+ Reply to Thread
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

When and where does the Yanks-Sawx makeup game get played?

Presuming it hasn't been discussed in a dozen threads by now (John (JDPNYY), I see you searching away), when and where does it get played?

Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park?

Thx.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Re: When does the Yanks-Sawx makeup game get played?

August 18th. 1:05. Day/Night doubleheader.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

Re: When and where does the Yanks-Sawx makeup game get played?

August 18th? Geez, that's awhile away.

Where'd you read this?

EDIT:

Yanks-Red Sox rained out in Boston
    Game to be made up in August; Wright to start Wednesday

Tuesday's game has been tentatively rescheduled for Aug. 18 as part of a day-night doubleheader at Fenway Park. The Yankees and Red Sox are scheduled to play a four-game series that weekend, but that may now become a five-game set. An official decision on the schedule is expected later this week.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Actually its pretty ridiculous. The game will be played in the DH as mentioned above, but it will be added to a series that is already 4 games long in Boston. Thats right, the Yankees are now forced to play 5 games in Boston in August.

I have no clue why they cant just make one of the games upcoming during the 22-24 of May a DH. Putting 5 games in August in Boston gives the Sox a great advantage.
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

NYYF MVP

Not only do the Yanks have that 5 game series in August now, but after the series is over they have to go to the West coast and play Seattle and LA. Not a very easy part of the schedule.
    Statistics are a lot like bikinis, they show a lot, but not everything
    "God help the rest of baseball." - GM Brian Cashman

Its scheduled for the same day that MLB and Bud Selig give the Yankees the shaft
    I have no association with "TEPLimey" at nomaas. Apparently a very disturbed individual likes to get their rocks off on pretending they are me. Sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by TEPLimey
    Its scheduled for the same day that MLB and Bud Selig give the Yankees the shaft
    Isn't that EVERYDAY?!
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by TEPLimey
    Don't be silly. Only the umps give the Yanks the shaft.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by brosiusbuddy
    Actually its pretty ridiculous. The game will be played in the DH as mentioned above, but it will be added to a series that is already 4 games long in Boston. Thats right, the Yankees are now forced to play 5 games in Boston in August.

I have no clue why they cant just make one of the games upcoming during the 22-24 of May a DH. Putting 5 games in August in Boston gives the Sox a great advantage.
    I don't see why it's an advantage for the Sox at all. In all likelihood, the series will end up 3-2 one way or the other since it's ahrd to imagine 4-1 either way, much less a sweep. Honestly, it really hurts both teams, since 5 games in 4 days will really tax the pitching staffs, especially in the middle of a playoff race. Plus, both teams head to the West Coast immediately afterwards and I know the Sox don't have an off day until September 7th.

It makes no sense to me why they don't make this game up in May.
    The Curse
    9/4/18 - 10/27/04
    Don't act like you've been there before. Act like you can't wait to go back.

NYYF Legend

Great, a 5 game series up there. Ugh.
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

NYYF Cy Young

That series should give Boston a chance to get back in the AL East race
    I have to return some videotapes.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

why wait for August? Play the darned thing when we go back in 3 weeks.
    Life is good!

That series comes in the middle of a pretty long stretch with no days off for the yanks, 20 days. I know there are rules about how many days a team can play in a row - anyone know what the max is? 21 games in 20 straight days is a tough push. Particularly in the latter half of the season, particularly in august heat.

The rescheduling is pretty poor. I don't care if it hurts the Sox equally or whatever. The point is that it hurts the Yankees, and they're not exactly the youngest team in baseball. There are other series during which the game could be rescheduled. To create a 5 game series in August is just ludicrous.
    Studying for the USMLE Step 2 Exam, but still cheering hard for the Yankees.
    The reason Kei Igawa looked so good in Japan: [URL="http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html"]http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Saccomano
    The rescheduling is pretty poor. I don't care if it hurts the Sox equally or whatever. The point is that it hurts the Yankees, and they're not exactly the youngest team in baseball. There are other series during which the game could be rescheduled. To create a 5 game series in August is just ludicrous.
    Tell me about it. I went to last night's rainout. It was overcast the entire day, but I never thought that they wouldn't even try to play. We sat there for 20 minutes with NO RAIN and no baseball with no announcements from the stadium as to what was going on. I called my dad we told me there was a rain delay until 8 pm. Then at 7:20 it started to downpour and about 15 min later or so they finally announced that the game had been called.

Pretty bad treatment of the fans if you ask me. Why not even make an announcement as we sit there like fools for 20 min? You'd almost think they knew well in advance that this game wasn't going to be played, in that case just call it alot sooner instead of making everyone go there for nothing!

It blows that we have to wait all the way until August when we were all pumped to see a Yanks-Sox game in early May. Now I have to get people from different shifts at work to switch with me just so I can go on Aug 18th.

One more thing, with all the $ MLB ranks, I think every stadium should have a retractable roof like in Toronto. This is 2006 and the weather shouldn't be such a factor, it's ridiculous. They need to build a new stadium in Boston since it's capacity is only about 42,000. No wonder why it's impossible to get Yanks-Sox tickets; that I had to pay 5x over face value for a bleacher seat. The average person gets screwed while the man keeps laughing all the way to the bank!

Thread Information