+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Descent"

"The Descent"

So I wanted to see a horror flick and did I ever get one!! This movie is full of blood, guts, gore, and scary creatures. Parts of it caught me unawares. Overall, it's a pretty good scary movie. Most horror movies are lame these days, but this one was pretty well made. (Oh, and for the guys -- it's about 6 very hot chicks who go spelunking. )

I was, however, really irritated that a couple down the row from me brought a little girl who appeared to be 5-6 years of age. Some people are just plain idiots. The film was quite frightening in parts, and bringing such a small child was totally inappropriate and irresponsible. It irked me.
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

NYYF Legend

Re: "The Descent"

I mentioned this in the "Thread for movies that doesnt warrant their own thread," I saw this movie many months ago. I liked it a lot, and I want to see the US version as the ending is different.

It should be on DVD any day now...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN
    It should be on DVD any day now...
    I think this one might make some good money and be around for a while. It's one of the only non-remakes/non-sequels horror films to come out in a few years.

My roommate saw it and said it was one of the scariest movies she's ever seen. She totally recommended it.

I can't wait to go see it.

Its a British movie...she said that they toned down the ending for American audiences.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    I mentioned this in the "Thread for movies that doesnt warrant their own thread," I saw this movie many months ago. I liked it a lot, and I want to see the US version as the ending is different.
    Supposedly, the ending to the US version is not as good.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I'll wait for DVD. I'm not a big fan of horror movies, but I've heard alot of good things about this one. I'd rather see the original ending which will no doubt be on the DVD.

Thread Information