+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Cooperstown

  1. #1
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Cooperstown

    I am going to Cooperstown tomorrow for 4 days. Does anyone know of a place there with wireless internet?
    Life is good!

  2. #2

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I am going to Cooperstown tomorrow for 4 days. Does anyone know of a place there with wireless internet?
    http://www.realadventures.com/listings/1118530.htm

    http://www.cooperstown.net/bayside/

    http://www.cooperstownchamber.org/VG...5-2006_60.html

    http://www.cooperstown.com/scripts/f...tsearch=Motels

    Good luck and have fun.

  3. #3
    NYYF Legend

    DontHateOnNumber2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I am going to Cooperstown tomorrow for 4 days. Does anyone know of a place there with wireless internet?
    I've never been there so I can't really answer your question, but I actually have a question for you. Are you looking for wireless internet access so that you can tell us about how your trip is going on NYYFans.com?
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

    teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

  4. #4
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    I've never been there so I can't really answer your question, but I actually have a question for you. Are you looking for wireless internet access so that you can tell us about how your trip is going on NYYFans.com?
    He wants make sure he can still look at porn in the hotel room. Silly. Baseball history and porn. Talk about an exciting vacation.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    In Mo I Trust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somerville, MA

    Re: Cooperstown

    Have fun, I want to make it up there again this summer.

  6. #6
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Westchester-ish

    Re: Cooperstown

    Check jiwire.com or wi-fihotspotlist.com

  7. #7
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Cooperstown

    I've never been.

  8. #8
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    I've never been.
    You have to make the trip dude. I've made the trip 3 times and would still go back. So much stuff to see.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  9. #9

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    I've never been.
    me neither... I really wanna go.
    "And I wonder, when I sing along with you. If everything
    could ever feel this real forever. If anything could ever be this good again."

  10. #10

    Re: Cooperstown

    The BBHOF is great, I went 2x and cant wait to go back. I liked the old ballpark section.

  11. #11

    Re: Cooperstown

    I live about 60 miles away and haven't been there since I was 11.

  12. #12
    Where my Pitches at? Arod for President's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Newburgh, NY

    Re: Cooperstown

    Cooperstown is a great little town. I went to school in Oneonta which was like 20 minutes from there. 4 days seems like a long time for such a small town but im sure you will have a blast at the HOF. Great local beer/ brewery selections too... check out Old Slugger and Ommegang while your there.

  13. #13
    Bleeding Blue YankeeGalSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: Cooperstown

    For the 4th of July holiday we will heading to my in-laws who live only about 20 mins from there. I have been to the BBHOF only once and for about half a day. I would really like to go back. I will probably wait until another time since it will probably be too crowded.
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

  14. #14
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    West Nyack New York

    Re: Cooperstown

    I remember when I went as a kid about 11 years old there was a baseball bat that a guy used his whole career(1 bat his whole time in the league.). I try to find it again when I went about 10 years ago I didn't see it.. I plan a trip this summer or in October … I would say you need at least a day and to see the place… But they were working on it last time it was there…. I found going in the evening a few hours before it close was really the best time to see allot of stuff.... There is a small theater that you watch a movie .. Watch for the ken griffey catch in Yankee stadium

  15. #15
    Ooo - RAH! PalmerGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southwestern GA

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I am going to Cooperstown tomorrow for 4 days. Does anyone know of a place there with wireless internet?
    No, but I could probably use the internet and find out. Have a great time GR.
    Thanks for the memories, George. You made the Yankees what they are today... Champions!

  16. #16
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    I've never been there so I can't really answer your question, but I actually have a question for you. Are you looking for wireless internet access so that you can tell us about how your trip is going on NYYFans.com?
    I would come on here on occasion, but also just to get on for e-mail, etc.
    Life is good!

  17. #17
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    He wants make sure he can still look at porn in the hotel room. Silly. Baseball history and porn. Talk about an exciting vacation.
    There we go. Could you let me in on a few good sites?
    Life is good!

  18. #18
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Cooperstown

    I've been there 3 times myself, but not since they renovated the third floor a few years ago. Most impressive thing for me is the bat Babe Ruth used to call his famous 1932 WS homer. Also a game ball used by Cy Young for his 500th career win. I understand Archer was at that game, he can tell you about it!
    Life is good!

  19. #19
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I've been there 3 times myself, but not since they renovated the third floor a few years ago. Most impressive thing for me is the bat Babe Ruth used to call his famous 1932 WS homer. Also a game ball used by Cy Young for his 500th career win. I understand Archer was at that game, he can tell you about it!
    My favorite display is the Ted Williams one with the balls that are arranged in the strike zone showing his batting average in each spot.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  20. #20
    NYYF Cy Young

    DABSY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Upstate New York.. Till the City calls my name :)

    Re: Cooperstown

    If youre looking for wireless internet access in cooperstown there are a couple of ways to get it.But when are you going to use it??? Staying in hotel or out and about??? If you were staying in a hotel Im sure Some of the hotels in downtown albany have wireless internet connections and albany isnt that far away from cooperstown about 40 minutes by car with traffic If you need a breif connection to the internet you wont even need a computer just go to crossgates mall and check your mail perhaps even Suny albany which is right on route 20 which btw is the same route i use to go out to cooperstown but there are plenty of areas where you can get a signal from there... It really depends on how long youre gonna be on the internet. If you need directions to cooperstown i could help you with that as well..

    Dabsy
    Paul
    Today's Game Has been brought to you today By The letters "M", "V", and "P" and by the numbers 11, or 14...

    Carrying on the legacy of Centerfield.

  21. #21
    NYYFans Member Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    My favorite display is the Ted Williams one with the balls that are arranged in the strike zone showing his batting average in each spot.
    Yeah, that's awesome. For those that haven't seen it this is what it looks like:
    Attached Images

  22. #22
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael
    Yeah, that's awesome. For those that haven't seen it this is what it looks like:
    That is VERY cool. Thanks for sharing it. I can't wait to go to Cooperstown someday.

  23. #23
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by DABSY
    If youre looking for wireless internet access in cooperstown there are a couple of ways to get it.But when are you going to use it??? Staying in hotel or out and about??? If you were staying in a hotel Im sure Some of the hotels in downtown albany have wireless internet connections and albany isnt that far away from cooperstown about 40 minutes by car with traffic If you need a breif connection to the internet you wont even need a computer just go to crossgates mall and check your mail perhaps even Suny albany which is right on route 20 which btw is the same route i use to go out to cooperstown but there are plenty of areas where you can get a signal from there... It really depends on how long youre gonna be on the internet. If you need directions to cooperstown i could help you with that as well..

    Dabsy
    Paul
    Getting there isn't a problem, been there 3 times, but I was looking internet connection within Cooperstown. Not a huge enough of a deal to go to Albany for.
    Life is good!

  24. #24
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    My favorite display is the Ted Williams one with the balls that are arranged in the strike zone showing his batting average in each spot.
    I remember that display very well. That is cool.
    Life is good!

  25. #25
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Cooperstown

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael
    Yeah, that's awesome. For those that haven't seen it this is what it looks like:
    Nice

    I remember standing next to it thinking he had the same strike zone I would. Then i'd look and wonder how he hit so well in half those spots.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts