+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Bernie51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow

    God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Ok, my 'friend' just totally screwed me over and now I'm left with a $600 pair of round-trip tickets to Spain that just so happen to be non-refundable. Is there any way I can get rid of them? Is it legal to auction them on ebay? I'm so upset right now that I can't even express any emotions.
    "I told them, 'You guys [Prior and Wood] are good,'" Dunston said. "'But this guy [Maddux] is the best.'"

  2. #2
    NYYF MVP

    WTrain44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Go to spain and bring another friend? How long do you have to unload them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker
    I think it's a sad commentary on society that it takes a new $1.3 billion facility to get people to stop peeing on the floor.

  3. #3
    FormerlyKnownAsMHHL FormerlyKnownAsMHHL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    the island

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51
    Ok, my 'friend' just totally screwed me over and now I'm left with a $600 pair of round-trip tickets to Spain that just so happen to be non-refundable. Is there any way I can get rid of them? Is it legal to auction them on ebay? I'm so upset right now that I can't even express any emotions.
    It all depends on the airline and their policy, as well as the type of ticket they are. Some are refundable, some aren't. Some are exchangeable, some aren't. Some allow name changes, some don't.

    You have to figure out what class of ticket and what airline. Only way to find out would be to look on the ticket or call them.

    Once you know all the restrictions, then you can form a plan. For example, if they don't allow a name change, you'll have a real hard time using them.

  4. #4
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    So your friend just stuck you with a $1200 bill that you have to pay? I see an assbeating in the future.


    I think your friend should at least offer to cushion the blow a bit. Even if they are strapped for cash, they should at least try. To stick you with that kind of bill is just not a very "friend" thing to do.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  5. #5
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Bernie51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    So your friend just stuck you with a $1200 bill that you have to pay? I see an assbeating in the future.


    I think your friend should at least offer to cushion the blow a bit. Even if they are strapped for cash, they should at least try. To stick you with that kind of bill is just not a very "friend" thing to do.

    Well, she's a cheap bitch. I don't expect much from her.

    I just called Alitalia and they said they can't do anything about it. I tried calling Priceline but I can't get in contact with a freakking human. I'm going to keep trying.

    I blew off all my summer plans for this trip. And now I'm stuck withh a $600 deficit and no summer job/internship.
    "I told them, 'You guys [Prior and Wood] are good,'" Dunston said. "'But this guy [Maddux] is the best.'"

  6. #6
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Go to Spain and take another friend. Travel while you can before the corporate world takes over your life! I spent 8 great days in Barcelona once and would recommend that city to all.
    Refuse to Boo!

  7. #7
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51
    Well, she's a cheap bitch. I don't expect much from her.

    I just called Alitalia and they said they can't do anything about it. I tried calling Priceline but I can't get in contact with a freakking human. I'm going to keep trying.

    I blew off all my summer plans for this trip. And now I'm stuck withh a $600 deficit and no summer job/internship.
    Cheap or not, that bill she's sticking you with isn't. An attempt to pay you back would at least make it easier.

    As long as you're gonna pay for it, you may make someone's summer by taking them along. You'll probably still have a great time. Hell, you could even ask someone to go with you and ask for half the price of the ticket. At least that will help.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  8. #8
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Bernie51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Sorry it looks like everyone fell for my horrid grammar. My apologies.

    I have a round trip ticket to spain that cost me $630. The chance of my getting another friend ot go with me is 0. None of my friends or their parents have that kind of money. And this ticket is from may 18 - june 13.

    I just called priceline and alitalia and they can do nothing about it. I feel really selfish asking my 'friend' to help reimburse me, so I don't think I'm going to do it.
    "I told them, 'You guys [Prior and Wood] are good,'" Dunston said. "'But this guy [Maddux] is the best.'"

  9. #9

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    is his name on the ticket? if it is, then force the bastard to give you the money. if not, sell it on ebay or somethin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?


  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On the corner of nowhere road

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    I'll go to Spain with you.
    The things you see, the way you see them, will never be seen again.
    Let's go through life, livin' on luck, bettin' ten thousand to ten.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On the corner of nowhere road

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51
    I feel really selfish asking my 'friend' to help reimburse me, so I don't think I'm going to do it.
    Don't feel selfish. S/He made a commitment and bailed. That's not your fault. If they had purchased the ticket on their own and suddenly couldn't go, the airline would still expect payment as well.

    I've had people bail on me like this before (although not for something quite so big). It's a good lesson to learn, though.
    The things you see, the way you see them, will never be seen again.
    Let's go through life, livin' on luck, bettin' ten thousand to ten.

  12. #12
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51
    I feel really selfish asking my 'friend' to help reimburse me, so I don't think I'm going to do it.
    Don't feel selfish. You guys had a verbal agreement to go. Among friends, that's a binding contract! you got the tickets and she backed out. It's not like it's rocket science knowing many plane tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  13. #13
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51

    I just called priceline and alitalia and they can do nothing about it. I feel really selfish asking my 'friend' to help reimburse me, so I don't think I'm going to do it.
    Your friend is more selfish for ditching you. What is her reasoning? I'm sure you two discussed this ad nauseum before actually booking the thing. She can't just expect to not pay.

  14. #14
    Released Outright NYYBombshell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51
    I feel really selfish asking my 'friend' to help reimburse me, so I don't think I'm going to do it.

    So what? Make her pay you back. She had no right to stick you with the whole thing, and if she doesn't, I say take it to small claims court and make her fork it over.

  15. #15
    NYYF Legend

    Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    zamunda

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    you can put them on ebay but you will have to pay probably 100 a ticket to change the passanger.

  16. #16
    Devoted Member
    #7forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    just outside Beaver Stadium

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Take her to small claims court. No judge will find in her favor. Do all you can, to get as much of the money, as you can.
    "Enjoy every sandwich." Warren Zevon

  17. #17
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51
    Sorry it looks like everyone fell for my horrid grammar. My apologies.

    I have a round trip ticket to spain that cost me $630. The chance of my getting another friend ot go with me is 0. None of my friends or their parents have that kind of money. And this ticket is from may 18 - june 13.

    I just called priceline and alitalia and they can do nothing about it. I feel really selfish asking my 'friend' to help reimburse me, so I don't think I'm going to do it.
    Is your friend female? Is she smaller than you are? Do you think you can kick her arse in and good?

    Otherwise, sell this one ticket on ebay for $400 or so.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    #1PaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    PA

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Nothing can screw up a friendship like money.
    ....

  19. #19
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    I've had to cancel a non-refundable ticket before. Sometimes they give you up to a year to use the ticket. It really sucks that you're in this bind. I hope things work out. I would definitely go after money from the "friend" if I were you. Good luck!
    2014 - New Team, New Result

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    Casey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    I really don't see how you can't sell these tickets and make money in the process.

    When it comes to plane tickets, one thing I know is that the longer you wait, the more expensive they get.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

  21. #21

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51
    I feel really selfish asking my 'friend' to help reimburse me, so I don't think I'm going to do it.
    It doesn't sound like she/he felt bad in sticking you with an extra $630 ticket. They should feel selfish not you. Sounds like you let this "friend" off too easy. I would first try telling them that you can't afford the ticket nor can you find anyone to go. I would tell them you expect the money back in full and draw up a payment plan. Make them sign it. If they are truly a friend they will not only sign it, but apologize as well. I would pay back $10 a week if I needed to do so. That's what friends do.

    People go to court for things like this all the time and often win as it appears you had a verbal agreement. If they don't sign a document regarding a payment plan then follow up with a certified letter so you have a written record of your attempt. You are a nice person and you deserve better. I hope it all works out.
    PLEASE HELP AIDAN'S FAMILY!!

  22. #22
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Westchester-ish

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    I'm sorry but I am still a little confused. You have your ticket that you paid $630 for but does your "friend" have her own ticket or did you buy both tickets?

  23. #23
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Bernie51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    I don't know. Court is a little too extreme.

    She bought her own ticket, and I bought mine. So that's why I think trying to get my money back from her is kind of selfish.

    So this is what happened. She acutally told my friend to tell me that she couldn't stay in Spain because she had a job interview and had to come back to the states. So in other words, she was completely afraid of me and had to go to a 3rd party to give me the news. I'm more upset that she treated me this way and hindered my search for an internship/job then I am about the cost of the plane ticket. I hate how she thinks she can just push me to the back her mind and fail to realize how extreme her actions are. She's so selfish and a flaming attention whore. I feel like I always have to work hard for everything while she gets everything served to her. Her family is loaded (her uncle brought the porn industry to the U.S. and owns it and the WWF) so she has the luxury of making split-second decisions, and the only reason why she's so successful when it comes the internships is because she has a lot of connections (she babysat for Gary Sheffield's agent's kids so he hooked her up with an internship and it just escalated from then on).

    I seriously can't be friends with rich people. With the way I grew up, no way. I try, but it doesn't work out. It never does.

    Yeah, so I talked to my friend and she said that if I can find some random person who wants to go to Europe with me for the summer (of course, that person would have to pay for his/her own tickets), then I wouldn't be wasting the plane tickets. However, that's easier said than done.
    "I told them, 'You guys [Prior and Wood] are good,'" Dunston said. "'But this guy [Maddux] is the best.'"

  24. #24
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    B51:

    Did you fully intend to go to Spain when you'd bought the ticket?
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  25. #25
    Released Outright NYYBombshell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA

    Re: God, I'm in a huge f*cking dilemma..help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51
    I don't know. Court is a little too extreme.

    She bought her own ticket, and I bought mine. So that's why I think trying to get my money back from her is kind of selfish.

    So this is what happened. She acutally told my friend to tell me that she couldn't stay in Spain because she had a job interview and had to come back to the states. So in other words, she was completely afraid of me and had to go to a 3rd party to give me the news. I'm more upset that she treated me this way and hindered my search for an internship/job then I am about the cost of the plane ticket. I hate how she thinks she can just push me to the back her mind and fail to realize how extreme her actions are. She's so selfish and a flaming attention whore. I feel like I always have to work hard for everything while she gets everything served to her. Her family is loaded (her uncle brought the porn industry to the U.S. and owns it and the WWF) so she has the luxury of making split-second decisions, and the only reason why she's so successful when it comes the internships is because she has a lot of connections (she babysat for Gary Sheffield's agent's kids so he hooked her up with an internship and it just escalated from then on).

    I seriously can't be friends with rich people. With the way I grew up, no way. I try, but it doesn't work out. It never does.

    Yeah, so I talked to my friend and she said that if I can find some random person who wants to go to Europe with me for the summer (of course, that person would have to pay for his/her own tickets), then I wouldn't be wasting the plane tickets. However, that's easier said than done.

    So she paid for her own ticket? Why should she refund you money you didn't spend?

    I'm confused now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts