+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 258 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 6444
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Re: The New York Mets Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    What's sad is he really thinks that he did.
    What's sad is that you think that you speak for me. What makes you think that I was referring to the Yanks winning and the Mets losing on the same game? Since you think that you know me and my thoughts so well, please explain.

Please base this upon comments that I made BEFORE this post, not after it.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Chill, I'm not saying anything about people here. Just an observation of fans in general...plenty of Yankees fans complained about Reyes' antics but defend Swisher's. Just like plenty of Mets fans complain about Swisher's antics, but had no problem with Reyes' stuff. Fans often seem to think any kind of emotion from their guy is "just having fun" while emotion from a player on another team is "showing them up".

And wow, the Yankees are better than the Mets...and the Yankees won on the same day the Mets lost..you really got me there.
    I had a few double-shifts this week, so I wasn't able to reply. I saw your post, but complaints about being on the web are there.

For the Mets, they may try winning a lot more than just avoiding a sweep to the lowest-ranked team in MLB, per my post that you replied to (which reply that I'm quoting). It's great that they go 17-1 to avoid the sweep, but weren't they supposed to win at least 2 of those games?

The Yanks played a 2nd place team. Those are tough games which they're supposed to win. They swept. The Mets played the bottom feeders in baseball, practically a decent Triple-A team. They lost 2 out of 3.

Perhaps instead of worrying about who's "chicken", some Mets fans could actually worry about who's beating good teams, instead of losing (and by a good amount, at that) to the worst one of them all.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

^^ Please pass the popcorn, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    ^^ Please pass the popcorn, Steve.
    No, when you finish you're argument I'll share but please, continue.

We'll see what Jax Teller has to say. Since he/she wrote "he" in replying to Peanut, instead of "you", then I'm sure that JT was to myself.

Sometimes this baseball discussion is really weird. Wot-EVAH.

NYYF Legend

I just had the fun of watching Papelbon blow a save vs. the Mets, and even better, he takes the L.

David Wright got the walk-off hit (a bloop single), and yes, he did get pied afterwards.

Great comeback against the Phillies to pick up R.A. Dickey.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I just had the fun of watching Papelbon blow a save vs. the Mets, and even better, he takes the L.

David Wright got the walk-off hit (a bloop single), and yes, he did get pied afterwards.
    Wright had a good game. Very good game.

I had a few double-shifts this week, so I wasn't able to reply. I saw your post, but complaints about being on the web are there.

For the Mets, they may try winning a lot more than just avoiding a sweep to the lowest-ranked team in MLB, per my post that you replied to (which reply that I'm quoting). It's great that they go 17-1 to avoid the sweep, but weren't they supposed to win at least 2 of those games?

The Yanks played a 2nd place team. Those are tough games which they're supposed to win. They swept. The Mets played the bottom feeders in baseball, practically a decent Triple-A team. They lost 2 out of 3.

Perhaps instead of worrying about who's "chicken", some Mets fans could actually worry about who's beating good teams, instead of losing (and by a good amount, at that) to the worst one of them all.
    not the mets' fault that there aren't any good teams in their league. of course, it's their fault they're are not a good team.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Who started the whole pie thingy, anywayz? Soupy Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    not the mets' fault that there aren't any good teams in their league. of course, it's their fault they're are not a good team.
    Not any good teams in their league? So why aren't they beating them up then?

The Mets, started specifically as an NL team to somehow "replace" (for wont of a better word) the since-departed Brooklyn Dodgers and NY Giants. However, of late, the only teams that they've been able to beat are all AL teams.

I also can't figure out why a $23M pitcher gets his arse handed to him (and lit up like a Christmas tree) by the cellar-dwelling Cubbies, both at home and on the road.

I'll have to work on a way for Papelblown to blow the save, and for the Muts to lose. Extra innings, mebbe (Mets losing in extras after a BLSV)?

Who started the whole pie thingy, anywayz? Soupy Sales?
    I'm pretty sure Aristophanes used it, and it was already an old gag then.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

If David Wright were a Yankee, he'd be my favorite player.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Aristophanes used it, and it was already an old gag then.
    Even way back then? Wowwwwwwwwwwwww.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristophanes

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    If David Wright were a Yankee, he'd be my favorite player.
    I'm still PO'd that the Yanks gave A-Rod an even more bizarre and outrageous contract that Tom Hicks was widely criticized for giving him ... and for the same 10 years, also.

So I'd agree with you as for David Wright OFFENSIVELY. However, DEFENSIVELY, I'd take A-Rod or anyone else.

I'm still PO'd that the Yanks gave A-Rod an even more bizarre and outrageous contract that Tom Hicks was widely criticized for giving him ... and for the same 10 years, also.

So I'd agree with you as for David Wright OFFENSIVELY. However, DEFENSIVELY, I'd take A-Rod or anyone else.
    I don't even know about A Rod being superior defensively at this point. It's probably a relatively SSS, but this year Wright's UZR is 1.4 to ARod's -1.8.

It's not necessarily an either/or between the two that I'm talking about. I'd take Wright in any capacity. I just love the way he plays the game and think he'd wear the Yankee pinstripes well.

Well, I guess for Mets fans, the team and RA Dickey stories were good while they lasted. Now it's back to the same ole same ole.

Matt Harvey starting Thursday.

LOL what a mess of a bullpen.

Yeah the poop has hit the fan of late.

The pen has been ridiculously brutal all year...just when you think they can't get worse, they do. And for the most part the starting pitching has been brutal since the break as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Yeah the poop has hit the fan of late.
    At least they are getting into the record book:

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo FROM ELIAS SPORTS BUREAU: #Mets-- 3rd team SINCE 1900 to lose consecutive games, both in extra innings, both by 5+ (73 Astros, 94 Angels)
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Next year they should just go home at the All-Star Break.

Sad, would have been fun to see them hang in the WC race this year, if only for the hell of it.
    Rocking that "arrogant Yankee fan" attitude.

Finally some good baseball from the Mets. Chris Young should definitely be in the rotation for the Mets in 2013.

Thread Information