out to the road, and then lay down on the side of the road, pretending to be hurt until a car drove by. If the car didn't stop then he would run back through the doggie door to check on the woman. He kept doing this over and over, running back and forth between the woman and the road. He scraped up his whole belly on the doggie door and he was bleeding but he didn't care.

    Eventually, as he was playing hurt on the side of the road, some guy pulled over. He went over to the pig to see if he was okay and the pig jumped up and started running to the house but the guy noticed that he kept turning back to make sure he was following him. So the guy follows the pig to the house and hears the dog barking inside. The guy opens the door, finds the woman on the floor and calls 911 and the woman is saved.

    Sorry for the hijack and long story but this is one of my favorite animal rescue stories ever. What an amazingly smart pig!
    2014 - New Team, New Result

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts