+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Pedro Scratched From His Next Start

Re: Pedro Scratched From His Next Start

Sounds like some extra rest and a chance for Petey to spend a few extra days away over the All-Star break.
    "...there's only one goal, and that's to win the World Series. Not win the division. Win the Series. And if that's not the way you look at things, then you shouldn't even be here." - The Captain

The Pedro rules in full effect
    "Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support, not illumination."
    -Vin Scully

Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar

And Pedro's annual July vacation begins.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Awwwwwwwwww, Weedle Petey can't handle being owned at Fenway. Ain't that a pity. At least Clemens never decided to take himself out after he'd had lack of success against Beantown.

He loved the adoration that the crowd gave him, the video tribute. Perhaps had he lived up to the billing on that day, we wouldn't even be discussing this. Then again, I'd have been happy had he won that game, or at least lost 2-1. A nice pitcher's duel would've been a good thing.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
    Sounds like some extra rest and a chance for Petey to spend a few extra days away over the All-Star break.
    Gotta love how Pedro always manages to be "injured" for the All Star Game.

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

I read somewhere that the injured hip is still giving him problems. If I were Willie, I'd do the same thing.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

Quote Originally Posted by Casey37
    I read somewhere that the injured hip is still giving him problems. If I were Willie, I'd do the same thing.
    sure... his hip.
    "And I wonder, when I sing along with you. If everything
    could ever feel this real forever. If anything could ever be this good again."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SheffRocks11
    sure... his hip.
    Although, I definitely raised an eyebrow too, he did get a cortisone shot recently.

I don't think he would get one if he really wasn't hurting.

Betcha the hip becomes the excuse that he didn't show up for work vs. the Sox.

Hey, it sounds a lot better than being overcome by emotion due to a scoreboard tribute.
    "...it was blood, my blood, and it was coming from the sutures in my ankle. You’re either stupid or bitter if you think otherwise." --Curt Schilling on the Bloody Sock, 3/17/07

replacement level opinion

You guys really think he's getting cortisone shots and skipping a start because he needs an excuse for losing to the red sox, or because he doesnt want to pitch in the all star game? interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice14
    Although, I definitely raised an eyebrow too, he did get a cortisone shot recently.

I don't think he would get one if he really wasn't hurting.
    He may be hurting a little bit, but I don't think he would be sitting this one out if it wasn't all star time.
    "And I wonder, when I sing along with you. If everything
    could ever feel this real forever. If anything could ever be this good again."

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM
    You guys really think he's getting cortisone shots and skipping a start because he needs an excuse for losing to the red sox, or because he doesnt want to pitch in the all star game? interesting.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I'm really just being bitchy because he pitches for the Mets instead of the Red Sox now.

Generally speaking, I don't think professional athletes resort to cortisone shots and injuries to explain away one bad performance, particularly one that really didn't bother Pedro all that much.

"I’m not disappointed at all. I think I won the game on one side. Not even a win would give me the satisfaction I got from the fans... I won my game, the most important game to me.. Regardless of the result of the game, I'll always remember this as one of the best moments of my life... I'm not disappointed at all. The reception I got overmatched what I did out there. I'm extremely happy..."
    "...it was blood, my blood, and it was coming from the sutures in my ankle. You’re either stupid or bitter if you think otherwise." --Curt Schilling on the Bloody Sock, 3/17/07

NYYF Triple Crown

I think the guy is hurt.

I also think the jury is still out if it was a good/bad move for the Red Sox not to re-sign him.

I still maintain it was a good move long-term as I think Pedro would be having a much harder time pitching in the good old AL East than in the NL East.

How the Red Sox chose to replace him is another issue though.

Any word on Clement-Wells?

It's TIME.. it's TIME.. it's............ LIMA TIME!

The New York Daily News is reporting that the Mets will recall Jose Lima on Tuesday.
    Lima could join the Mets' over-worked bullpen or he might make a spot start for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper03
    Any word on Clement-Wells?
    Clement's pitching in the GCL today, Wells isn't ready to throw off a mound yet, and neither is Foulke.

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

Get well soon, ye olde warrior.
    Complaining is a choice

I often wonder if the Sox had Pedro last year if they would of repeated...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

An American aquarium drinker

I wonder if Pedro makes that start if the Mets are only up a game or two instead of having a double-digit lead.

That said, with this large of a lead, I think the Mets are playing it smart with Pedro.
    -- 1.25.06, Steve Buckley, Boston Herald on Theo's return to the Red Sox

"It took several different statements, on several different pages, to announce that everyone is on the same page."

NYYF Legend

Pedro should take a few weeks off at some point to gear up for October. Petey only has so many bullets in that arm.

i'm going to the mets doubleheader on saturday so hoping they start pelfrey...

Jose Lima was rocked for seven runs -- five earned -- in just three-plus innings of work against the Marlins on Friday.
    Lima time hasn't been too fun for Mets fans this season as the right-hander will likely fall to 0-4 with a 9.87 ERA in four starts with the big club this season. The club would be better off starting whoever throws the hardest at the five-dollar radar gun outside the stadium on gameday than ever giving Lima another outing. He'll probably head back to the minors after the game

haha.. rotoworld #1

Thread Information