+ Reply to Thread
    Addicted Member

Ticket Exchange May 1

I was able to get four tickets to the Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway May 1. Unfortunately, I've now been called to jury duty that day. I tried to get out of serving by saying I had plans to be out of town that day, but the court didn't recognize that excuse. (Which makes me wonder why they sent a preliminary letter saying "if you are here" and then refuse to recognize that people have prior plans. But that's another whole story.)

I don't want to lie to to court and say I forgot or didn't get the summons.

So is there anyone who would be willing to exchange tickets for another Yankees game at Fenway? Unfortunately, these are not the best tickets. They're in the upper bleachers and are only $12 each. I'd be willing to pay any difference in cost.

Since from what I've read PM and e-mail may not be working, you can e-mail any requests to ladyleo@rocketmail.com.

If I don't get a response, I'll probably just give the tickets my sister and her son who live in Plymouth and let them invite whatever friends they want.
    Kathy

LET'S GO, YANKS!!!

Re: Ticket Exchange May 1

Although I'd love to take those off your hands, aren't you allowed to postpone your jury duty date? I know I've been able to postpone in MA and CT without giving any reason why.

Addicted Member

I tried to postpone it. The court sent me a letter asking if I would be available May 1. I sent them a letter saying I had plans to be out of town. They sent a letter saying if I got a summons, I had to be there May 1. And I got the summons. I'm afraid to lie to the court and say I didn't get the summons or forgot the date. So I guess I'll have to show up the morning of May 1. And even if I get excused, it'll be to late to get to Boston by game time. The court is probably not being too generous with excuses on this trial, because I'm pretty sure it's the D.C. it's the D.C. sniper trial, and they're going to want as many jurors as possible. However, I'm going to tell the court, if asked, that I resent being there because I had to cancel a vacation, I think the trial is a farce since they're letting the defendant defend himself, the trial is a political ploy by the county attorney who's running for state attorney general this year, and since the defendant has already been convicted in Virginia, it's a waste of taxpayers' money to have a trial in Maryland. If those excuses don't get me thrown out of a jury, nothing will.
    Kathy

LET'S GO, YANKS!!!

Addicted Member

Exchange still available.
    Kathy

LET'S GO, YANKS!!!

Devoted Member

What you need to do is use the Homer Simpson excuse. Just tell the judge you are biased against all races. Jury duty can really suck. I was called for federal jury duty when I was in college. Since I was in school out of state at the time I figured it was all good. I was wrong. I had to have an administrator from my school write a letter confirming I was going there and school was in session when I was supposed to serve.
    I want A-Rod to succeed, but when he doesn't come through I'm gonna BOOOOOOOOOO

"To be a Republican today you have to have something wrong with you." -- Charles Barkley

NYYF Legend

The first time I had jury duty I totally forgot and never went. I called the afternoon of the day I was supposed to be serving - when I finally realized it - and there wasn't a problem. The just rescheduled me.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by tiyuri
    What you need to do is use the Homer Simpson excuse. Just tell the judge you are biased against all races. Jury duty can really suck. I was called for federal jury duty when I was in college. Since I was in school out of state at the time I figured it was all good. I was wrong. I had to have an administrator from my school write a letter confirming I was going there and school was in session when I was supposed to serve.
    I am going to try to claim some prejudice. But I'm still going to have to show up in court that morning. And I still probably won't be out early enough to make it from Maryland to Boston before game time that night. And since I already tried to get out of it, I doubt they're going to buy it if I say I forgot.

My sister and her son who were going to go with me have already said they can probably find some friends to go with them, so the tickets won't go to waste. But then it will probably be Red Sox instead of Yankees fans at the game.

And I did want to get to a Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway after I had to win a lottery and then wait hours online to get the tickets. That's why I was hoping I could at least arrange a trade.
    Kathy

LET'S GO, YANKS!!!

Wish I had tickets to trade with, but I don't. However, if you cannot get another game and need to sell them I will gladly buy them from you.

All the best!
    "It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long....."

Addicted Member

The tickets are no longer available. I worked out a trade for some Yankees-Nationals tickets. I'll miss being at Fenway. But at least I won't have to travel far to this game.
    Kathy

LET'S GO, YANKS!!!

Thread Information