+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alice in Chains

NYYF Legend

Alice in Chains

Has anyone else seen them on their current tour? I saw them last night at MusikFest in Bethlehem, PA. The new singer they picked up was much better than I expected, and I thought they put on a very good show. Anyone know if they plan on putting out new material?

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: Alice in Chains

Quote Originally Posted by In Mo I Trust
    Has anyone else seen them on their current tour? I saw them last night at MusikFest in Bethlehem, PA. The new singer they picked up was much better than I expected, and I thought they put on a very good show. Anyone know if they plan on putting out new material?
    Who's singing for them? I can't see them being the same without Layne. Did they play all old stuff or was there new songs thrown in?

Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar

Mike Starr's demons tragically caught up with him.

The original bassist for Alice in Chains was found dead Tuesday in Utah. He was 44. Cause of death has not yet been released.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b229...#ixzz1G3eFRv9g

RIP Mike

Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ny View Post

The original bassist for Alice in Chains was found dead Tuesday in Utah. He was 44. Cause of death has not yet been released.

RIP Mike
    Just read that. It was very sad seeing him on "Celebrity Rehab." Just sad overall.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ny View Post

RIP Mike
    I think we know the cause of death.

RIP

Ugh. Hate to hear that. RIP Mike.

As for the original post... I am a huge AIC fan. Haven't been able to see them with the new singer even though I'd love to. I dig the new album a lot, in fact I listened to it a few times over the weekend. Jerry Cantrell was a huge influence on songwriting with Layne and both were lead vocals. The loss of Layne devastated me and they will never be what they were but they are still damn good without him. Cantrell by himself was good, got to see him tour the Boggy Depot album (which is insanely good). Always wanted them to reunite and that happened. What makes me so happy is that they did not lose that sound that I loved. Once I got used to the new singer, which wasn't all that difficult to do, they just became a new great grunge band. I hope they never change. The song "Last Of My Kind" kinda shows some pride with that.

I'm pretty positive they will keep going on. I've heard nothing but positives about them live and most people love the album. They will never be what they were before but I have Layne's music on such a pedestal that it's pretty difficult for anyone to match it. Besides Maynard James Keenan, no one else really does.

If you've never heard of them before and you're into Layne's music check out Mad Season's one album. I promise you it'll blow you away. It's more mellow than Alice In Chains but it's still Layne and the guy is just amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/Above-Mad-Seas...9680310&sr=1-1

Here's the song "Wake Up" which is one of my favorites. If you listen to the lyrics you'll hear about his addiction.

Wake up young man, it's time to wake up
    Your love affair has got to go, yeah
    For 10 long years, for 10 long years,
    The leaves to rake up
    Slow suicide's no way to go, oh
    Slow suicide's no way to go
    Please sign David Robertson and Chase Headley.

Mad Season was awesome, wish they put out more stuff anyway here's the audio from Live at The Moore

http://www.mediafire.com/?jgmzmjqy4nx

Thread Information