+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 222 223 224 225
Results 5,601 to 5,614 of 5614
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Official "We're Doomed" Thread

so many injuries, we are so dooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!!
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

<-----------------------
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

I know this will probably get my Yankee fan cred questioned, but I have to admit I'm looking forward to this season more than I have in a while. With this roster there is serious doubt, more than there has been probably since 1995, that this team can win the division.

I think it's going to be more fun in a way to root for them all year long than it would be if it's close to a foregone conclusion that they will be in the playoffs barring some catastrophe.

And if they lose some bandwagon fans along the way...great. I actually welcome that in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    I know this will probably get my Yankee fan cred questioned, but I have to admit I'm looking forward to this season more than I have in a while. With this roster there is serious doubt, more than there has been probably since 1995, that this team can win the division.

I think it's going to be more fun in a way to root for them all year long than it would be if it's close to a foregone conclusion that they will be in the playoffs barring some catastrophe.

And if they lose some bandwagon fans along the way...great. I actually welcome that in a way.
    I don't disagree. Classic risk/reward scenario for me. Not being a shoe-in creates a little tension, so that if they do make it the fan payoff is a little bit richer. Plus, it increases the odds a little that some young players start to explode onto the scene. If you gave me a choice this year of a) making the playoffs or b) having one or two top prospects rocket up the system and hit the roster for good I'd take b.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Plus, it increases the odds a little that some young players start to explode onto the scene.
    Honest question, because I wasn't aware that any of the kids battling for spots were anything more than fringe prospects.

Are there any young kids trying to make this team -- the Ronnier Musteliers and Zoilo Almontes of the world -- that you honestly feel have a realistic shot of amounting to anything?

Maybe if somebody could convince me the answer to this question is yes, I would feel a little more excited about 2013. Right now it's just pure low expectations and eternal hope for me.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Lightning in a bottle.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Lightning in a bottle.
    Right, so basically what fans of every team in every sport are banking on when the season starts.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Honest question, because I wasn't aware that any of the kids battling for spots were anything more than fringe prospects.

Are there any young kids trying to make this team -- the Ronnier Musteliers and Zoilo Almontes of the world -- that you honestly feel have a realistic shot of amounting to anything?
    For the record, Ronnier Mustelier is not a kid. He'll be 29 in August.

He's a Cuban defector, so he hasn't really had much of a chance in the U.S. yet. He's been in the minors for two years. Last year in Double A (114 PAs) and Triple A (385 PAs), he hit .353/.412/.598 and .303/.359/.455, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post

Maybe if somebody could convince me the answer to this question is yes, I would feel a little more excited about 2013. Right now it's just pure low expectations and eternal hope for me.
    Not really out of the gate, but given injuries and some of the advancements of several position players in the minors last year, hoping that if the need arises that we get to see if some of these guys accelerate up the system. A guy like Heathcott would be fun to watch, in a Harper-lite kind of way. Or Austin (although very unlikely). Or one of our catching prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Not really out of the gate, but given injuries and some of the advancements of several position players in the minors last year, hoping that if the need arises that we get to see if some of these guys accelerate up the system. A guy like Heathcott would be fun to watch, in a Harper-lite kind of way. Or Austin (although very unlikely). Or one of our catching prospects.
    This is also Mesa's chance to put it all together, if he can
    like delv, but better

Addicted Member

Is it too early for this thread to be hovering around the top of the forums yet?
    "Stay thirsty, my friends"

It only took two games. If you put on the radio today one would think the team that plays in Queens won the world series and has started a new dynasty.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    It only took two games. If you put on the radio today one would think the team that plays in Queens won the world series and has started a new dynasty.
    In all probability the Yankees will finish with a better record than the Mets. Still might not be enough for a postseason spot. I think Cashman will be wheeling and dealing a lot this year

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    In all probability the Yankees will finish with a better record than the Mets. Still might not be enough for a postseason spot. I think Cashman will be wheeling and dealing a lot this year
    Ofcourse but since Wheeler pitched a great game, youd think vintage Tom Seaver cameback. Cashman is going to have o get creative this year. If the yanks are going to stink, Id rather them stink with their own rookies so they can see what they have.

Thread Information