+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 225 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 182 222 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 5614

Re: The Official "We're Doomed" Thread

I am still not convinced this team will go anywhere. We have a 35 yr-old SS, while great offensively, has exposed himself defensively. Damon has no business playing the outfield with his arm. Our bullpen minus Bruney and Rivera is a complete mess. Gardner still hasn't proven he can hit so far this year. CC is not pitching like an ace and Wang is in Florida. All these coupled with the toughest division in baseball, I think we are doomed.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra
    The Yankee rotation is what it is, no matter what you or I want. And yes, it turns out to be one AJ injury from being potentially disastrous.

We don't know that Nady, Bruney and Arod would go down, as every team that suffers injuries doesn't know. Does Boston also know that Ortiz's bat speed would slow to a crawl? No, but a well-rounded team overcomes these things.

This team wasn't built fine as you claim. I don't know how anybody could be happy with this OF, the overall defense, the pen and the bench. I hate to say it, but you need not look any further than the Sox dugout to see a significant difference.
    I'm going to ignore most of the post because I see you have your mind made up and I don't have the time or patience to argue. Although you tell me I am wrong but don't tell me why I am wrong, just that I am wrong and you are 100% right.

All I can ask is this, what rotation isn't one pitcher away from being disastrous as you put it?

What more can you ask for from your GM then CC, Wang, AJ, Andy, and Joba, with Hughes waiting in the wings???

Should the Yankees be carrying 7 aces?

I have never in my life seen such absurd claims. To knock the Yankees rotation when on paper it is easily top 3 in the league, I can't help but to laugh.

NYYF Legend

Rocketbooster, I LOVE your optimism, but I'd like to see some talent to go along with that spunk. We are seriously flawed as a team and one look at the pen, bench, OF and defense will tell you that, and as I said, we are one AJ injury (please no!) from being a pretty bad team.
    Please you might want to think before you speak.

How are they a "seriously flawed" team? If you've watched the games you would be able the noticed that the starters aren't going deep enough into games on a consistent bases. And when that happens in baseball it exposes your middle relief.
    Coming out of ST there was hardly anything "flawed" about this team. Other then the defense at certain positions was an issue.
    As far as the bench again are you watching the games following the team? When Nady went down that effected the bench. All of a sudden Swisher is starting.
    And when healthy no one on the bench is starting over Damon Jeter Teixeira Cano Posada Arod.
    You know Molina Nady/Swisher Pena will spot start. but will not take the place of every day guys.

Getting freaking clue....

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident
    I'm going to ignore most of the post because I see you have your mind made up and I don't have the time or patience to argue. Although you tell me I am wrong but don't tell me why I am wrong, just that I am wrong and you are 100% right.

All I can ask is this, what rotation isn't one pitcher away from being disastrous as you put it?

What more can you ask for from your GM then CC, Wang, AJ, Andy, and Joba, with Hughes waiting in the wings???

Should the Yankees be carrying 7 aces?

I have never in my life seen such absurd claims. To knock the Yankees rotation when on paper it is easily top 3 in the league, I can't help but to laugh.
    Huh????? Do you actually read the posts of those who respond but don't agree with you?

NYYF Legend

Huh????? Do you actually read the posts of those who respond but don't agree with you?
    Non answer much?

You say the rotation is one AJ injury away from being disastrous and I respond by saying that they have one of the best rotations money can buy and that any fan can ask for and you just go back with the personal insults.

Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Rocketbooster, I LOVE your optimism, but I'd like to see some talent to go along with that spunk. We are seriously flawed as a team and one look at the pen, bench, OF and defense will tell you that, and as I said, we are one AJ injury (please no!) from being a pretty bad team.
    Even though we lost all three games, I learn it for a few seconds and then let it go.

I don't prepare for the worst, I prepare for everything: winning, losing, triumph, heartbreak, rising to occasion, falling back to earth, the best, the worst, the works.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

NYYF Cy Young

I think we'll eventually figure out the bullpen. There's enough talent down there to have a good pen. But they shouldn't be out there for 12+ outs every game. There's a reason middle relievers are middle relievers.
    I have to return some videotapes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMick@ND
    I think we'll eventually figure out the bullpen. There's enough talent down there to have a good pen. But they shouldn't be out there for 12+ outs every game. There's a reason middle relievers are middle relievers.
    There's time to sort everything out, but use it properly and do it really well.

I mean we have talent, but use it properly.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.

Non answer much?

You say the rotation is one AJ injury away from being disastrous and I respond by saying that they have one of the best rotations money can buy and that any fan can ask for and you just go back with the personal insults.
    Please tell me where I attacked you other than having a different opinion? I never even mentioned you by name or attacked anyone else! My heavens, what on earth are you reading or not comprehending? You said you were going to ignore me and don't have the time to argue with me. What argument????

Without AJ, there's CC, Joba, and Pettitte. What has Joba proven for a full season and if Andy reverts to the tired Andy at the end of the season, what's left? What has Hughes proven at the major league level? If anything, Hughes has gone backwards. And this is the best rotation money can buy? "Buy" brings up another point - wasn't Cashman going to build a team where we don't have to "buy" players anyway.

Listen, if you can't take opposing views (same with your issues, responses and attacks of another member, JMGray), why put yourself through the angst of a baseball forum?

NYYF Legend

Without AJ, there's CC, Joba, and Pettitte. What has Joba proven yet and if Andy reverts to the tired Andy at the end of the season, what's left? What has Hughes proven at the major league level? And this is the best rotation money can buy? "Buy" brings up another point - wasn't Cashman going to build a team where we don't have to "buy" players anyway.

Listen, if you can't take opposing views (same with your issues, responses and attacks of another member, JMGray), why put yourself through the angst of a baseball forum?
    I have no problem with opposing views but if someone is going to present opinions it is nice to back them up with some reasoning. It is very easy to say we suck, this sucks, that sucks, but not say why it sucks.

Your claim that the rotation is one injury away from disaster wasn't really as simple as you made it seem.

What you are actually saying is that if AJ gets injured and if Andy starts pitching with a tired arm like he did last year, and if Joba struggles all season, then the rotation would be disastrous, and yea if all that stuff happened I would have no choice but to agree with you.

But in all fairness don't you think you are being incredibly negative to assume that everything that can go wrong will go wrong?

Also, I specifically brought up "money can buy" because I knew you would jump on that and attack Cashman for having the nerve to go out and sign the best players available, which is pretty standard for posters looking to just a rise out of others.

Lastly, as far as you accusing me of attacking a poster, I have posted here for years without complaints and my attacks are on the content of a post, not the posters. If not to disagree and discuss, what is the point of the message board?

And also, before you accuse me of attacking your pal JMGray, you should read the post in which he accuses me of living in Yemen for the past 5 years because I had the nerve to disagree with him.

What I said to him is that he shouldn't insult people while he posts, it would be far less childish that way.

I have no problem with opposing views but if someone is going to present opinions it is nice to back them up with some reasoning. It is very easy to say we suck, this sucks, that sucks, but not say why it sucks.

Your claim that the rotation is one injury away from disaster wasn't really as simple as you made it seem.

What you are actually saying is that if AJ gets injured and if Andy starts pitching with a tired arm like he did last year, and if Joba struggles all season, then the rotation would be disastrous, and yea if all that stuff happened I would have no choice but to agree with you.

But in all fairness don't you think you are being incredibly negative to assume that everything that can go wrong will go wrong?

Also, I specifically brought up "money can buy" because I knew you would jump on that and attack Cashman for having the nerve to go out and sign the best players available, which is pretty standard for posters looking to just a rise out of others.

Lastly, as far as you accusing me of attacking a poster, I have posted here for years without complaints and my attacks are on the content of a post, not the posters. If not to disagree and discuss, what is the point of the message board?
    Maybe we misunderstood one another, but I by no means was trying to attack you, and if it seemed that way, I apologize.

What I'm saying is that there is no empirical evidence that Joba will be the stud for a full season that you and I PRAY he will be. No knock on him, just a fact. Maybe he will to our delight.

And I'm just saying that given Pettitte's age and how he pitched at the end of last season, we have to be cautiously optimistic. Wang troubles me and Hughes has taken a few steps backwards, plus he seems to be injury prone. That leaves us with CC, who I think will pitch great, and a few, serious question marks, especially if AJ doesn't hold up. Better than last year, indeed, if all things go right!

But the pen, the OF, the bench and our overall defense worries me, so all things are going to have to go right with our starters, IMO.

NYYF Legend

Maybe we misunderstood one another, but I by no means was trying to attack you, and if it seemed that way, I apologize.

What I'm saying is that there is no empirical evidence that Joba will be the stud for a full season that you and I PRAY he will be. No knock on him, just a fact. Maybe he will to our delight.

And I'm just saying that given Pettitte's age and how he pitched at the end of last season, we have to be cautiously optimistic. Wang troubles me and Hughes has taken a few steps backwards, plus he seems to be injury prone. That leaves us with CC, who I think will pitch great, and a few, serious question marks, especially if AJ doesn't hold up. Better than last year, indeed, if all things go right!
    It is easy to think that way, and to be negative, and you have every right to do that. I guess I just fundamentally try and be positive about things. I just hope that AJ stays healthy, Andy's arm holds up, and Joba begins to pitch better as a SP. Not to mention Wang turning the corner and CC settling down.

It is easy to think that way, and to be negative, and you have every right to do that. I guess I just fundamentally try and be positive about things. I just hope that AJ stays healthy, Andy's arm holds up, and Joba begins to pitch better as a SP. Not to mention Wang turning the corner and CC settling down.
    I choose to call it being realistic.

Hey, New Yorkers are cynical by nature.

I'm pissed off as well and I'm itching to challenge everyone, but I do have to kill myself trying to tell everyone to be positive and .................

I can yell at everyone and ................ including the Yankee club to play better, but it's out of my hands. It's up to them to make it happen.

NYYFans.com Director of Media knickfan23's Avatar

Is everyone ready for some football?
    Saturday MLB on FOX blackouts - If you don't know how to spoof your IP address, you are missing out on the fun.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23
    It's the Kyle Orton era for me so...we did get Knowshon I guess so...
    I have to return some videotapes.

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23
    I'm ready for any type of football, soccer, hockey, basketball, lacrosse, etc.

First time, long time Stashed_in_the_South's Avatar

I expected to see some crap in here, and it's here.

This is simply too small a sample size to propogate out toward a full season.

Rivera blew a save badly; will happen once in a while (just as this one did seeing as he had a 0.00 ERA before this BS). Burnett gave up a lot of runs after he had a huge lead. That's happened before. To aces. Ellsbury stole home. That's happened before.

The idea that it happened in three games brings up the "Doomed" thing, that's all.
    You can not be serious.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma
    i know man and your right, but you dont think that something drastic has to happen to this team, in a good/shocking, jump start kinda way? too many guys are biting the injury bug or not doing their job. i mean whats it gonna take for this team to be where theyre were projected to be during the whole offseason. its starting to feel like the 08 tigers. they were supposed to be great and everything but sucked, its still early though, i know
    Here's the thing though. No matter what you do. No matter who the GM is be it Giardi or Torre or god. There's still gonna be injuries. If we get a new GM today there's still gonna be some injuries. You just want them to play like they do early in the season. I can understand that.

And some of your ideas are good but let's see what Hughes does on Tuesday before throwing him in the rotation. And let's see how long it takes Bruney to come back. Joba would be an 8th inning guy. From what I have seen Bruney makes a pretty good 8th inning guy. If Bruney's out for for the season(God I hope not) or he's not as good as he was when he comes back and Hughes is doing good as a starter then that might be a good idea.

And I'm not trying to bash you or nothin I'm just curious who do you expect to get bullpen wise for Melky?
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Addicted Member

I never liked this thread and this is my first post. Yes, I do read it. But never thought I would post here. Not me.

Disgusted with the weekend series. Even A Rod return can not turn this team around. We really need a long reliever and mental toughness to get key hits. I know Kevin has done a great job with Cano over the Winter. I know these are PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS. But they suck RISP. Gardner got a sac, yesterday, and the previous day were like automatic outs.

Can we move back to the old stadium? Can we change hats? Can we trade Damon (partial trade in contract)? Can we bring back O'Neill to smack some heads? Can we burn a BoSox fan on the mound?

I feel Doomed.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky
    I never liked this thread and this is my first post. Yes, I do read it. But never thought I would post here. Not me.

Disgusted with the weekend series. Even A Rod return can not turn this team around. We really need a long reliever and mental toughness to get key hits. I know Kevin has done a great job with Cano over the Winter. I know these are PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS. But they suck RISP. Gardner got a sac, yesterday, and the previous day were like automatic outs.

Can we move back to the old stadium? Can we change hats? Can we trade Damon (partial trade in contract)? Can we bring back O'Neill to smack some heads? Can we burn a BoSox fan on the mound?

I feel Doomed.
    This is my first post on this thread too. Stealing home was enough to make me turn the @#!$ game off. I only get to see a handful of NY games all season and so far, they've been the kind that makes you want to hide all the sharp objects in the house from yourself. I know.....it's April, but it's still a good idea to keep a barf bag handy.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

mmmm, Young Pitchers justinvarnes's Avatar

No A-Rod

Tex is a slow starter

CC is a slow starter

Wang has not fully recovered from his injury and has pitched worse than if I had started in his place.

And yet the Yankees are 4 games behind a red hot Blue Jays team and 3 behind a red hot Red Sox team (winners of 10 straight).

Come May, the Yankees will have their best player back, Tex and CC will follow their career path of heating up after a slow April and either Wang will get fixed, or Hughes will take over that spot.

Toronto will come back to Earth, and the Red Sox will slow down.

Oh wait...wrong thread...
    Anonymous internet thread posters say the darndest things.

Quote Originally Posted by justinvarnes
    No A-Rod

Tex is a slow starter

CC is a slow starter

Wang has not fully recovered from his injury and has pitched worse than if I had started in his place.

And yet the Yankees are 4 games behind a red hot Blue Jays team and 3 behind a red hot Red Sox team (winners of 10 straight).

Come May, the Yankees will have their best player back, Tex and CC will follow their career path of heating up after a slow April and either Wang will get fixed, or Hughes will take over that spot.

well, Toronto will come back to earth, not so sure about the Sox.

see, here's the problems I have with this-

Sabathia was 6-8 with a 3.83 ERA in the AL last year. The Sox have always hit him well, not to mention the fact that he's been a bust in the postseason in both leagues. His entire season last year was built on his time in the NL. The only real team he faced was the Cubs, and they beat him twice. With Teixiera...sure, he's a GG firstbaseman, but he hit 36 home runs and drove in 121 runs last year. Giambi hit 32 and drove in 96...pretty much a wash there. Abreu is an onbase machine, a guy you could pencil in for 20 SBs, 20 HRs, and 100 RBI on top of being an outstanding defensive OFer, and the Yankees let him walk to experiment with Nady in right.

However, the biggest issue is this- Cash is completely clueless when it comes to building a bullpen, and you win with a bullpen. The Sox have, at this point in the season, the deepest, most talented bullpen in the majors. They have a great closer, a guy who was a great closer before he got hurt and seems to be slowly getting it back, 2 guys with the stuff to be closers, a bunch of situational guys, and, when Masterson is out there, a guy who is capable of giving them shutdown long relief. Besides Rivera, what do the Yankees have...seriously? Sure, Bruney has shown potential, Coke has shown some flahes, and Mo is still Mo, but do you honestly think this team is going anywhere with this bullpen as constructed? CC ain't going out there and throwing complete game shutouts against the Sox, O's, and Rays' offenses. Something's gotta change and change quick if this team wants to seriously consider itself a championship contender this year.

Quote Originally Posted by justinvarnes
    No A-Rod

Tex is a slow starter

CC is a slow starter

Damn straight. The only thing that the really bugs me about this team right now is some of Girardi's decisions during this season so far......

Thread Information