+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 225 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 221 222 223 224 225 LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 5614

Re: The Official "We're Doomed" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    incoming 0-162 season

You think they are only going to lose 162 games...you have higher hopes for this team than I do
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    You think they are only going to lose 162 games...you have higher hopes for this team than I do
    Yeah, don't forget about the 35 or so Spring Training games!

NYYF Legend

when "Depends" becomes a sponsor, you have to be concerned.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    when "Depends" becomes a sponsor, you have to be concerned.
    Holy sht. That was hilarious!
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Legend

As constructed now, I do not think that this current Yankee team will be fighting for a playoff spot in 2013.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    As constructed now, I do not think that this current Yankee team will be fighting for a playoff spot in 2013.
    I don't think so, either.
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

The pessimism of some fans here must reflect being spoiled by the stronger rosters of the last 16 years.

Every team in baseball begins the season "fighting for a playoff spot." Some have better odds, but no team gives up in the spring. Only some fans do that.

By the All Star break, the management of some teams realistically decide to plan for future years and basically write off the current year.

I would bet a lot of money that this will not include the Yankees this year. Whether or not they make the playoffs, I think the chances are way better than even that they will be competing for a slot in September. The odds are not as much in their favor as at least most of those past 16 years, but the Yankee organization is going to be "fighting for the playoffs" this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    The pessimism of some fans here must reflect being spoiled by the stronger rosters of the last 16 years.

Every team in baseball begins the season "fighting for a playoff spot." Some have better odds, but no team gives up in the spring. Only some fans do that.

By the All Star break, the management of some teams realistically decide to plan for future years and basically write off the current year.

I would bet a lot of money that this will not include the Yankees this year. Whether or not they make the playoffs, I think the chances are way better than even that they will be competing for a slot in September. The odds are not as much in their favor as at least most of those past 16 years, but the Yankee organization is going to be "fighting for the playoffs" this year.
    I think most realize that injuries and luck play a big part in getting to the PS. The Yanks downgraded in several positions and have as little depth in the pitching staff and position players as has been seen in a while. Toss in the injury questions about Jeter and we have as little margin for error as we've seen in a while

Ad in the fact that the drive to get under $189M is a self inflicted ( needless ) wound and you can understand why fans are getting antsy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

NYYF Triple Crown

Maybe you can share with us your reasons for being not pessimistic about Yankee's chances of making the PS this year. Of course most Yankee fans are spoiled. Years of success will give you that sense of entitlement.

NYYF Legend

I don't think the Yankees will have any problem making the postseason. But they're not going anywhere after that because this team has zero clutch hitting against top tier MLB pitching outside of Ichiro & Jeter

NYYF Legend

i also think that its boredom. its a bunch of old guys. we love them but it will be like going down to Boca to see my parents when they were alive.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    i also think that its boredom. its a bunch of old guys. we love them but it will be like going down to Boca to see my parents when they were alive.
    haha, ouchhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Maybe you can share with us your reasons for being not pessimistic about Yankee's chances of making the PS this year. Of course most Yankee fans are spoiled. Years of success will give you that sense of entitlement.
    My post was in reaction to a couple of other posts that said the 2013 team would not be competing for the playoffs. I fully understand why people think this team on paper does not look as strong as other Yankee teams in the last 16 years. I agree that the chances of this team making the playoffs are not as high as they have been in most, if not all, of those years. I understand "antsiness" from those fans who expect, or feel entitled to, dominance and the security of a certain playoff team.

But even if not a dominant team, this is still a competitive team. Look at any odds in any sports book. They are not as high in odds as a few other teams that look better on paper, but they are not in the group with pretty much no chance by a long shot.

My reasons are the same as the odds makers reasons: the names on the roster.

I have rooted for many Yankee teams with much less promise, in the late 60s and early 70s, the 80s etc. This team offers much more hope than some of those other teams did. Believe me.

And no one can predict the playoffs once a team gets there. Pitching and hitting can get hot at the right time, or cold at the wrong time. Anyone who says they can predict in March that the Yankees cannot win playoffs they get into in October is just blowing smoke.

1-7!

Doomed.

NYYF Legend

thought this thread needed a bump..what's the next catastrophe to hit this team?
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    thought this thread needed a bump..what's the next catastrophe to hit this team?
    Well.... from reading the posts in this forum....

Opening day seems to be in line for armageddon.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Teix out 8-10 weeks..............doomed.

NYYF Legend

Realistically, the any chances that the Yankees had for a successful 2013 year dwindle with each passing day of spring as the DL continues to grow.

Released Outright

Realistically, the any chances that the Yankees had for a successful 2013 year dwindle with each passing day of spring as the DL continues to grow.
    You're just one cheery fellow, aren't you?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    You're just one cheery fellow, aren't you?
    No realistic. It was a compromised team to begin with and the injuries are only going to expose the Yankees further.

Released Outright

No realistic. It was a compromised team to begin with and the injuries are only going to expose the Yankees further.
    lolol

NYYF Legend

I can already hear Girardi in my head:
    "Well, no one's going to feel sorry for us. Guys are going to have to step up. We have to find a way to win." Blah, blah, blah.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    I can already hear Girardi in my head:
    "Well, no one's going to feel sorry for us. Guys are going to have to step up. We have to find a way to win." Blah, blah, blah.
    What do you expect him to say? "Well, we're just going to pack it in and play for draft picks"?
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

NYYF Legend

even the GM is riding around in a frickin' wheelchair... that pretty much says all you need to know about this team right now
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

What do you consider a "lot of money"? Is it a year's salary?

...and of course the Yanks won't call it quits at the trade deadline for several reasons including the fact teams no long get draft choices for half-year players
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Thread Information