+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Anyone using Optimum boost?

Cablevision is offering a super fast cable connection many times faster that normal cable and I was wondering if anyone has it and their opinion. Cost is $14.95 additional a month and $9.95 if you have their phone service.

They also throw in a domain name and sevice with this additonal fee.

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF Legend

Re: Anyone using Optimum boost?

Optimum isn't fast enough for you?

I haven't heard of it, but I am already paying over 49.99 bucks a month for Optimum internet (because I have DirecTV), so for me, it's fast enough.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Quote Originally Posted by krystl

I haven't heard of it, but I am already paying over 49.99 bucks a month for Optimum internet (because I have DirecTV), so for me, it's fast enough.
    I crave speed...

But probably wont get it because as you stated, its fast already...

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

FiOS is faster if it's available in your area...and the same price or less.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    FiOS is faster if it's available in your area...and the same price or less.
    Never heard of it.

Ok...just checked it out. A form of Verizon DSL

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN
    Never heard of it.

Ok...just checked it out. A form of Verizon DSL
    It's actually fiber optics, not DSL. Lots of a bandwidth, and even though they cap it, it's still faster than cable.

49.99 isn't so bad. I pay $44.99 and I actually have their cable. Cablevision gets over $130/month from me. They aren't getting more (until they raise their rates again for what I already have).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hobokenfish
    49.99 isn't so bad. I pay $44.99 and I actually have their cable. Cablevision gets over $130/month from me. They aren't getting more (until they raise their rates again for what I already have).
    I hear ya, but it adds up. We have the Optimum voice ($35) as well as the Optimum online ($49.99), so that costs us 85 bucks a month. Then there's the DirecTV which is about 78 bucks, so we're up to $163 for tv, internet and phone. But I love the Optimum voice. It's half the price of what we paid for Verizon a month and everything's included.

I hear ya, but it adds up. We have the Optimum voice ($35) as well as the Optimum online ($49.99), so that costs us 85 bucks a month. Then there's the DirecTV which is about 78 bucks, so we're up to $163 for tv, internet and phone. But I love the Optimum voice. It's half the price of what we paid for Verizon a month and everything's included.
    I heard though if cable goes out, you lose phone service too?

That's true. If we didn't have cell phones it may have stopped me from getting the triple play.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

NYYF Legend

Yes, unless you have a battery backup on the modem which costs about 45 bucks I think, which I have been too lazy to get.

But having cellphones makes it less of a necessity.

If you get the Optimum triple play (add cable to what you already have) you can get all 3 for around $130 a month because then they will give you your Optimum voice for $14.95 per month. That's a pretty good deal I think, unless you don't want to give up DirectTV.
    "Maybe someday you'll be our shortstop and your number will hang out here (in Monument Park),'" recalled Cashman. "He's the only one I ever said that to, and it's actually going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Jen19
    If you get the Optimum triple play (add cable to what you already have) you can get all 3 for around $130 a month because then they will give you your Optimum voice for $14.95 per month. That's a pretty good deal I think, unless you don't want to give up DirectTV.
    Personally, I would NEVER give up DirecTV...certainly not for DolanVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen19
    Yeah, that's until they jack up the intro rate. When I first got Optimum Online, it was only like $29.95 per month. Once the intro period was over, it was eventually raised. Now I get like a $5 discount because I have Cablevision cable. Woo-hoo.

I'd rather pay $30/month for a land line, plus my cell phone. I get good reception and enough anytime minutes on my cell that I don't even have to use my long distance service on the land line. And if there is ever a blackout or some sort of emergency, the land line is still there.

Verizon FiOS Internet Service is not currently available at your address

Oh well maybe some day...

Larry Walker's Fanclub Rocketman's Avatar

Optimum Boost is amazing - I DL at nearly 3 MEGABYTES per second. It's incredible.

In other news, this is my 2000th post. I can't believe it took me this long, I've been a member of this forum FOREVER and the previous Yankee forum before that.

NYYF Legend

My DirecTV goes out during very heavy storms. That's pretty much it. We did have problems awhile back, but it turns out we needed to readjust the dish.

The problem we had with cable was the picture was nowhere near as clear as the satellite.

My DirecTV goes out during very heavy storms. That's pretty much it.

The problem we had with cable was the picture was nowhere near as clear as the satellite.
    Exactly. Plus the free DVR service we have, the EXCELLENT customer service, and knowing that service outages are quick, and not going to be hours long...and if service goes out, did I mention our free DVR???

NYYF Legend

I moved and got DirecTV to move with me. Except there's a tree just outside my balcony, so they couldn't get a "line of sight". Now I'm stuck with freakin' Cox.

NYYF Legend

Hmmm, I thought they advertised the triple play thing as $29.95 each for the first year?

Maybe they are desperate to keep customers so they are extending the offer.

Hmmm, I thought they advertised the triple play thing as $29.95 each for the first year?

Maybe they are desperate to keep customers so they are extending the offer.
    Maybe they are trying to sway the DirecTV losers
    Actually they have DirecTV where I work, and I really do like it...
    "Maybe someday you'll be our shortstop and your number will hang out here (in Monument Park),'" recalled Cashman. "He's the only one I ever said that to, and it's actually going to happen."

Thread Information