+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 96
  1. #1

    Skipping Chacon's turn

    How does everyone else feel about the Yanks skipping Shawn Chacon's turn in the rotation? I think its a bad move, because Shawn has been very, very good in his last few starts. I know Wright pitched good enough to win last Friday, but still, I think he should be the one getting skipped over. The Yankees need Shawn Chacon more than they need Jaret Wright.

  2. #2
    Lets Get This Dog To Hunt! 51BWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Central NY

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Chacon is getting his groove on as of late, no way should he be skipped.
    (Disclaimer: This post not subject to the irony of statements like 'Be careful what you wish for'. I will not be bitten in the ass without prior written consent)

  3. #3
    Kill that Shutter!!! ManilaYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pearl of the Orients

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    I just hope he shakes off his rust by coming out of the pen in the next few games... I would have preferred Chaq over Wright...
    \m/(-_-)\m/

  4. #4
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    I thought you guys were joking or something. This is actually true? In what universe does Torre think Wright is a better option than Chacon? It's ridiculous.

  5. #5
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    This is the Right move because it lines up RJ, Moose and Chacon for the Red Sox next week. Otherwise, Wright would have to pitch against Boston. Also, Wright was going to pitch this week anyway, and I'd rather see Chacon face Texas than Jaret.

    So I don't see this as skipping Chacon, since he will pitch this weekend. This lines things up better for Boston.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  6. #6
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Setauket, NY

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain
    This is the Right move because it lines up RJ, Moose and Chacon for the Red Sox next week. Otherwise, Wright would have to pitch against Boston. Also, Wright was going to pitch this week anyway, and I'd rather see Chacon face Texas than Jaret.

    So I don't see this as skipping Chacon, since he will pitch this weekend. This lines things up better for Boston.
    uh

    WED: Wright
    THU: RJ
    FRI: Moose
    SAT: Wang
    SUN: Chacon
    OFF
    TUE: RJ
    WED: Moose
    THU: Wang

    how is that good for Chacon? giving him a ton of extra rest isnt good for him, hell let him pitch on shortish rest on sunday if they have to.

    this is retarded

  7. #7
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by 38Special
    uh

    WED: Wright
    THU: RJ
    FRI: Moose
    SAT: Wang
    SUN: Chacon
    OFF
    TUE: RJ
    WED: Moose
    THU: Wang

    how is that good for Chacon? giving him a ton of extra rest isnt good for him, hell let him pitch on shortish rest on sunday if they have to.

    this is retarded
    No - Chacon will pitch against the Sox. This isn't "retarded," it's a rare good move by Joe - happens once in awhile. wang pitches Sunday, not Saturday
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  8. #8
    FormerlyKnownAsMHHL FormerlyKnownAsMHHL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    the island

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    People should learn all the facts before making claims. If they didn't do this, when Wright pitched against Boston everyone would be bitching.

  9. #9
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Setauket, NY

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain
    No - Chacon will pitch against the Sox. This isn't "retarded," it's a rare good move by Joe - happens once in awhile. wang pitches Sunday, not Saturday
    the rotation is RJ, Moose, Wang, Chacon, Wright. What did i do wrong? Joe is adjusting the rotation putting Chacon there on saturday and Wang on sunday. If they had just done it normally...

    WED: Chacon
    THU: RJ
    FRI: Moose
    SAT: Wang
    SUN: Wright or whomever
    OFF
    TUE: RJ
    WED: Moose
    THU: Chacon or Wang

    There's no scenario where Wright would have pitched against Boston

  10. #10

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Cut wright

  11. #11

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by 38Special
    uh

    WED: Wright
    THU: RJ
    FRI: Moose
    SAT: Wang
    SUN: Chacon
    OFF
    TUE: RJ
    WED: Moose
    THU: Wang

    how is that good for Chacon? giving him a ton of extra rest isnt good for him, hell let him pitch on shortish rest on sunday if they have to.

    this is retarded
    Chacon will pitch Saturday, not Sunday. Wang will be moved back a day.

    Wright has already been skipped or pushed back twice before, so I'd guess Torre wanted to avoid a third time. Sooner or later, he needs to find out if Wright is going to be able to contribute, otherwise it's Aaron Small time. I'm not sure the Sox series had anything to do with it. I doubt Torre is scrambling his rotation for a series with the Sox in early May.

  12. #12

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiker101
    I doubt Torre is scrambling his rotation for a series with the Sox in early May.
    It seems as if he is only b/c of the Wang/Chacon flip in the Texas series. And it is a good move. Wang just faced the Sox and wasn't very successful (though he wasn't awful either), so Joe is right in giving Chacon his chance to face them.
    Congratulations Mike Mussina on your 20th win!

  13. #13
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Setauket, NY

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiker101
    Wright has already been skipped or pushed back twice before, so I'd guess Torre wanted to avoid a third time.
    Chacon is one of our starting pitchers. Wright is a ................ty pitcher who anyone with a brain would know is going to fail at this point. Why would we give Chacon a ton of extra rest at this point? He didnt benefit from this happening earlier in the year anyway

  14. #14
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by 38Special
    Chacon is one of our starting pitchers. Wright is a ................ty pitcher who anyone with a brain would know is going to fail at this point. Why would we give Chacon a ton of extra rest at this point? He didnt benefit from this happening earlier in the year anyway
    38...another reason why you are wrong here is if Chacon were to pitch tonight, then he wouldn't pitch until next thursday, since they are not going to screw with RJ and Moose's turns...If you got your way, Chacon would have 8 days rest going into the Sox series; this way he pitches on 4 days rest going into the Boston series.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  15. #15

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by 38Special
    Chacon is one of our starting pitchers. Wright is a ................ty pitcher who anyone with a brain would know is going to fail at this point. Why would we give Chacon a ton of extra rest at this point? He didnt benefit from this happening earlier in the year anyway
    The Yanks are going to need a fifth starter. Torre needs to find one. I personally doubt it's going to be Wright, but because of injury issues he gets the first crack at it. It's not an ideal situation but the manager's job is the make the most of whatever problems arise. Look at it this way, when Wright fails miserably tonight, it'll mean he's that much closer to being DFA'd which seems to be everyone's fondest desire around here.

  16. #16

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by suha
    It seems as if he is only b/c of the Wang/Chacon flip in the Texas series. And it is a good move. Wang just faced the Sox and wasn't very successful (though he wasn't awful either), so Joe is right in giving Chacon his chance to face them.
    I agree with you that it's preferable to have Chacon rather than Wang face the Sox next week, but I think Torre's reshuffling here is more about keeping his two aces on regular work and doing so with the minimal amount of fiddling with the other three members of the (current) rotation.

  17. #17

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Chacon needs to start on a consistant basis, look at his track record this year. He was skipped earlier and came out of the pen, then started and pitched like crap. He was starting to get into a groove, dont mess with a good thing. Is Wright starting so they can justify the 7mill/year he is getting. I know its early but wouldnt RJ & Moose benefit from an extra day?

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    For those of you who don't mind hearing the official story ...
    Wright, who has made just two starts this season, flew ahead to Tampa on Tuesday. In his last start, Wright allowed four runs in five innings, showing a little more consistency than he had in his first two appearances of the season.

    ... [Torre said] "[Wright] pitched well last time, so I want to see two starts in a row, see if we can get something going with him."

    Chacon's next start will come on Saturday in Texas, as the Yankees didn't want to push Randy Johnson and Mike Mussina, who are scheduled to start Thursday and Friday, back beyond their regular five-day schedule.

    "We don't want to mess with Randy and Moose," Torre said. "Later in the year, when the extra day may have helped, it probably would have been easier to work it. Right now, Moose had his throw day today, which sets him up to pitch on the fifth day."
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

  19. #19
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Setauket, NY

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    RJ and Moose wouldnt be off their schedule YOU JUST SKIP WRIGHT

  20. #20
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Setauket, NY

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain
    38...another reason why you are wrong here is if Chacon were to pitch tonight, then he wouldn't pitch until next thursday, since they are not going to screw with RJ and Moose's turns...If you got your way, Chacon would have 8 days rest going into the Sox series; this way he pitches on 4 days rest going into the Boston series.
    Wrong, he could just as easily pitch on one day's less rest. It's certainly better than the 500 days of rest he has now and a start of ................ty ................ing wright

  21. #21
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Quote Originally Posted by 38Special
    Wrong, he could just as easily pitch on one day's less rest. It's certainly better than the 500 days of rest he has now and a start of ................ty ................ing wright
    Now you want to pitch Chacon on short rest, in early May, when we're dealing with tons of off days and a rain out...Geez....

    As far as Wright being ...........ty. At least he is out there trying, unlike your buddy Pavano.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  22. #22
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Setauket, NY

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Oh wow, shots at Pavano. How infantile!

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    TheBamTino24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    161st & River Ave.

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    I'd like to see Chacon stay in line, but the bigger issue is keeping Johnson, Mussina and Wang on their regular rest. If that means skipping Wright, so be it.
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

  24. #24
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Poconos, PA

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Joe Torre is pissing me off more and more lately. Forgetting the fact that Jarrett Wright is absolutley worthless, why would he disrupt the recent momentum Chacon has been generating?
    I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.
    - Billy Martin

  25. #25

    Re: Skipping Chacon's turn

    Come on Joe get your head in the game. Wright should be skipped, not Chacon. How many games are you going to cost the Yankees??????
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts