+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 259 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 6454

Re: The New York Mets Thread

still mad
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    still mad
    Annoyed.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

llllmao.

btw using war for hof pitching measurement is pretty bad due to much higher difficulty to pitch high innings in the modern game. in this way santana's 230+ inning seasons are all the greater.

it's impossible for a tom seaver to pitch 300 innings in today's game and last as long as he did. the old timers with 400 inning seasons and 10+ wars per season should have their war discounted.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    my username has very little to do with the beverage.
    I still think of your posts as Snapple Facts.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

i don't really care about what bbwaa thinks.
    You're not going to believe this, but that's exactly what they said about you. All of them.

I was amazed, it's not a group that typically reaches unanimous decisions.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

not sure why that is relevant.

a bunch of guys derping about wins lol. they did vote for bartolo colon as cy young you know.
    always reasonable

not sure why that is relevant.

a bunch of guys derping about wins lol. they did vote for bartolo colon as cy young you know.
    You're an interesting guy, awy ... your sense of humor and teasing detection mechanisms seem to go out of commission at unpredictable intervals.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    HOF peak but no longevity. He would probably be another Bret Saberhagen.

The no-no blew his career and his HOF chance.
    He was coming off shoulder surgery that has a very low success rate. The no-hitter had nothing to do with this. What blew his HOF chance was the original injury in 2010.

not really. santana's peak is pretty long and also featured at least 3 cy young years. 150+ era+ over 8 years
    I agree with this. He's much closer to a HOF starter than some give him credit for. This is not to say he IS a HOFer.

He's not Saberhagen. Their only comparable is being a 2 CYA-winner. But Johan beats him in terms of peak, peak longevity, and consistency.

Johan was clearly the #1 starter in baseball for a time, even with Halladay around.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    I agree with this. He's much closer to a HOF starter than some give him credit for. This is not to say he IS a HOFer.

He's not Saberhagen. Their only comparable is being a 2 CYA-winner. But Johan beats him in terms of peak, peak longevity, and consistency.

Johan was clearly the #1 starter in baseball for a time, even with Halladay around.
    The Saberhagen comparison is about their HOF chance and views from the voters.

No doubt Santana is better.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
    He was coming off shoulder surgery that has a very low success rate. The no-hitter had nothing to do with this. What blew his HOF chance was the original injury in 2010.
    Before the no-no
    10 GS, 59 IP, 2.75 ERA, 3.75 SO/BB

After the no-no
    10 GS, 49 IP, 8.27 ERA, 2.39 SO/BB

The Teletubby is horrifying.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

I don't get that Mets video. It isn't charming, it isn't fun, it isn't even remotely funny, and it isn't creative. It's actually real creepy and pretty much makes no sense other than to watch an uncoordinated Jay Horwitz make a jerk out of himself. Who are they trying to target with this? Better yet, who in the world is enjoying it?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Better yet, who in the world is enjoying it?
    lol, I think it's awesome. One of the best I've seen. But you really have to know what the Harlem Shake is or I can see how you might not get it

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    lol, I think it's awesome. One of the best I've seen. But you really have to know what the Harlem Shake is or I can see how you might not get it

Yeah, I know the Harlem Shake, but still don't get it or see the humor in this parody, other than Horwitz's dancing (he really does resemble Ballmer and his moves in that video I attached). Maybe I need to watch it a couple of more times to let it sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    The Saberhagen comparison is about their HOF chance and views from the voters.

No doubt Santana is better.
    I can see Santana staying on the ballot. If I'm not mistaken, Saberhagen was one-and-done. I can't see Sanata falling off on the first ballot. In fact, I can see him stay on the ballot for 15 years.

Francesa is practically "you know what-ing" Matt Harvey right now.

The kid looks great, don't get me wrong, but can we relax a little, Mike? Christ.

It's no wonder the Mets were George's most hated rival- their franchise and fan base are delusional chest thumpers with a napoleon complex.

NYYF Legend

they're definitely more fun to watch than the yankees right now, that's for sure
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    they're definitely more fun to watch than the yankees right now, that's for sure
    At least they have a young starter like Harvey to watch...that is definetly fun. They probably will get to see d'Arnaud in a few months too.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieTinoTex View Post
    Francesa is practically "you know what-ing" Matt Harvey right now.

The kid looks great, don't get me wrong, but can we relax a little, Mike? Christ.

It's no wonder the Mets were George's most hated rival- their franchise and fan base are delusional chest thumpers with a napoleon complex.
    Francesa's a Yankee fan...

i can't watch this team. no aesthetics. yankees batboys are dressed better
    always reasonable

Regardless of their record, they are far more interesting than watching this year's Yankee team. Even their fans are more involved and into it at Citi Field than our lifeless ones and the ones disguised as empty seats. That what happens when you inject some youth instead of washed-up hasbeens.

Yeah, lots of sour grapes in this thread. I find a lot of Mets fans to be realists, especially this year. They know that they will likely be mediocre at best but they are excited to watch their young prospects. I don't mind tuning into a game every now and then, I like Niese & Harvey and look forward to seeing if d'Arnaud will live up to the hype.

Thread Information