+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Message Boards for Other Teams: A List

Quote Originally Posted by Hildy910
    Okay. I just would have felt really guilty and bad if flaming had broken out. I think it's an The Forum at NYYFans.com - Reply to Topicinteresting thread, too.
    It's actually turned into a better discussion. It was a thread where people bitched about this site. Now when a few of you come over and offer insight, IMO, it's been a good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey37
    Some of them, probably. Others are just BSing and trying to look cool in front of their peers.

BTW, I'm still trying to get used to seeing BBtB sporting a pair of Red Socks. What the hell is this world coming to?
    I don't know if it's still available (I'll ask MALC, the "head" mod) but on the last version of invision, there was a feature that allowed him to change the Sox to NY symbols. It was offered to Yankee posters. I'm not sure if it's still available though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    That Sox Sweep guy is scaring me. I wonder who he is here.
    He doesn't post here. Honestly, he's a good guy. He just has some serious irrational hatred for BBtB.

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

That Sox Sweep guy is scaring me. I wonder who he is here.
    This dude is not dealing will a full deck. If he is posting here like he says, do Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde come to mind?
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

Released Outright

Prior to yesterday, I wasn't overly familiar with the RSN site. By and large I think it's a great place for Sox fans (as I said in that thread you guys are linking to). The guy constantly attacking me is hysterical. He swears he has me on ignore but always seems to follow up one of my posts with a response to it. Seems to be a legit troll among an otherwise good group of citizens. I do, however, find it funny that they keep insisting that people are getting RO'd here unfairly, meanwhile one poster after another admits that they've registered under different SNs all to troll. It seems that they can't grasp the concept that a site devoted to Yankee fans will be somewhat biased against Sox fans registering with the forum just to troll. Bizarre.

Sam - you mentioned it kinda sucks that I go out of my way to be nice while that guy tries to bait me. I'm cool with it. I'm practicing what I preach: as long as I'm in someone else's house, I'm not going to piss in their pool...despite some of the arguments being batsh*t crazy (it seems to be held as sacred that the New York Yankees are singlehandedly responsible for MLB's steroid problem).

Fortunately for me, their PS forum is quite unrestrictive. I'd say that dude probably has a very rational reason for hating me at this point.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AnibalTheCannibal

I don't know if it's still available (I'll ask MALC, the "head" mod) but on the last version of invision, there was a feature that allowed him to change the Sox to NY symbols. It was offered to Yankee posters. I'm not sure if it's still available though.
    I vaguely remember the one (and only?) Yankee fan there having the NY logo under his name. Don't know if he still has it, though.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

Devoted Member

I vaguely remember the one (and only?) Yankee fan there having the NY logo under his name. Don't know if he still has it, though.
    Yank fans have their own 'division' at rsn.net: Visitors from the Evil Empire. Every one of them gets the NY instead of the sox. There are currently seven members, I'm sure the mods will add the new posters to that group when they have time...
    And the lord said "Go Sox"

JamieNYY definitely had it. nhyankeefan had them as well, but he rarely posts. Go Rocket posts as CTYankee over there, and we have StuckInChiTown as well. Now 38Special, BBtB, Sam, and some others have registered. Megas Alexandros is a troll. I don't know if he posts here or not, but he is trolling. Everyone else has been very nice, and BBtB has kept his cool despite being baited about a dozen times so far. I PM'd the mod so he'll let me know in a minute.

You guys are all more than welcome there though. And the mods won't let other posters bait you into some bannable stuff. BBtB actually got some props in the hideen paying members forum. He's not as hated as some would think. Only SSA wants to hunt him down

NYYF Legend

JamieNYY definitely had it. nhyankeefan had them as well, but he rarely posts. Go Rocket posts as CTYankee over there, and we have StuckInChiTown as well. Now 38Special, BBtB, Sam, and some others have registered. Megas Alexandros is a troll. I don't know if he posts here or not, but he is trolling. Everyone else has been very nice, and BBtB has kept his cool despite being baited about a dozen times so far. I PM'd the mod so he'll let me know in a minute.

You guys are all more than welcome there though. And the mods won't let other posters bait you into some bannable stuff. BBtB actually got some props in the hideen paying members forum. He's not as hated as some would think. Only SSA wants to hunt him down
    I like that. Good to see Yankee fans being treated fairly over there.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

I like that. Good to see Yankee fans being treated fairly over there.
    The NY icons were lost in the upgrade, but he is going to see if it's possible to integrate them in some time this week. The only requirement was that you had to have 50 posts, which no longer made you a "New Member". They're definitely fair over there. Cambridge (another Mod) does some writing for different publications, and he likes having other team's fans there. It only makes sense that we'd prefer Yankee fans, with whom we have something in common with, over say, Royals fan since there's not much to talk about with them. We have an Oakland fan, and a (very annoying) Giants fan there too.

NYYF HOF

Pretty interesting to checkout some other sites. Nothing I have really attempted to do before.

The A's site is a pretty decent read.

That thread on RSN is pretty funny. I am glad I found that site because it really isn't half bad.
    "A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever." - Don Mattingly's Plaque in Monument Park

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Why the heck would anyone want to go visit a website of their hated rivals? I could never, ever, imagine myself joining a Yankees fan board and tlak baseball over there.... I'd rather eat a shoe!

(sorry, couldn't resist)

NYYF MVP

I could list a bunch of sports blogs I read, but as for message boards, it's pretty much here, RSN, occasionally SoSH, and SG. I'll look through some of those other ones, though.
    I'm a girl.

Sox/Pats fan.

Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Runan
    I could list a bunch of sports blogs I read, but as for message boards, it's pretty much here, RSN, occasionally SoSH, and SG. I'll look through some of those other ones, though.
    Do you have to tell everyone that you're a girl there too?

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    Do you have to tell everyone that you're a girl there too?
    ...Curse my ambiguous user name.
    I'm a girl.

Sox/Pats fan.

NYYF HOF

Only SSA wants to hunt him down
    I am guessing you are referring to the guy on the witchhunt of BBtB over at RSN whose handle is Sox Sweep Again.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the acronym for his handle backwards is (A.S.S.)?
    "A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever." - Don Mattingly's Plaque in Monument Park

\m/ rise against. \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Runan
    ...Curse my ambiguous user name.
    wait wait wait.

you're a girl???

pix plz.
    last.fm | myspace
    "i like my coffee black. just like my metal."

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

I never imagined Smithers would ask for pics from a girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

\m/ rise against. \m/

curse my homosexual-connotated user name.
    last.fm | myspace
    "i like my coffee black. just like my metal."

Quote Originally Posted by boo_427
    I am guessing you are referring to the guy on the witchhunt of BBtB over at RSN whose handle is Sox Sweep Again.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the acronym for his handle backwards is (A.S.S.)?
    Yea that's him. He's actually a good guy, but he really has it out for BBtB for some reason. And his "Yankees will win 80 games" or whatever it is prediction has been going two years running.

The NY icons are now available over there, but you need to be a member for at least a month and have more than 50 posts. Once you do just shoot a PM to a mod or ask me to do it, and they'll give it to you.

General Baseball

Netsports
    Baseball-Fever
    MLB Center

I also love the Baseball Think Factory.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I can't blame him. In my experience, 21 year old Sox fans are more often then not hotties.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    I can't blame him. In my experience, 21 year old Sox fans are more often then not hotties.
    So you think most 21 year old sox fans are hot?
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

NYYF Legend

Just wanted to validate the entry for a good Tiger's MB as stated in the first thread:

www.motowntigers.com

....which is a subforum of www.motownsports.com (which has forums for the Wings, Pistons, Lions, and assorted other forums.. some also for general discussion - a Bar & Grill. Good site. Good people.)
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

So you think most 21 year old sox fans are hot?
    You caught me.

EDIT: most 21 year old female Sox fans are hotties.

"Get on my level, ho" True Yankee-ette13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    You caught me.

EDIT: most 21 year old female Sox fans are hotties.
    Us female Yankee fans are hotter.

This is a great thread. I'm off to check some of those sites out....
    *I <3 Baseball*

2006=27

This is definitely the best Rangers board:
    http://dallasbaseballhome.com/talk/index.php

It's off of http://www.newbergreport.com

Thread Information