+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I can't take it anymore - Yanks DO NOT pay ARod $25 mil per.

I've even written this a-hole demanding that he get his information right - it's a disgrace that he gets paid by foxsports.com to put this sh*t out.

Where will Cubs 3B Aramis Ramierz end up? The Los Angeles Dodgers, Houston Astros, Boston Red Sox and Baltimore Orioles all fit the criteria. Even the New York Yankees might be players, figuring they could sign Ramirez, trade Alex Rodriguez and save about $13 million a year in the process. The ball is in Ramirez's court. ''I don't want to talk about that, man,'' Ramirez said Thursday. ''I let my agent handle that stuff. Of course, I want to wait until the end of the season, but that's what I pay my agent for. I relax and play, and he takes care of the rest.''
    Yankees are only paying $14 million this year you dumb schmuck...time to drop another email.

NYYF Legend

Re: I can't take it anymore - Yanks DO NOT pay ARod $25 mil per.

LMAO...it is a common misconception. I rarely hear anyone mention the fact that Tom Hicks is paying NYY $60 million for A-Rod not to be on their team.

But then they'd probably just start crying, "See, they can even afford to pay Mussina and Johnson more than Rodriguez."
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

a point that mostly falls on deaf ears.. it's easier to criticize arod while talking about $25m
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by KLJ
    a point that mostly falls on deaf ears.. it's easier to criticize arod while talking about $25m
    I know...

Using false info to pad your argument is one thing. This guy is just completely clueless and is using bad information to make up absurd rumors. And cashing in.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42
    I've even written this a-hole demanding that he get his information right - it's a disgrace that he gets paid by foxsports.com to put this sh*t out.

Yankees are only paying $14 million this year you dumb schmuck...time to drop another email.
    Not to mention the fact that ARod has a full NTC. He's not going anywhere. This guy just wants to try & stir up some feedback by angering Yankee fans using this tired subject. Give a rest already & find some actual material with some substance! (talking to the writer)
    [FONT=Arial][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/KEVshi/The%20Zone%20Forums/jobathehut.jpg[/IMG]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

NYYF Cy Young

I know...

Using false info to pad your argument is one thing. This guy is just completely clueless and is using bad information to make up absurd rumors. And cashing in.
    Yeah I was just going to write that. He's blatantly starting a rumor. It's clearly off the top of his head that the Yankees would be interested because of the enticing savings. If he did 5 seconds of research he would learn such savings wouldn't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by simmy886
    Yeah I was just going to write that. He's blatantly starting a rumor. It's clearly off the top of his head that the Yankees would be interested because of the enticing savings. If he did 5 seconds of research he would learn such savings wouldn't even exist.
    The funny thing is I saw this on an Angel message board because I wanted to find out about the Andruw Jones waiver situation. And there's a thread with them getting excited over the possibility of ARod being traded to them being that the Yankees might get Aramis to "save money". That guy is f*ckin irresponsible and those who believe him are as uneducated as him.

You'll never get though to people like this. Yankee Haters believe what they want and there's no changing them, even it the truth is staring them in the face.

There are people out there that still think the Yankees have no chemistry in their clubhouse. That's something from the '70s!! Colin Cowheard (sp?) on ESPN Radio was talking about it the day after the Abreu trade. He said something about Abreu being pouty and that the Yankees don't need someone like that because they already have Sheffield. He was like, "Wow, now Torre has both Sheffield and Abreu to contend with!" It took an interview with Joel Sherman later in the show to set him straight. Unbelievable!
    Bern Baby Bern

[URL="http://blog.myspace.com/bern_bern_bern"][/URL]

NYYF Cy Young

Ok on the Dan Patrick show, DP and KO were arguing over Damon at 13 million or Crisp at 2 million was a better bargain considering what you can surround Crisp with the extra savings. This was all well and good until Doug Gottlieb tried to break down the argument to KO who wasn't understanding DP's point that even though Damon is better Crisp is a better option. Gottlieb's example: "It's like this KO: are the Rangers better off with Michael Young than Alex Rodriguez because of that 25 million they are no longer paying ARod?"

Gottlieb's example: "It's like this KO: are the Rangers better off with Michael Young than Alex Rodriguez because of that 25 million they are no longer paying ARod?"

Stick to college basketball, Gottlieb.

I thought it was $16 million per year, with the Rangers picking up $9 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by 5OClockLighting
    I thought it was $16 million per year, with the Rangers picking up $9 million a year.
    That's correct. A-Rod had $179M over 7 years remaining on his deal. The Rangers are picking up $67M of that. So it's $9.5M per year from Texas, $16M per year from NYY.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1735937

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Alex Rodriguez

10 years/$252M (2001-10)
    • $242M in annual salaries
    • $10M signing bonus (paid $2M/year, 2001-05)
    Salaries:
    01-04:$21M/year,05-06:$25M/year, 07-10:$27M/year

In December 2001 (a year after the contract was signed), Rodriguez agreed to defer $45M in annual salary to 2011-2020 at 3% interest (01:$3M, 02:$4M, 03:$5M, 04:$5M, 05:$5M, 06:$4M, 07:$4M, 08:$5M, 09:$5M, 10:$5M).

In February 2004, (three years after the contract was signed), Rodriguez waived his no-trade clause, allowing Texas to trade him to the Yankees. At the time, he had 7 years/$183M remaining on his contract.

Texas agreed to pay:
    • the remaining $4M in signing bonus due, 2004-05 *
    • $67M of the remaining $179M in salary, due 2004-10*

New York agreed to pay
    :
    • $112 of the remaining $179M in salary, due 2004-10
    • The Yankees get a $25M/year player for $16M/year.
    * Deferred Money
    Texas assumes responsibility for the following deferred amounts:
    • the $12M in deferred salary earned from 2001 to 2003
    • $24M of the deferred salary to be earned from 2004 to 2010, and the $4M in signing bonus which was to be paid from 2004 to 2005 but now will be deferred to 2016-2025 at 2% interest
    All told, Texas is responsible for a total of $40M deferred at 2% interest.

SOURCE: http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/200...riguez_01.html
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

ARod makes $26M this year.

- $6M is paid by Texas.
    - $4M is deferred.
    - $16M is in salary.

So in terms of cash flow, Alex is making $16M.

Quote Originally Posted by 4degrees
    ARod makes $26M this year.

- $6M is paid by Texas.
    - $4M is deferred.
    - $16M is in salary.

So in terms of cash flow, Alex is making $16M.
    No, his salary is $25M, $4M of which is deferred, so his cash flow is $21M.

Quote Originally Posted by 5OClockLighting
    My source was Hardball Dollars, which now seems to be offline.

From the google cache (not saying Hardball Dollars was correct, just showing I wasn't talking out of my ass):

Age Roster Name 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    31 Rodriguez, Alex 15.20 14.00 15.00 16.00 17.00 18.00 4.00

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

what is frustrating is the same critics that call him the "$25 million player" in the same breath say we can only use what he does in NY to evaluate him. Okay then to be consistent, we can only use what the Yankees pay him.
    Life is good!

Maybe i'm missing something but I don't see where he's wrong. Trading Alex doesn't mean the money the Yankees get from Texas has to go with him, so they would be saving a lot of money if the traded A-Rod and signed Ramirez (not saying it should happen or anything)

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    what is frustrating is the same critics that call him the "$25 million player" in the same breath say we can only use what he does in NY to evaluate him. Okay then to be consistent, we can only use what the Yankees pay him.

exactly. why can't these guys do RESEARCH. It's like the Geico commercial
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by jughead
    Maybe i'm missing something but I don't see where he's wrong. Trading Alex doesn't mean the money the Yankees get from Texas has to go with him, so they would be saving a lot of money if the traded A-Rod and signed Ramirez (not saying it should happen or anything)
    You are making a mistake: Texas is paying ARod, not the Yankees. If the Yankees were to trade ARod, the money that Texas is responsible ($9M or whatever) continues to go to ARod, not to the Yankees.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain
    exactly. why can't these guys do RESEARCH. It's like the Geico commercial
    I'll have the roast duck, with the mango salsa.

You are making a mistake: Texas is paying ARod, not the Yankees. If the Yankees were to trade ARod, the money that Texas is responsible ($9M or whatever) continues to go to ARod, not to the Yankees.
    Well in that case, you're right. I thought that the Yankees pay him $25m and the Rangers pay the Yankees $10m or whatever the exact amount is. Perhaps the author thinks the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    Come on... What do you want? People to actually be rational? With those expectations, zero newspapers would be sold..... /end sarcasm.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by jughead
    I don't know the legal details of how Texas pays their share of A-Rod's salary. It's possible they pay it to the yankees rather than directly to A-Rod. But it's obviously more than a little unrealistic to suggest the yanks could trade A-Rod but keep the money from Texas, even if the agreement with Texas allowed that. No one would ever trade for A-Rod and start paying him the full $25M when the whole world knows Texas is on the hook for $9M per year.

I agree, this annoys me to no end. Especially when so-called Yankee fans use it to bash A-Rod.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

Thread Information