+ Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 258 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 253 254 255 256 257 258 LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 6444

Re: The New York Mets Thread

Wow does Zack Wheeler look good today against the team that dealt him. Even has an RBI double. His first really good start.

At least 40% of Mets games are interesting to watch and worth paying to see. More than I can say about their crosstown rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    At least 40% of Mets games are interesting to watch and worth paying to see. More than I can say about their crosstown rivals.
    I hate this Yankee team more than any Red Sox fan could ever hope to.

Let's go Mets! Time to make that 2nd half playoff run.

Because of Harvey and Wheeler I presume? Great - they have two good looking young pitchers to go along with 23 other crappy players in aggregate.

Kuroda is leading the AL in ERA. CC hasn't been great, but he's fun to watch regardless. I enjoy cheering for Pettitte in spite of his mixed results. Phelps, Nuno (SSS) and now even Nova are good guys to watch take the hill this year. And Pineda is on his way back.

Yeah, pretty sure I'd rather watch the Yankees but to each their own.

NYY 51-41
    NYM 40-49

Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Because of Harvey and Wheeler I presume? Great - they have two good looking young pitchers to go along with 23 other crappy players in aggregate.

Kuroda is leading the AL in ERA. CC hasn't been great, but he's fun to watch regardless. I enjoy cheering for Pettitte in spite of his mixed results. Phelps, Nuno (SSS) and now even Nova are good guys to watch take the hill this year. And Pineda is on his way back.

Yeah, pretty sure I'd rather watch the Yankees but to each their own.
    Exactly, to each their own. Since I'm not a Mets fan, I obviously don't have the same passion (or disdain). All I know is that 40% of the time, they are throwing out two pitchers that bring more hope and excitement than anything we have on the roster, regardless of the hows and whys they got there.

I'd much prefer to watch two young, talented pitchers with promising futures over a 38 year old player with a one year contract, (regardless of his ERA). Same goes for our "ace" CC and his God-awful contract that curiously doesn't seem to bother many people here, at least as far as I can tell. The rest of the roster is just a reminder of how sad this team has become and how uncertain (or bleak) the future seems to be.

The only thing I truly look forward to is Pineda taking the mound. Sorry, I just can't share your excitement and enthusiasm for the rest of the club. I've never been this disinterested in a Yankee team.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    NYY 51-41
    NYM 40-49

Totally.
    Oh, I see. So that's how I should be measuring my interest and satisfaction.

Btw, make that 51-44.

Exactly, to each their own. Since I'm not a Mets fan, I obviously don't have the same passion (or disdain). All I know is that 40% of the time, they are throwing out two pitchers that bring more hope and excitement than anything we have on the roster, regardless of the hows and whys they got there.
    And the other 60% of the time, as well as most of the time they go to the bullpen, they are throwing out absolute garbage that bring more despair and misery than anything on the Yankee roster.

I'd much prefer to watch two young, talented pitchers with promising futures over a 38 year old player with a one year contract, (regardless of his ERA). Same goes for our "ace" CC and his God-awful contract that curiously doesn't seem to bother many people here, at least as far as I can tell. The rest of the roster is just a reminder of how sad this team has become and how uncertain (or bleak) the future seems to be.
    OK and fine... young, homegrown pitchers are fun to watch when they're rolling. Mets fans have reason to be very optimistic about those two, but not much else. But I love watching Kuroda pitch, I'm a big CC fan, I have a tremendous vested interest in watching Andy pitch this last season, I'm excited for Pineda to return and show what he has, Nova is looking good lately, Phelps is better than his stats indicate...

The only thing I truly look forward to is Pineda taking the mound. Sorry, I just can't share your excitement and enthusiasm for the rest of the club. I've never been this disinterested in a Yankee team.
    I agree that Pineda is something to look forward too. And frankly I agree that the team isn't nearly as exciting as prior recent versions. But they're still interesting, and there's still a whole half of baseball left. Last year's team was relatively exciting, and then got dull as hell in October. Perhaps this year that record will be played in reverse. Willing to wait it out and see before waxing poetic about theoretically greener grass in Queens.

Oh, I see. So that's how I should be measuring my interest and satisfaction.

Btw, make that 51-44.
    Well, it's how lots of fans do it. And you talk about hope and excitement in 40% of the starts... I'm assuming you're talking about starts that lead to wins, no?

And you can make that opposing record 41-50 if you're keeping score.

le mests are still a mess

but there's some buzz

okay i'll stop
    always reasonable

I'm pumped about watching Nova and Pineda start, and I won't turn off the TV when we turn it over to our bullpen (unless it's Joba). It's a lot of fun to watch Logan, D-Rob, Kelley, and Mo pitch. I'm hoping we can add Betances to that list soon.

I also enjoy Kuroda's outings, and still think the good Phil Hughes will show up every. single. time. But I get why that's not exciting for some.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    And the other 60% of the time, as well as most of the time they go to the bullpen, they are throwing out absolute garbage that bring more despair and misery than anything on the Yankee roster.
    Doesn't matter what kind of garbage the Mets are throwing out there. Like I said, I'm not a Mets fan, but 40% of the time they are showcasing two players that are far more interesting (at least to me) than what we are throwing out there. That includes a 38 year old pitcher with a 1 year contract and a former ace with a terrible, terrible contract. Due to a couple of reasons, watching the latter can actually be more depressing than exciting or interesting....to me, of course.

"Garbage" is relative, as I think what the Yankees have been trotting out there is pure garbage, regardless of their record or how many games they are ahead of the Mets. 40% of Wheeler and Harvey is more interesting than 100% of the retreads, aging stars, injury-prone players and crap we throw out nightly. Like I said, when Pineda comes back, he'll close the gap and I'll show more interest-- at least on the days that he pitches, even if behind him are Overbay, Hafner, Wells, Romine, the ghost of Youkilis, some "woohoo!" fading star coming back from injury, etc., etc. You get the picture

OK and fine... young, homegrown pitchers are fun to watch when they're rolling. Mets fans have reason to be very optimistic about those two, but not much else. But I love watching Kuroda pitch, I'm a big CC fan, I have a tremendous vested interest in watching Andy pitch this last season, I'm excited for Pineda to return and show what he has, Nova is looking good lately, Phelps is better than his stats indicate...
    They ARE absolute fun to watch, regardless of whether they win or lose. Experiencing their development is fun and interesting watch, especially if they're true talents and seem to be the real deal. Watching Hughes or Joba pitch was once a can't miss for me. Of course, I wanted them to win, but, even if they lost, they were a joy to watch and there was excitement for their future as well as the teams'.

Watching Pineda on the mound will probably do something similar for me, which is why I'll probably have a pulse when he pitches.

I agree that Pineda is something to look forward too. And frankly I agree that the team isn't nearly as exciting as prior recent versions. But they're still interesting, and there's still a whole half of baseball left. Last year's team was relatively exciting, and then got dull as hell in October. Perhaps this year that record will be played in reverse. Willing to wait it out and see before waxing poetic about theoretically greener grass in Queens.
    I think I've addressed the above and you get my point, or at least I've made it clearer. But, I never said the grass is greener in Flushing. But, now that you brought it up, I see no indication that it will be greener in the Bronx either, at least in the immediate future. The Yankees can be a potential mess on many levels.

Well, it's how lots of fans do it. And you talk about hope and excitement in 40% of the starts... I'm assuming you're talking about starts that lead to wins, no?
    Perhaps they do. I can't speak for other fans nor do I expect them to speak for me.

And you can make that opposing record 41-50 if you're keeping score.
    So, the Mets suck. Frankly I couldn't care less about their record or how it compares to ours. What matters to me is that the Yankees are a team full of retreads and crap that are somehow over .500 and don't excite me in the least. But, back to my original point, I prefer to watch Wheeler or Harvey over what we're offering, and actually have done so on days that they've pitched, despite having no rooting interest for their team. I will tell you that when either have started, I've chosen to watch them instead of games that even Kuroda or CC are pitching.

@MartinoNYDN: Matt Harvey will indeed be the NL starting pitcher in tomorrow's All Star Game, according to a source. Announcement coming today.

NYYF MVP

Matt Harvey is great LOL.

Did anyone catch this? Harvey interviewing NYers, & he's asking about some guy named Matt Harvey Most are Mets fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0D8...embedded#at=56
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

121st Street & a On The End Ave.

Harvey is awesome. Great video. I have to admit though that i wouldn't recognize him either. I try to watch most of his starts and he has a very generic look about him lol.

He has a chance to become a mega star tonight if he has a big outing.
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post
    Harvey is awesome. Great video. I have to admit though that i wouldn't recognize him either. I try to watch most of his starts and he has a very generic look about him lol.

He has a chance to become a mega star tonight if he has a big outing.
    What happens if he gets hammered?
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    What happens if he gets hammered?
    Harvey started off shaky and too pumped up, 1st pitch Trout double, 3rd pitch Cano HBP. Then with two on and no out and the best hitter on the planet up- strikes out Cabrera, fly out, strikes out Bautista. 2nd inning-more of the same. They might invite him back one day.

NYYF Cy Young

The Mets play 68 games in the last 70 days of the season.

How do you all feel about this?

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    How do you all feel about this?
    Makes me feel queasy.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Addicted Member

Stephen A. Cohen of SAC Capital own 4% of the Mets.

So the Mets are having a sleep over at Citi Field tonight. My friend is there and says he's having a blast. He says there's probably 350-400 people there.

I bet other teams will follow suit with this promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
    Rangers did this too back in May.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/ar...r_tex&c_id=tex
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
    So the Mets are having a sleep over at Citi Field tonight. My friend is there and says he's having a blast. He says there's probably 350-400 people there.

Texas, White Sox, Arizona and Giants have all done this previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Texas, White Sox, Arizona and Giants have all done this previously.
    Didn't realize that. Cool.

Thread Information