+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 4 11 51 ... LastLast

Daily Umpiring Discussion Thread -or- "They're Out to Screw Us!"

After that play with Bernie, I just can't stand the umps anymore.

The game vs. the Twins where Mo got ripped, and tonight.

Re: Official Umps Blew the Game Thread

that was ridiculous....bernie easily beat that throw, that was one of the most absurd calls i've ever seen. these umps need to open their eyes...and btw i hate tanyon sturze, why does joe give this guy so many opportunities?

Can we make this the offical "horrible calls against the Yankees" thread?
    To add to the first two
    3. The call at second during Moose's start against Toronto
    4. The call at first during Wang's start against B-More.

I don't know about "blew the game." A-Rod stupidly dove back into third, when it was a no brainer that they would go for the DP. It would've been 1st and 3rd 2 out for Cano. Obviously way better than end of inning, but I don't think you can blame this upcoming loss on the umps.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shonday
    I don't know about "blew the game." A-Rod stupidly dove back into third, when it was a no brainer that they would go for the DP. It would've been 1st and 3rd 2 out for Cano. Obviously way better than end of inning, but I don't think you can blame this upcoming loss on the umps.
    Exactly. The Castillo game in Minny and the Wang game and Baltimore were seriously tainted by the umpiring but this is one we would almost certainly have lost anyway. They had a better pitcher than we did tonight.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

I don't think he's saying that the umps were the reason we lost tonight but instead this a thread where we put all the bad calls by the umps against the Yankees. I think.
    Fire Tanaka

Quote Originally Posted by Shonday
    Winner of tonight's "Most creative way to somehow blame ARod for the loss" award.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    I don't think he's saying that the umps were the reason we lost tonight but instead this a thread where we put all the bad calls by the umps against the Yankees. I think.
    Yes. I'll change the name of the thread, if I can figure it out.
    Anyone know how to change the name of a thread?

NYYF Legend

If it hadn't been for the bad call the Yankees might have scored ONE run. One. They're still two behind and considering they're facing Ryan, that's a long way to go. Even assuming Sturtze wouldn't have allowed two MORE runs in the top of the ninth.

Sorry, but the umps didn't blow this game, the Yankees did. Fair and squate.

NYYF Legend

We lost this game - not the umps. The umps DID screw us big time in the Orioles game last Friday though. That was just absurd.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jasbro
    Winner of tonight's "Most creative way to somehow blame ARod for the loss" award.
    I didn't get the impression he was blaming A-Rod for the loss. He said A-Rod made a bad baserunning play, which he did.

NYYF Legend

the call wouldn't have really done much for us. our bullpen blew this game.
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Triple Crown

hahaha, that post gets my vote as well

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

I think everyone's missing the point of this thread.
    Fire Tanaka

Quote Originally Posted by Jglaubman
    After that play with Bernie, I just can't stand the umps anymore.

The game vs. the Twins where Mo got ripped, and tonight.
    Yeah, thats what blew the game.

The calls will even out soon.
    TRUCK FUMP

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    The calls will even out soon.
    This is gonna be some winning streak!
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

The Yanks have been screwed by the Umps lately. The botched call tonight was a horrible call, but it didn't account for the Yanks losing tonight (whereas almost every call against them in previous games has.)

Uh, did I ever say that? Of course the loss isn't his fault, it ended up not mattering, and hell he singled to start the rally. Cmon.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    the call wouldn't have really done much for us. our bullpen blew this game.
    I agree. Proctor and Sturtze blew this game, plain and simple. The blown call was just the icing on the cake.

The opening words of a Dayn Perry article advocating the use of QuesTec to call balls and strikes:

Bottom of the ninth. Yankees down to Baltimore 6-5. Bases loaded and a full count to Hideki Matsui. O's closer Chris Ray uncorks a breaking ball that's at least a foot off the outside corner. Matsui doesn't bite. Strike three called. Game over.
    It's gotten pretty blatant. One, two games, and it's the difference between leading the division right now and being 4th.
    Studying for the USMLE Step 2 Exam, but still cheering hard for the Yankees.
    The reason Kei Igawa looked so good in Japan: [URL="http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html"]http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html[/URL]

I hope Rich is right and that these calls start to even out.

The Umps are against the Yanks in more ways that one...

...since I'm in RI right now, I watch the Sox games on NESN and the Yanks on MLB.TV (no YES); and not only did the umps screw the Yanks out of the calls there, they also screwed up several calls against the D-Rays tonight.

Fatso (as I now call Bruce Froemming since he can't move to get into proper position to make calls) missed two calls at home plate (one against the Sox, one against the DRays--the DRays one killed a rally) and on a squibber up the first baseline, FATSO who couldnt get up the line because he had too many cheesburgers left the first base umpire who was out of position to make the call, and ultimately it was the wrong one (the 1B ump called it fair when it was foul b/c he wasnt setup on the line to make the call because it was FATSO's call, not his)

/end rant on umpires suckiness tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by xl22k
    The Umps are against the Yanks in more ways that one...

...since I'm in RI right now, I watch the Sox games on NESN and the Yanks on MLB.TV (no YES); and not only did the umps screw the Yanks out of the calls there, they also screwed up several calls against the D-Rays tonight.

Fatso (as I now call Bruce Froemming since he can't move to get into proper position to make calls) missed two calls at home plate (one against the Sox, one against the DRays--the DRays one killed a rally) and on a squibber up the first baseline, FATSO who couldnt get up the line because he had too many cheesburgers left the first base umpire who was out of position to make the call, and ultimately it was the wrong one (the 1B ump called it fair when it was foul b/c he wasnt setup on the line to make the call because it was FATSO's call, not his)

/end rant on umpires suckiness tonight.
    OMG, if we make the umpires work out and get in shape, then what is the world coming to??! *gasp* I might have to get in shape for my wife!! Seriously, there are more bad calls in April, just like there are more errors in April. It's extended spring training for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees76
    OMG, if we make the umpires work out and get in shape, then what is the world coming to??! *gasp* I might have to get in shape for my wife!! Seriously, there are more bad calls in April, just like there are more errors in April. It's extended spring training for everyone.
    Yet the officiating in the postseason last year was pretty bad, too. Surely at that point in the season last year, it wasn't spring training at all. I think this year's "suckiness" is a carryover from what we saw last season. The umpiring is just generally sloppy.
    Studying for the USMLE Step 2 Exam, but still cheering hard for the Yankees.
    The reason Kei Igawa looked so good in Japan: [URL="http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html"]http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html[/URL]

Thread Information