+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar

Re: More Sportsline nonsense...

WOW what a great Jeter analysis. The more they try to add to Sportsline the more they mess up. We should have the 20 owners in this league write for sportsline. It would be more intelligent.
    2013 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball : Miko's Marauders
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2012 Gehrig Division Champs!!!
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champjon

Rest in Peace Pete!

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

I was more surprised by the 71 point prediction they made for Castro next week
    Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

Ted Lilly: "took a no-hitter into the sixth", "only allowed two earned runs", "did not walk a batter over seven innings", "pitched well enough to win", "best start since April 24" and finished with 16 points..

And that, boys and girls, gets you a little blue flag.

Meanwhile Carlos Pena has one hit and no RBI in May and just finally got a blue flag last night.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Robert Nesta Marley

From the "We Hate Kyle Davies" Department:

Kyle Davies
    SP | # 34 | Kansas City | Eligibility: SP
    Height/Weight: 6-1/210 | Age: 27 (09/09/1983) | Bats/Throws: R/R

Royals SP Kyle Davies was his usual ineffective self on Wednesday afternoon against the Twins, allowing five runs on 10 hits over five innings, but thanks to a boatload of offensive help Davies picked up his first win of the season as Kansas City emerged as 10-6 victors. Davies struck out four and walked one.
    (Updated 04/13/2011).

Fantasy Analysis
    Davies is now 1-1 on the season with a 9.00 ERA through three starts, and it looks like a third straight campaign with an ERA above five is in the cards for the 27-year-old. In Fantasy Week 3 (April 18-24), Davies is scheduled to get two starts, against Cleveland and Texas. He was 0-2 with a 5.19 ERA in three starts against the Indians last season and 0-1 with an 8.03 ERA in two starts vs. the Rangers. Davies remains one of the last resorts in deeper AL-only leagues.

From Adam Dunn's player page

Dunn hasn't seemed to be the same played since he underwent an appendectomy during the first week of the season. The 31-year-old was 7 for 61 at the plate over his previous 17 games, and started at first Saturday in an attempt to kick-start his production. He has just two homers this season and has not gone deep since April 15 against the Angels. However, that power should resurface after blasting at least 38 homers in his last seven games. Keep him active in all Fantasy formats.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    yeah, i have dunn in another league and it's amazing how I jumped to the top of the standings thanks to his 38 HR last week. :rolleyes:

My all-struggles offense (all on one fantasy team):

Carlos Lee (.207 BA)
    Derek Jeter (.242 BA)
    Brett Gardner (.200 BA)
    Nick Swisher (.218 BA)
    Adam Dunn (.171 BA)

while on the bench:

Chone Figgins (.206 BA)
    Michael Morse (.211 BA)
    Austin Jackson (.194 BA)

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

I'd be pretty confident that Dunn and Swisher are going to get back to normal. I know how you feel though. Last year I was riddled with slumps and down years on one of my teams. And every one of the players I had are tearing it up this year which is all the more frustrating. (Haren, Kemp, and Berkman just to name a few)

I'd be pretty confident that Dunn and Swisher are going to get back to normal. I know how you feel though. Last year I was riddled with slumps and down years on one of my teams. And every one of the players I had are tearing it up this year which is all the more frustrating. (Haren, Kemp, and Berkman just to name a few)
    Well, I hope they all get back to normal. With tough luck on the bench too, I have no choice but to wait out the slow starts...Lee needs to get me 25+ HR, with 85+ RBI to go with a decent avg; Gardner can have almost as many HR as SB, but only if he gets to 45 SB (4 SB doesn't cut it...)

Thank goodness I am in 1st or 2nd in every pitching category or I'd be having a record bad season...

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Sounds like Thome has been instructing him.

NYYF HOF

Braves 1B Jason Heyward offensive woes continued during Saturday night's 3-0 loss to the Phillies. Heyward, who entered the contest batting .239, was held hitless in four at-bats during the defeat. He is now batting .239 on the season and has yet to drive in a run during May.
    (Updated 05/08/2011).

that 0-4 really killed his average, he really needs to step it up if he wants to compete with other 1B in the league....

Chase Utley: Mario Brother

News: Phillies 2B Chase Utley (knee) went 1 for 7 in his second extended spring training game on Monday afternoon. He went 5 for 7 with a pair of homers in his first action on Saturday. On Monday, Utley played four innings defensively. “It was a good,” Utley said

NYYF HOF

From the Shane Victorino Player Page:

Fantasy Analysis
    You would think with Victorino's upcoming DL stint and Ben Francisco's struggles in right field that uber prospect Domonic Brown is on his way to the DL, but Amaro added that he is not expected to recall Brown just yet.

....nope CBS, that's not what one would think

This isn't from CBS, it's from Yahoo, but I thought it was pretty funny. Stephen Drew sat today and I was wondering why.

Sun, May 22 Drew will sit Sunday against the Twins in favor of Willie Bloomquist, the Diamondbacks official site reports.

Recommendation: It's important, obviously, to get Willie Bloomquist's bat into the lineup whenever possible.
    (Rotowire.com)

NYYF HOF

From the Matt Harvey Player Page....

ESPN.com reports that Mets pitching prospect Matt Harvey is likely to be promoted to Double-A Binghamton around June 1. Harvey has posted a 2.61 ERA over 41 1/3 innings with 46 strikeouts and 15 walks at Class A St. Lucie.
    (Updated 05/21/2011).
    Fantasy Analysis
    Harvey is elevating quickly through the Mets system after being selected seventh overall in the 2020 draft. He could compete for a spot in the Mets' rotation as early as next season.

....The Force are proud of their solid addition from the 2020 draft.

You surely have 20/20 vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    You surely have 20/20 vision.

Jason Giambi's player page
    Giambi was hit by a pitch on his elbow Tuesday but has pinch-hit twice since then and appears to be fine moving forward. He broke out on May 19 with three homers and seven RBI, but now that Tood Helton is healthy again, he stands to see little playing time going forward. Continue to view Giambi as a low-end option in NL-only formats.
    I remember when Tood was a 1st round pick. What a great career.

NYYF HOF

This isn't Sportsline nonsense...but dang...my 8 year old cousin would atleast know whether or not they hit a game winner.

Brewers OF Nyjer Morgan said he felt absolutely no pressure when hitting with two outs in the ninth inning. That's because he believed it was the eighth. Morgan was still laughing in the clubhouse after his game-winning double on Wednesday night against the Mets, giving the Brewers the 7-6 victory. "Seriously, I honestly thought Prince put us up and I thought it was the bottom of the eighth," Morgan said. "I guess it worked out, and a good thing for us." Morgan went 2 for 5 on the night.
    (Updated 06/09/2011).

NYYF HOF

Marlins SP Javier Vazquez earned his fifth win of the season during Tuesday night's contest against the Angels. Vazquez, who was winless over his previous five starts, surrendered 10 hits over 5 1/3 innings but was able to keep Anaheim off the scoreboard. He did allow a hit in every inning he pitched but was able to work his way out of several jams. Vazquez was finally pulled after throwing 100 pitches and finished with four strikeouts without issuing a walk. He is now 4-7 on the season.
    (Updated 06/21/2011).

COMMON MANNN !!!

The Plain Dealer reports Indians outfielder Grady Sizemore, who is on the 6-day DL, ran on the field Wednesday for the first time since undergoing back surgery March 1.
    Good thing he didn't need to go on the 12-day DL.

Devoted Member

So CBS managed to mess up the "Fantasy Trends" tab under the player profile. Is there maybe any other way to check out what used to be there, like the Owned & Started stats for a player, or the weekly number of points he scored? Can't find these anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRo View Post
    So CBS managed to mess up the "Fantasy Trends" tab under the player profile. Is there maybe any other way to check out what used to be there, like the Owned & Started stats for a player, or the weekly number of points he scored? Can't find these anymore.
    It's still there on my players. Maybe you accidentally clicked on the "X" and it's now gone for you.

Click on the orange "Manage Components" button on a player page and make sure "Roster Trend" is clicked.

Devoted Member

Thanks for that tip, I at least got the full player page to show these stats.
    However - they used to be displayed in the small player popup details, they're gone now. This is what I have on the Trends page.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRo View Post
    Thanks for that tip, I at least got the full player page to show these stats.
    However - they used to be displayed in the small player popup details, they're gone now. This is what I have on the Trends page.

Yeah, OK, I see what you mean. I never used the fantasy trends there; always on the full player page

NYYF Legend

NaNM NaNM NaNM NaNM Batman?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Thread Information