+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace

Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace - anybody find it yet?

It's supposed to be a place/forum for full season ticket holders to sell their tickets, at a "slight" mark up.
    formerly busyspaetzel

Re: Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace

Never mind. On the Yankees website, it is listed under "ticket tech". Under ticket tech, it says the feature is coming soon. Looking forward to it.
    formerly busyspaetzel

Quote Originally Posted by busyninja
    Never mind. On the Yankees website, it is listed under "ticket tech". Under ticket tech, it says the feature is coming soon. Looking forward to it.
    has anyone called to see when it's going to be up?

Was told "one to two weeks" this morning. We'll see.

NYYF Legend

Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace is M.I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85
    Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace is M.I.A.
    I think they're waiitng until they sell more tickets until they allow season ticket holders to come in and sell better seats for face price. Judging by the availability of the 4 and 5 game packs that include a Boston series, it could be a long wait.

Addicted Member

Today is May 30 and you are more likely to come across Amelia Earhart than the Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace. What is most frustrating is that they officially introduced this "new and exciting" feature in December of 2005. Nearlyhalf a year later, 1/3 of the season is over, and the Pinstripe Marketplace remains an unfulfilled promise. Rather than ticket holder, I consider myself a ticket eater, with so many of my games going unused. While I expect to get screwed, I don't appreciate them telling me how "new and exciting" the experience is.

The final insult to season ticket holders is that many other teams, including the Red Sox, Mets and Brewers have their version of the Pinstripe Marketplace up and running . If the New York Yankees can't figure out how to do this, they should let stubhub.com or maybe even the Mets handle a ticket exchange program.

The Yankees ticket office standard line is that it's "stalled in the Legal Department". Am I to assume that they have better attorneys in Cleveland, Detroit and Milwaukee than they do in New York City. Perhaps cancellation of employee dental coverage a few years ago really curbed attorney productivity. I suspect that the legal issues that every other team has tackled are somewhat less complex than Marbury v. Madison, so will somebody please get this settled. For God's sake, call Jacoby and Myers if you have to! Perhaps the Legal Department needs some motivation. If so, bring in George Costanza. The word around town is that he did a great job on the Penske file.

Mr. Steinbrenner, please kick find out who is responsible for this absurd delay and kick him/her in the rear for me.

"Mr. Steinbrenner, please kick find out who is responsible for this absurd delay and kick him/her in the rear for me."

Steinbrenner is responsible for the delay. As mentioned previously, they want to sell more tickets before unleashing the season ticket holders. They are using Ticketmaster for the Marketplace. Ticketmaster provides this service for at least 20 other teams including the Knicks and Rangers. They can flip the switch on at any time.

Stubhub. Sell your tickets on stubhub, buy your tickets on stubhub, trade your tickets on stubhub(don't think you can do that, but whatever)....

I love stubhub. Got tickets for the Yankees/Sox both years running. They are with the bleacher creatures, but the bleachers are the @!$!@
    [B][COLOR=#008000][IMG]http://graphics.collegesports.com/graphics/cso-oas-logo-50x34-nd.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://lfchosting.com/sportsfem/jets3.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/B]
    [B]"To be Irish is to know that in the end the world will break your heart."[/B]

Quite frankly.....the Yanks probably make as much- or more- money if they open up the ticket marketplace. They eat up enough on both sides- they'll take about 15% of the sale price from the ticketholder, and charge a nice fee for the processing.

Plus, they are pretty much guaranteed usage of that seat, whereas they typically lose 10-30%, depending on the night or matchup. That is more than made up for in their per caps for the seats used.

I understand the desire not to cannibalize your ticket sales, but the reality is that many of these tickets would appeal to a different demographic. My seats are $110 a pop- you can't ever buy single tickets from the club this good. As such, I assume they'd be snapped up in a minute or so on the marketplace- most likely by fans who aren't buying the tier seats from the Yanks.

Addiitonally, they sell through so many games that the vast majority of the time they will simply make more money off of the seats they've already sold.

Addicted Member

Gold23 - You make far too much sense.

As for stubhub, I am holding out for fear of losing my seats. I don't think I can continue to eat tickets for much longer.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YanksRooter66
    Stubhub. Sell your tickets on stubhub, buy your tickets on stubhub, trade your tickets on stubhub(don't think you can do that, but whatever)....

I love stubhub. Got tickets for the Yankees/Sox both years running. They are with the bleacher creatures, but the bleachers are the @!$!@
    Every time I've gone on stubhub I've found the ticket prices to be ridiculously high.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee
    Every time I've gone on stubhub I've found the ticket prices to be ridiculously high.
    I'm not sure ridiculous is a strong enough word.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????

Thank goodness we now know.

NYYF Legend

If you have extra tickets and can't sell them off here, have you ever thought about ebay? I mean, if they are decent seats and you put them up at face value plus a little bit to cover the fees you'll be able to recover at least some of your money. You can use buy it now to avoid the whole auction process, or list them for the minimum you're willing to sell them for....just a thought. You can undercut the scalpers on there pretty easily.

I've bought tickets off of ebay and got good deals.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Use Ethyl Chloride
    Gold23 - You make far too much sense.

As for stubhub, I am holding out for fear of losing my seats. I don't think I can continue to eat tickets for much longer.
    I guess I've been lucky. I've been able to sell my tickets for games I can't go to by asking around or using Stub Hub. I only add 10-15% to Stub Hub to cover the fees they charge.

Addicted Member

I think the rash of injuries/illnesses the Yankees are experiencing is the result of the bad karma created by the Yankees screwing the season ticket holders by sitting on the Pinstrpe Marketplace.

A pox on both of your houses (Tampa and NY).

NYYF Legend

Can we complain about this? I mean there should be a legal way to sell tickets without having any repercussions. Im just afraid whoever i sell my tickets to might scalp and there goes my playoff ticket opportunity.

Addicted Member

Write a letter to the Yankees (they don't let you get email addresses). I suggest Randy Levine (President) or Lonn Trost (Chief Operating Officer). Also consider Norman Stallings (Senior Vice President, General Counsel).

Both Levine and Trost are in NY at the following address
    Yankee Stadium
    161st Street & River Ave
    Bronx, NY 10451
    While I think Stallings is in Tampa
    Yankees Complex
    13102 N. Himes Ave
    Tampa, FL 33607
    Another approach would be to call Elliott Spitzer, NYís Attorney General. There is probably something the Yankees are doning wrong, such as false advertising (for anyone who purchased a ticket plan baed on the Pinstripe Marketplace scheme). Spitzerís office is easy to contact by clicking the following link.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/

Addicted Member

Today is July 24. Do you know where the Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace is? It's "coming soon", but perhaps "soon" means something different in Tampa than it does in NY.

I never though I'd see the day that the Yankees organization was outclassed by the Indians, who have their own version of this feature available to Ticket Holders. I guess the new guy in Cleveland is more capable than the old guy from Cleveland.

NYYF Legend

It will never come. Keep on eatin those tickets :-(

Addicted Member

Lately, I've been donating them to charity. Either the local Big Brothers and Big Sisters, or the USO.

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

Today is July 24. Do you know where the Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace is? It's "coming soon", but perhaps "soon" means something different in Tampa than it does in NY.

I never though I'd see the day that the Yankees organization was outclassed by the Indians, who have their own version of this feature available to Ticket Holders. I guess the new guy in Cleveland is more capable than the old guy from Cleveland.
    It's June 24th. Actually, it's June 25th now.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????

Thank goodness we now know.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    It's June 24th. Actually, it's June 25th now.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.... I know I'm a procrastinator, but I was almost certain that I wasn't a month behind. Whew...
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Addicted Member

I'm posting too late at night...

Addicted Member

Freudian slip. I'll post again in a month when this statement is true.

Thread Information