+ Reply to Thread

3 Midweek Day Games?

ARGGGGH! I can understand opening day being a 1 oclock start but it really sucks that all 3 games against the royals are day games. I have to work each day!!!
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Re: 3 Midweek Day Games?

I just noticed that too. What the hell is going on?

If you routinely go to baseball games in April, you'd know---it's cold at night!!
    Funny how the same cold in October is much more tolerable, lol.

Bumbles bounce! Yukon Cornelius's Avatar

I'm going to my 1st Opening Day game tomorrow. What time should I get there so I don't miss out on anything? Thanks for the info.
    Welcome to Yankee Stadium where Mystique and Aura appear nightly

It is annoying that the games are during the day... I have class through most of them! =\ I was getting tired of those really late games though... they've created some late nights for me on days I have to get up early!

Yeah Yeah Yeah AlongCameAPrincess's Avatar

I'll have to try and wake up before 1pm! That's going to be tough! Haha.

No, but it sucks for you guys that work. I can relate.

NYYF Legend

Normally, I would just skip class and watch all these, but I'm screwed on all of them. Tomorrow I have a test at 2:25 CT, so I'll miss the end of the game. Wednesday I have a quiz at 12, which I will finish within 15 minutes and get to the local sports bar to watch the rest - so that's not bad, but then on Thursday I have to catch a flight and will miss the end of that game too... No good at all.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

yeah for mlbtv, im gonna watch while in class

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

So glad my school gave us the week before Easter off! And I'm also glad that since I work for the school, I had the option of taking the week off!

Not to rub it in or anything.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Hey - It works for me...it means a 6 PM start here!

NYYF Legend

The way that the Yankees are playing, it is good that it has been difficult for most fans to see the games (due to late west coast starts and day games at home. Just look at how upset it has made some of the posters in ITL.

The Sox are playing 7pm games this week at Fenway, last I checked Fenway is further North than The Stadium and colder weather normally. This is just another poor choice of scheduling the Yanks get hosed w/ by having to play playing 5 of their first 6 games at 10pm est, then these 3 afternoon games. I have also noticed that only 3 of the first 15 games are at home, while 10 of Boston's first 16 are at Fenway w/ the majority being evening games.
    Have not checked , but hopefully the Sox go through a tough road schedule at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by J563
    The Sox are playing 7pm games this week at Fenway, last I checked Fenway is further North than The Stadium and colder weather normally. This is just another poor choice of scheduling the Yanks get hosed w/ by having to play playing 5 of their first 6 games at 10pm est, then these 3 afternoon games. I have also noticed that only 3 of the first 15 games are at home, while 10 of Boston's first 16 are at Fenway w/ the majority being evening games.
    Have not checked , but hopefully the Sox go through a tough road schedule at the end of the season.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think the Yankees will have a say in what time these games start, especially three in a row. Personally, I like those early April games played outside at Yankee Stadium during the daytime hours.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Devoted Member

I was discussing this with my dad the other night.

Are New York schools on Spring Break this year? We think that may be a reason for the early starts.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by brosiusbuddy
    ARGGGGH! I can understand opening day being a 1 oclock start but it really sucks that all 3 games against the royals are day games. I have to work each day!!!
    work is over rated.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL FormerlyKnownAsMHHL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpbri2886
    I was discussing this with my dad the other night.

Are New York schools on Spring Break this year? We think that may be a reason for the early starts.
    Yes they are.

NYYF Legend

My boss is letting me go to the games today and tommorow... half days! Then off on Good Friday...nice and easy week

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by chanman7483
    My boss is letting me go to the games today and tommorow... half days! Then off on Good Friday...nice and easy week
    Lucky! I'm really heated that I can't go to any of the games this week.

I totally forgot that I had Friday off. Sweet.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

I have off tomorrow and Thursday for Passover so this works out well for me.
    [URL="http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/"]http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/[/URL]

I do not post on NoMaas. That silverdsl is not this silverdsl.

One reason for the day games may also be that Passover begins Wednesday at sundown.
    Also Thursay is a Holy Day in the Christian calendar, most natably the evening.
    That may be why the games are day games.
    Could also be that school is out.

NYYF Legend

tell me about it, I have tickets for Wed and Thurs games and can't go because of work.

Midweek day games suck. But my loss could be someone else's gain. Does anyone want FREE TICKETS for tomorrow's game? That's right - FREE. You would need to pay the $2/ticket email charge and 50 cents to cover my paypal costs. So some would say that's not free. But it's still 2 tickets in the bleachers for $4.50.

Tickets have been taken.
    Last edited by Dog Named Fred; 04-11-06 at 08:10 PM.

Addicted Member

Here's my take on this. Part of the scheduling is the weather and the holidays coming up. But, if the Yankees have any say in the time of the game I think they have day games because yesterday and today there are Nets games on at night. They would have to choose which game to air. By having the Yankees game during the day they can air both.

Thread Information