+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 166
  1. #76
    Forum Regular
    dmbphan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Glastonbury, CT / Keene, NH

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by cmaff05
    I don't think Wright will dominate by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd say if he keeps pitching like this he's got a sure spot as a No.5 starter on the rotation.
    yea, maybe dominate was too strong of a word. have a sub 5 ERA and win 10 games is more along the lines of what I meant.

  2. #77
    NYYF Legend

    JeffWeaverFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan
    Huh...so I guess Torre's not an idiot. The Game Thread lied to me.
    Most people said if he was taken out without being hurt it would be a moronic move and either way, Proctor should never have come back out. Either way, I just hope he is okay - we need him.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

  3. #78
    NYYF Legend

    JeffWeaverFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by cmaff05
    I don't think Wright will dominate by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd say if he keeps pitching like this he's got a sure spot as a No.5 starter on the rotation.
    I'd say #4. RJ has the #5 right now.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

  4. #79

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    If he can win 12 games and post an ERA of 4.30 this season, I'd be more than happy.

  5. #80
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigCheese
    Don't get me wrong, Wright was awesome today, but I wouldn't go pinning my hopes to him... some of those outs today were hit pretty hard; a bit off the mark in either direction, and those would've been solid hits.

    We'll take what we can get, of course! Thanks!
    Rather have a ball hit hard at someone than a bloop off that scores the losing run. Point is, an out is an out and a hit is a hit....doesn't matter how hard or softly it was hit.

  6. #81
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    I'm lovin' Jaret for pitching so well last night - against the sox. We needed that win badly. Made my day.............

  7. #82

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Wright is pitching really good lately. With every start I am gaining more confidence in him.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

  8. #83

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    I'll tell you this: Carl Pavano should ask Jared Wright if he could have a couple of his testicles, because Wright has a whole sac full. He fears nothing and wants the ball.

    Hats off, man. I'll gladly ride this wave.

  9. #84

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    He pitched a solid game...hope the groin injury isn't too serious!
    Home of [URL="http://www.nysuperfan.com/allstga20it.html"]PRIDE IN PINSTRIPES[/URL]
    [U]
    [URL="http://www.nysuperfan.com/"]www.nysuperfan.com[/URL][/U] For NYC Sports Gear

    [URL="http://www.nysuperblog.com/"]www.nysuperblog.com[/URL] "A Blog For The NYC Sports Fan"

    2009..."The Empire Strikes Back"
    [U] [URL="http://www.nysuperfan.com"]
    [/URL][/U]

  10. #85
    can't pump his fist Mark19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Jaret has been a 3.5 ERA guy over the last month or so.

    I am starting to feel that he can be relied on as a legit #3 guy.

    I think our rotation for the rest of June has to be:

    Moose
    RJ
    Wright
    Wang
    Chacon
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.


    "They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

  11. #86

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    He also has a pretty darn high WHIP and OPS for that ERA (it's significantly higher than Wang, who have like .5 higher ERA.)

    Whatever gets the job done yes, but in reality unless Wang can not find consistency for most of the rest of the season I see little reason to belive Wright will be better than Wang in the longer run....

  12. #87

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave
    He also has a pretty darn high WHIP and OPS for that ERA (it's significantly higher than Wang, who have like .5 higher ERA.)

    Whatever gets the job done yes, but in reality unless Wang can not find consistency for most of the rest of the season I see little reason to belive Wright will be better than Wang in the longer run....
    I've noticed this too, but his other numbers are bloated by his early season numbers I think. He did give up 9 hits tonight, but no walks.

  13. #88

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Jaret pitched pretty good tonight, but can he please pitch more than 6.

  14. #89

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Wright vs Wang in May

    Wright 1.27 WHIP .333 SLG .300 OBP 3.25 ERA 27.2IP 3W 1L in 5 GS
    2.60 BB/9

    Wang 1.15 WHIP .351 SLG .289 OBP 4.28 ERA 40IP 4w 1 L in 6 GS
    1.80 BB/9
    Wang's WHIP is still better, OPS Wright has a mini 0.007 advantage.
    To sumerize they both pitched about the same, with Wang actually being far more consistent. (12.1 more IP with only 1 extra GS) the ERA difference pretty much sums up that a. Wright's been getting pretty lucky and b. Wang's struggle with guys on is getting pretty darn serious.

    In the end still the same conclusion, Wang has a consitency problem that if he can overcome, should be far more effective than Wright, whom is pitching well but not quiet as well as the end result have indicated resently.

  15. #90
    WS #27 Here We Come puckmaster87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New York, NY

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave
    Wright vs Wang in May

    Wright 1.27 WHIP .333 SLG .300 OBP 3.25 ERA 27.2IP 3W 1L in 5 GS
    2.60 BB/9

    Wang 1.15 WHIP .351 SLG .289 OBP 4.28 ERA 40IP 4w 1 L in 6 GS
    1.80 BB/9
    Wang's WHIP is still better, OPS Wright has a mini 0.007 advantage.
    To sumerize they both pitched about the same, with Wang actually being far more consistent. (12.1 more IP with only 1 extra GS) the ERA difference pretty much sums up that a. Wright's been getting pretty lucky and b. Wang's struggle with guys on is getting pretty darn serious.

    In the end still the same conclusion, Wang has a consitency problem that if he can overcome, should be far more effective than Wright, whom is pitching well but not quiet as well as the end result have indicated resently.
    Wang's problem seems to be working out of the stretch. His mechanics get all messed up. But when he's working from the windup, unless you figure out how to get a groundball through a hole, he's basically unhittable.
    Kudos to Wright's pitching lately and let's hope he can keep this up. It would be nice if he could go 6-7 innings on a consistent basis.

  16. #91

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    wright is a #5 at best.. with the money he gets i'm not sure how much "love" he really deserves..
    Kyle

  17. #92
    NYYF Legend

    Kluivert4Ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by KLJ
    wright is a #5 at best.. with the money he gets i'm not sure how much "love" he really deserves..
    The money he makes is not relevant, Steinbrenners Tampa connection gave it to him, what was he supposed to do, say no?

  18. #93

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
    The money he makes is not relevant, Steinbrenners Tampa connection gave it to him, what was he supposed to do, say no?
    Who cares about relevance, we're fans so if many of us don't care for Wright then so be it. Personally, I can't wait to see him gone after this year.
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

  19. #94
    Rick Cerone's #10 is retired! The Yankee Captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Washington DC

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    Who cares about relevance, we're fans so if many of us don't care for Wright then so be it. Personally, I can't wait to see him gone after this year.
    He's been pretty consistent for the past month, month and a half, right when we needed him. He dialed it up to 95 last night and has good movement on his FB. Curve, change not too shabby. I like his attitude on the mound. Why so much hate towards a guy wearing the pinstripes?

  20. #95
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Westchester-ish

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    Who cares about relevance, we're fans so if many of us don't care for Wright then so be it. Personally, I can't wait to see him gone after this year.
    Not so fast. With the way he is pitching, I would not count on him being bought out after this year. The FA pitching market is not that great and the team only saves $3 mil if they buy out his contract. There is still a lot of season left but if he continues as he has been, I expect to see him in pinstripes in 2007.

  21. #96

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yankee Captain
    He's been pretty consistent for the past month, month and a half, right when we needed him. He dialed it up to 95 last night and has good movement on his FB. Curve, change not too shabby. I like his attitude on the mound. Why so much hate towards a guy wearing the pinstripes?
    I don't like him as a pitcher and think he's an accident waiting to happen. I'm expecting him to fall on his face again sometime in the very near future. Furthermore, he's a strain on the bullpen. This is my opinion so disagree if you must.
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

  22. #97

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    Not so fast. With the way he is pitching, I would not count on him being bought out after this year. The FA pitching market is not that great and the team only saves $3 mil if they buy out his contract. There is still a lot of season left but if he continues as he has been, I expect to see him in pinstripes in 2007.
    If it happens then that's quite unfortunate.
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

  23. #98
    Member
    YanksRooter66's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Swamps of Northern Jersey

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Last night's performance should prove that small is the odd man out.
    [B][COLOR=#008000][IMG]http://graphics.collegesports.com/graphics/cso-oas-logo-50x34-nd.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://lfchosting.com/sportsfem/jets3.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]"To be Irish is to know that in the end the world will break your heart."[/B]

  24. #99
    NYYF MVP

    drjeckyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern NJ

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    Not so fast. With the way he is pitching, I would not count on him being bought out after this year. The FA pitching market is not that great and the team only saves $3 mil if they buy out his contract. There is still a lot of season left but if he continues as he has been, I expect to see him in pinstripes in 2007.
    Agreed.... A good year can go a long way toward negating a bad year...
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Verdana]Mastery is identifying the gap and filling it in.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

  25. #100
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Yanks4eva1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: Some Love for Wright!

    At this point, Wright is been consistently decent, not spectacular, but decent. His control is much better and there is movement on his pitches for sure. He's also gaining a bit more confidence each time he gets on the mound and that is obviously a positive. Now if he can only stay healthy, please dear God. We can ill-afford another injury.

    Dee
    “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible."

    "Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search." Prince

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts