+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Another team's prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by MaximMan121
    Miller probably is trying to become a Super 2, rather than having to wait for the full arb clock to run.

Then again, someone with more knowledge of the subject explaining it better would probably be for the best. I just have the idea that under a certain number of innings pitched, but in the top 15% of the league as decided by an arbitrator, prospects can become Super 2 and opt for higher arbitration payouts or an earlier FA after a specific amount of ML time. Someone who understands it full yexplaining would be much appreciated.

You need 86 days to become a Super Two. It's too late already.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch
    You need 86 days to become a Super Two. It's too late already.
    I believe I read that it's not a specific amount of days, but rather being within a certain percentage of all the call-ups from that year. I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]RIP Cory Lidle. Forever a Yankee. [/SIZE]

I [B]still[/B] believe.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

I someone give me good scouting reports on:

Fernando Martinez
    Elvis Andrus
    Deolis Guerra

Thank you

Bryce Cox will be the best pitcher in the Red Sox bullpen not named Papelbon (if he stays in the bullpen) halfway through next season.

thats a little bold of you. the way hansen preformed, i think the red sox will be more carefull with cox

Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86
    thats a little bold of you. the way hansen preformed, i think the red sox will be more carefull with cox
    Cox, in my mind, is much more advanced than Hansen coming out of college.

i disagree with you, becuase if it were not for his run in the college WS, people probably wouldnt be as fond of him as they were. he has great stuff, but i dont know how his control will hold up in the long run, as it has been spotty in his college career. like hansen, i want to see him succeed in the high minors before i call him further along than hansen was. add the fact that cox started in a lower level becuase the sox didnt think he was advanced as hansen or they were afraid that he would be rushed through the minors, and that adds up to me not believeing he will see the majors next year, or at best case scenario, he might come up when rosters expand

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStrawberry
    Cox, in my mind, is much more advanced than Hansen coming out of college.
    Didn't he have major control problems?

reliever flavor of the year presented to you by the Red Sox! First it's Craig Hansen, then it's Bryce Cox. What suprises will we have next year? Only way to find out.. tune in!

Ace of the Staff JeterRodriguezSheff's Avatar

The thing that concerns be about Cox, is that he just recently fixed his mechanics or whatever. Sure he is great for the time being, but what happens if they go out of whack again? Will he be able to mantain his current mechanics for a long period of time from season to season? It is easy to fall into bad habbits.

Quote Originally Posted by DaYanks4Life
    Didn't he have major control problems?
    He changed his motion mid-season. I believe he had 2 walks TOTAL since the change in college. He not only has had good control, but his command of the fastball is great, which is why I like him better than Hansen.

Quote Originally Posted by JeterRodriguezSheff
    The thing that concerns be about Cox, is that he just recently fixed his mechanics or whatever. Sure he is great for the time being, but what happens if they go out of whack again? Will he be able to mantain his current mechanics for a long period of time. Iis easy to fall into bad habbits.
    This is really the only question mark about him. He is destroying high A.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
    reliever flavor of the year presented to you by the Red Sox! First it's Craig Hansen, then it's Bryce Cox. What suprises will we have next year? Only way to find out.. tune in!
    Bryce Cox could get major league hitters out right now, no matter what the name is on the front of his jersey is.

He changed his motion mid-season. I believe he has had 3 walks TOTAL since the change. He not only has had good control, but his command of the fastball is great, which is why I like him better than Hansen.
    OK, I think Hanson was rushed but should be a quality set-up man for a long time. I like Delcarmen too and see him growing confidence in his role this year.

Bryce Cox could also cure AIDS and save a young girl from a burning building all at the same time

Bryce Cox could also cure AIDS and save a young girl from a burning building all at the same time
    You bring so much information to this board. I really don't care if you believe Bryce Cox is good or not. But the fact you deny his numbers, his stuff, and his obvious change is pretty funny. I'm sure its only hype though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaYanks4Life
    OK, I think Hanson was rushed but should be a quality set-up man for a long time. I like Delcarmen too and see him growing confidence in his role this year.
    I'm actually not a big Hansen fan. He has absolutley zero command of his fastball and his slider is inconsistent. It was inconsistent in college to but since he threw it at 90 he could get away with it. I hope he recovers and finds himself.

You bring so much information to this board. I really don't care if you believe Bryce Cox is good or not. But the fact you deny his numbers, his stuff, and his obvious change is pretty funny. I'm sure its only hype though.

the sample size with his "current" mechanics is not substanial enough for me to warrant saying he could get major league hitters out rite now

I never denied his stuff. I just don't believe he could get MLB hitters out right now not even 3 months removed from playing in college ball. There is a lot of hype around him considering how bad the Red Sox bullpen has been this year.

Bryce Cox could get major league hitters out right now, no matter what the name is on the front of his jersey is.
    I'm sure he could but if many more hitters reach base then he gets out, thats not good. Thats what they said about Hansen and you see what happened to him. Very few arms can go from college to bigs in less than a year.

I never denied his stuff. I just don't believe he could get MLB hitters out right now not even 3 months removed from playing in college ball. There is a lot of hype around him considering how bad the Red Sox bullpen has been this year.
    There is hype about him because people actually got to see him on TV in the CWS, where he was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86
    the sample size with his "current" mechanics is not substanial enough for me to warrant saying he could get major league hitters out rite now
    Seeing him recently, only a week ago, I can tell you that if he pitched that way in the majors he would get hitters out.

it does not matter. you can tear through high a all you want. you can tear through college hitters all you want. it still does not mean he is MLB ready right now.

I'm actually not a big Hansen fan. He has absolutley zero command of his fastball and his slider is inconsistent. It was inconsistent in college to but since he threw it at 90 he could get away with it. I hope he recovers and finds himself.
    Same could've been said about Scott Proctor the last 2 years but he really rounded into form to become an invaluable component for our team.

it does not matter. you can tear through high a all you want. you can tear through college hitters all you want. it still does not mean he is MLB ready right now.
    When was the last time you saw him pitch?

Thread Information