+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Some Love for Wright!

Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan
    can we finally give the guy some love? he's pitched 4 solid games in a row.

hope he stays healthy and continues to do a good job.

Hopefully he can contuine to be a solid back of the rotation guy, because Pavano isn't gonna be back anytime soon. Anyway I'm of the opinion that Wright is a better pitcher than Pavano anyway.

He's done a nice job recently, and today, up until the top of the 7th, he looked tremendous.

I h8 Gehrig38

Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan
    can we finally give the guy some love? he's pitched 4 solid games in a row.

hope he stays healthy and continues to do a good job.

I agree with all you said here, especially if it helps get him traded. Especially for a decent/solid outfielder or even a prospect.
    "L.A. is fine but it aint home. New York's home but it aint mine no more" Neil Diamond (I am I said)

NYYF Legend

Mattpat? Anyone seen Mattpat?

Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

gotta give him some love, he threw in the 94-95 range today, hitting his spots, very well!, not spectacular but he has done his job.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    The truth is, yeah, sure he pitched well today, and a few games prior to this...but can you honestly say that you didn't expect a disaster every inning he went out there?
    Since when does your (or my, or anyone, really) having confidence in a pitcher have anything to do with recognition of decent outings?

And I will say that I didn't expect a disaster every inning... mostly because I think that would be a horrible way to have to go through a baseball game (never mind what that would seem to imply for the outlook on the rest of my life).

I'm not trying to blow sunshine up anyone's ass here... I guess making myself miserable about things I have no control over just ain't my bag.

NYYF MVP

I've been noticing Wright's improvement the last 4 times he's started. He got no run support today, another error from Cano and the final score might have been closer had Torre not brought in Tanyon Erickson.

Right now, IMO, our top pitchers line up this way: Mussina, Wang, Wright, Chacon and Gopher Ball Johnson. Pavano is always injured and doesn't look like he'll ever get to pitch as a Yankee again. So if Johnson comes around along with Dotel, I think we'll be in good shape if Wright can keep it up.
    [B]Rocky Colavito was a colorful ballplayer that I would love to see in the Hall of Fame. He had a rifle of an arm and hit 374 lifetime home runs, none of them with a corked bat, either. He finished his career as a member of the New York Yankees and retired the same year as Mickey Mantle.[/B]

NYYF MVP

I was very hard on Wright earlier this year, but I gotta give him some credit here. He's had 3 solid starts in a row, and has been doing everything expected of a 5th starter: keeping his team in the game. Major props to Wright and keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by DON'T KNOCK THE ROCK
    I've been noticing Wright's improvement the last 4 times he's started. He got no run support today, another error from Cano and the final score might have been closer had Torre not brought in Tanyon Erickson.

Right now, IMO, our top pitchers line up this way: Mussina, Wang, Wright, Chacon and Gopher Ball Johnson. Pavano is always injured and doesn't look like he'll ever get to pitch as a Yankee again. So if Johnson comes around along with Dotel, I think we'll be in good shape if Wright can keep it up.

Wright is right.
    Nice job! Go! Go! Wright!

wright pitched great today....mucho props and hope he keeps it up.

Thank god Wright is putting in solid performances - with Pavano being out even longer, it looks like Wright will be the #5 starter for a good while longer. Unless Clemens or another big name comes aboard sometime in the middle of the season, Wright could be the #5 starter for the whole season, depending on the seriousness of Pavano's injury.

Quote Originally Posted by DON'T KNOCK THE ROCK
    There has to be a better option in the minor leagues besides Erickson. He is absolutely awful - just as bad as Sturtze. Matt Smith should be brought up, at least we could see what we have in him - there is no way he is worse than Sturtze or Erickson. Anyway, when Dotel comes back, Erickson is gone, so I guess it doesn't make that big of a difference.

How far away is Dotel, btw?

I am going to give Torre credit.

He stuck with Wright, although partially out of necessity, and his patience is paying off.

Wright has always shown the fortitude that Pavano hasn't, not letting that streak of being hit by batted balls deter him, but now he is becoming a power pitcher again, and is doing so with command.

Guidry supposedly got him to go back to throwing his fastball with more velocity, so he deserves credit too.
    Fire Cashman!

Compared to Johnson and our other alleged starter Pavano....yeah he gets alot o' love
    [URL="http://www.myspace.com/vampireswonthurtme"]
    [/URL]

Kill that Shutter!!! ManilaYankee's Avatar

I hope Jaret keeps it Wright all the time...

Go Jaret! Show them the bulldog that you are...

\m/(-_-)\m/

Forum Regular

Wright's last 2 starts have been impressive.....he's had 3 good starts in 4 appearances (as a SP). Jaret Wright is a 6-inning pitcher (on his good days). Even with a low pitch count, I would have preferred to see a reliever brought in to start the 7th. Bringing Erickson, who has control problems, into a close game?? Scary.
    Stop trading our prospects.

Forum Regular

Wright's last 2 starts have been impressive.....he's had 3 good starts in 4 appearances (as a SP). Jaret Wright is a 6-inning pitcher (on his good days). Even with a low pitch count, I would have preferred to see a reliever brought in to start the 7th. Bringing Erickson, who has control problems, into a close game?? Scary.
    Stop trading our prospects.

Passion For Pinstripes mrmike98's Avatar

I will say this about Wright. He's got the head and heart to pitch in New York.

If he can maintain his health then The Yankees have a capable back of rotation man.

I'm looking forward to his next start.

I admit that I didn't expect Wright to pitch very well this season. But the past few starts he's proven me wrong. He's doing exactly what the team needs him to do and I hope he can keep it up!
    [URL="http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/"]http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/[/URL]

I do not post on NoMaas. That silverdsl is not this silverdsl.

Quote Originally Posted by silverdsl
    I admit that I didn't expect Wright to pitch very well this season. But the past few starts he's proven me wrong. He's doing exactly what the team needs him to do and I hope he can keep it up!
    Yeah me too. Pleasant surprise. As a matter of fact, his performances may warrant a bump up in the rotation from the 5th spot.... Well, let's say, I wouldn't be angry if he got bumped up.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    I am going to give Torre credit.

He stuck with Wright, although partially out of necessity, and his patience is paying off.

Wright has always shown the fortitude that Pavano hasn't, not letting that streak of being hit by batted balls deter him, but now he is becoming a power pitcher again, and is doing so with command.

Guidry supposedly got him to go back to throwing his fastball with more velocity, so he deserves credit too.
    i read somewhere that wright has been scared to throw his fastball at full strength due to his shoulder issues, but guidry told him to not worry about injury and just go after hitters with his best heat... and it seems to be paying off so far.
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Where my Pitches at? Arod for President's Avatar

Isnt it sad that I thought you meant David Wright before i thought of Jarred Wright!.. Thats how tired I am of this guy.. even if he given us 4 kinda good games

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

never thought I'd be saying this, but he has been pitching well of late.
    Life is good!

Wright is pitching good as of late, good for him.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Thread Information