+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 161 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4013

Re: Another team's prospects thread

Sickels Red Sox top prospects

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011/...2012#storyjump

Wow I totally agree with the ranking, 100% its actually really odd cause I have almost the same top 10. I'm high on Bogearts, Jacobs and Gechhini as well. BUT He's WAY too high on Iglesis and Workman, IMO. I like Alex Wilson to really step up this year. Bostons farm system is pretty good, better than last year even with their former top three prospects having down years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    Sickels Red Sox top prospects

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011/...2012#storyjump

Wow I totally agree with the ranking, 100% its actually really odd cause I have almost the same top 10. I'm high on Bogearts, Jacobs and Gechhini as well. BUT He's WAY too high on Iglesis and Workman, IMO. I like Alex Wilson to really step up this year. Bostons farm system is pretty good, better than last year even with their former top three prospects having down years.
    Pretty reasonable. I think Bogaerts may be a little overhyped currently (perhaps due to shiny new toy syndrome), since he's almost certainly not a SS long term. If you compare his stats to those of Gary Sanchez (in a down year) they're not all that different, and Bogaerts is usually being ranked 20-30 spots ahead of Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjello View Post
    Pretty reasonable. I think Bogaerts may be a little overhyped currently (perhaps due to shiny new toy syndrome), since he's almost certainly not a SS long term. If you compare his stats to those of Gary Sanchez (in a down year) they're not all that different, and Bogaerts is usually being ranked 20-30 spots ahead of Sanchez.
    I wish minor league splits were still functioning, so i don't have to keep hearing about boegarts historical ISO anymore. Adjust for park and sanchez is probably ahead of him in most offensive categories (though he does have some more swing and miss currently)
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

I asked him about the two. Where are you seeing rankings where Bogaerts is ranked that far ahead of Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    I asked him about the two. Where are you seeing rankings where Bogaerts is ranked that far ahead of Sanchez?
    No official rankings yet, but a lot of people on Sickels' site have been posting lists with Bogaerts far ahead of Sanchez. Bogaerts is #30 on the community list, whereas Sanchez is not even in consideration yet (Banuelos isn't on the list yet either).

No official rankings yet, but a lot of people on Sickels' site have been posting lists with Bogaerts far ahead of Sanchez. Bogaerts is #30 on the community list, whereas Sanchez is not even in consideration yet (Banuelos isn't on the list yet either).
    those people are pretty dumb recent trends followers.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

NYYF HOF

How good is xander bogaerts ?? Where will he be ranked in all of baseball (predictions) by baseball america ???
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

Jesus Montero is another team's prospect. Let that sink in for a second. We've been following this young lad for 5 years and I have to sit hear and read posts like "Montero, we hardly knew you."

Following Prospects is a unforgiving Job.
    [QUOTE=TheKillerB's]Bichette is going to be big, quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by kongull View Post
    Jesus Montero is another team's prospect. Let that sink in for a second. We've been following this young lad for 5 years and I have to sit hear and read posts like "Montero, we hardly knew you."

Following Prospects is a unforgiving Job.
    Mariner fans have been watching Pineda for as long and saw him get labeled a phenom early in the year. Imagine seeing a guy throw 98mph and dominating. Now he is a Yankee. It just works that way.

all 4 guys traded were from IFA, just a reminder
    always reasonable

Romulo Sanchez signed a minor league deal with Tampa.

Nick Castellanos:

.312 .367 .436 .803

Cito Culver:
    .250 .323 .337 .660

Why'd we draft Culver again now?

I'd rather have http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=walker001tai he was picked around the same time Castellanos was and after Culver. I do agree Castellanos would of been a great get considering ARod will need to be replaced one day having Bichette and Castellanos in the minors would be comforting.

NYYF Legend

Why didn't we draft Pujols?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StaleMilk View Post

Nick Castellanos:

Cito Culver:

Why'd we draft Culver again now?
    I'd take Mason Williams over him 9 times out of 10.

Regardless of what you think about Culver/Castellanos, if they gave the latter $3.45 million as the Tigers did, Mason is almost guaranteed to not be a Yankee.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

why was walker drafted so low? what was his pre draft concern
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    why was walker drafted so low? what was his pre draft concern
    He was considered pretty raw because he was split between baseball and basketball growing up (he was more interested in basketball) and hadn't been pitched as much as a regular HS kid so he was basically just arms/legs and stuff with almost no refinement. He was up and down through the spring, too, which only magnified the "project" tag he had, plus he had a fairly large pricetag, from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I'd take Mason Williams over him 9 times out of 10.

Regardless of what you think about Culver/Castellanos, if they gave the latter $3.45 million as the Tigers did, Mason is almost guaranteed to not be a Yankee.
    Sad that a team with the Yankee's resources would need to make that type of decision.

Nationals
    Red Sox
    Pirates
    Blue Jays
    Indians
    Orioles
    Rangers
    Angels
    Dodgers
    Tigers
    Astros
    Rays
    Cardinals
    Royals

All spent more than the Yankees did in the 2010 draft. Pathetic really.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StaleMilk View Post
    Sad that a team with the Yankee's resources would need to make that type of decision.

Nationals
    Red Sox
    Pirates
    Blue Jays
    Indians
    Orioles
    Rangers
    Angels
    Dodgers
    Tigers
    Astros
    Rays
    Cardinals
    Royals

All spent more than the Yankees did in 2010. Pathetic really.
    This post gives me a deja vu feeling. So strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    This post gives me a deja vu feeling. So strange.
    Sounds like some old friend that left us beforehand.

This is for Boss/Sey:

Matt (NY)

Afternoon Klaw, Is there any reason at this point to be optimistic that Anthony Ranaudo will ever develop into more than a middle of the rotation innings eater? This assuming of course his elbow holds up to let him achieve even that.

Klaw(1:57 PM)

Consensus of scouts who saw him this year is that it's a third starter ceiling, at best. Some like him less than that, no one seems to like him more. The deception just isn't deceiving.

He had TJS.

Arodys Vizcaino underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery on Tuesday morning.

The procedure was recommended Monday by Dr. James Andrews after an examination of Vizcaino's torn ulnar collateral ligament. The 21-year-old right-hander was expected to serve as a middle reliever for the Braves this year but will instead spend the entire 2012 season in recovery mode. He could even miss part of 2013.

Richmond Virginians

Thread Information