+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Some Love for Wright!

can we finally give the guy some love? he's pitched 4 solid games in a row.

hope he stays healthy and continues to do a good job.

I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

Forum Regular

Re: Some Love for Wright!

I'll give him more love than Carl, for damn sure.
    It ain't much.

that's not fair...he's not just pitching but is pitching well.

He's done a hell of a job lately. Even though he hasn't been successful overall with the Yankees, I've been impressed with the way he's simply done what he's asked to do, with going to the pen, and given it his best effort. No complaints by him. Keep it up Jaret!

Quote Originally Posted by yankees27
    He's done a hell of a job lately. Even though he hasn't been successful overall with the Yankees, I've been impressed with the way he's simply done what he's asked to do, with going to the pen, and given it his best effort. Keep it up Jaret!
    4 good starts in a row...

and he's gone into the 6th...

he's done a good job and given some consistency this month.

Forum Regular

Wright is 1-3 with a 4.94 ERA.
    The rest of his line is =ly as impressive.

He needs to improve a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan
    4 good starts in a row...

and he's gone into the 6th...

he's done a good job and given some consistency this month.
    This start was light years ahead of anything he did this year or last year

The numbers really don't show how good he was for six innings

He was throwing in the mid 90s low in the zone with command and control. This was the Wright we thought we got after 2004.

Put it this way - this is the first time he's pitched on turn. I'm sure he's still a little behind the other starters - so maybe not quite at 100% stamina or arm strength

With Chacon dinged up, Wright is huge for us

Now if Unit can only give us a solid game

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.roy
    Wright is 1-3 with a 4.94 ERA.
    The rest of his line is =ly as impressive.

He needs to improve a whole lot more.
    most of the numbers are scewed by his first 2 appearances.

he's been very good over his last 4 starts.

you have to give him credit.

chacon also has a 5 era but prior to his last outing he has had 3-4 very good outings.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterfan
    This start was light years ahead of anything he did this year or last year

The numbers really don't show how good he was for six innings

He was throwing in the mid 90s low in the zone with command and control. This was the Wright we thought we got after 2004.

Put it this way - this is the first time he's pitched on turn. I'm sure he's still a little behind the other starters - so maybe not quite at 100% stamina or arm strength

With Chacon dinged up, Wright is huge for us

Now if Unit can only give us a solid game
    excellent points.

yes, nice work by wright. im hoping he keeps it up and proves me and a lot of other people wrong.

NYYF Legend

He gets no love from me....ever.
    Come on guys, you totally knew he was due to give up a bomb any given minute, even if he looked great the previous minute.
    Even those of you giving him credit, still definitely don't feel comfortable with him.
    He is one of the worst signings in recent Yankee history (right next to the other oft injured pitcher, Mr. Carl Pavano).

I was down on Wright for his first few starts (as was probably everybody).. but boy, has he proved me wrong in his last 3 to 4 starts. He's pitching great, and today he pitched the best I've seen him this year..I think Jaret's biggest problem now is that he doesn't get enough run support during his starts..if we gave him a three run cushion, I have no doubt he would have came away with the win.

Released Outright

Not only did he pitch a good game but he made some big pitches at crucial points in the game - the pitcher's equivalent of a clutch hit, I guess. I am happy for Wright as he seems like a nice guy. I loved when he said, after his first win of the season, "We all want to win...."

I am even happier for The Yankees. They need Wright to be the pitcher he was for Atlanta two years ago. The injuries we've suffered this year are almost catastrophic and for all intents and purposes Pavano is not pitching this season. A rotation of Johnson, Mussina, Wang, Chacon, & Wright is it. These guys have to step up if this team has a chance of competing in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    He gets no love from me....ever.
    Come on guys, you totally knew he was due to give up a bomb any given minute, even if he looked great the previous minute.
    Even those of you giving him credit, still definitely don't feel comfortable with him.
    He is one of the worst signings in recent Yankee history (right next to the other oft injured pitcher, Mr. Carl Pavano).
    You can't give some praise to a guy for whose last 3 starts have 6 IP 2 ER, 5 IP 2 ER, and 6 IP 3 ER. Part of how a team wins with injuries is having guys you don't expect to step up do well. Nobody expected this from and he very well may bomb in his next start. But he's given us three very solid starts in a row.

I don't mean to sound critical, but did any of Wright's critics WATCH today's game?

It was the best he's looked as a Yankee - last year and this year

AND - he's only had 4 starts. That puts a guy way behind the other starters

How can a pitcher have command and control when he pitches once every 10 days or so?

People just need to be reasonable here. Moose, Wright and Wang gave us outstanding starts

Chacon got bombed, but he was hurt. He probably was hurting during the Red Sox game as well after the Loretta liner

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankees27
    You can't give some praise to a guy for whose last 3 starts have 6 IP 2 ER, 5 IP 2 ER, and 6 IP 3 ER. Part of how a team wins with injuries is having guys you don't expect to step up do well. Nobody expected this from and he very well may bomb in his next start. But he's given us three very solid starts in a row.
    The truth is, yeah, sure he pitched well today, and a few games prior to this...but can you honestly say that you didn't expect a disaster every inning he went out there?

All I am saying is, I don't think we will be able to count on this guy at all.
    Watch him say tomorrow he hurt his shoulder today.
    I would love to feel confident in a pitcher we have, but he is not one I feel confident with. And if we have to count on this guy in order to win the AL east, I would surrender the division now.

Like Wang, I wish he'd strike out more guys, but great performance nontheless.

NYYF Legend

Well if nothing else, he's pitching better than our so-called "ace" right now.

NYYF Legend

The truth is, yeah, sure he pitched well today, and a few games prior to this...but can you honestly say that you didn't expect a disaster every inning he went out there?

All I am saying is, I don't think we will be able to count on this guy at all.
    Watch him say tomorrow he hurt his shoulder today.
    I would love to feel confident in a pitcher we have, but he is not one I feel confident with. And if we have to count on this guy in order to win the AL east, I would surrender the division now.
    Do you have any confidence when RJ is pitching?

Wright is piching alot better than RJ is right now and has put together four decent outings. I hope he continues to get stronger, with each start.
    “I love winning man! It’s like, better than LOSING!” ~ Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by WebsterMulligan
    Do you have any confidence when RJ is pitching?

Wright is piching alot better than RJ is right now and has put together four decent outings. I hope he continues to get stronger, with each start.
    Well of course RJ is pitching like crap, but I still think he can turn it on, on any given start. He has quite a track record (although he is pushing 43).
    Wright on the other hand has NO track record worth noting, and aside from his 2 decent years in the majors, he has been injured or horrific or both.

NYYF Legend

Well of course RJ is pitching like crap, but I still think he can turn it on, on any given start. He has quite a track record (although he is pushing 43).
    Wright on the other hand has NO track record worth noting, and aside from his 2 decent years in the majors, he has been injured or horrific or both.
    RJ is no longer the same pitcher who put up those HOF numbers. Given his age and the way he's looked of late, I believe he is nearing the end of the line.
    “I love winning man! It’s like, better than LOSING!” ~ Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh

Released Outright

Good grief. Of course he could implode at any minute but he is pitching well so far and deserves some appreciation for it. No one is saying he is our new ace or implying that he will keep this up all season. Just giving a little recognition for what he has done so far. Why does every thread here have to turn so negative so quickly?

NYYF Legend

I didn't mean to turn this into a negative thread.
    I was just being realistic - it's funny how this thread is calling for us to give love to Wright....after a game he got the loss in!

I don't want to hear anything about run support, it's his job to make sure he lets up less runs than his team has scored.

I must say he's been a pleasant surprise

While a 3.64 ERA the past 3 games isn't exactly mind blowing, I'll give him credit for putting together a few solid outings, something Old Man Johnson can't even do.

Well done there.

Thread Information