+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 213 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 209 210 211 212 213 LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 5323

Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

Buff Bagwell seriously hurt in car crash.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...r-crash-042512

Get well Marcus
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

Mr. Paul Heyman, what the heck is going on with Brock Lesnar?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8URjv...eature=g-all-u
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Was blown away by the first two and half hours of the Over the Limit PPV that just passed. The last two matches sucked something fierce, but the overall show was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    Was blown away by the first two and half hours of the Over the Limit PPV that just passed. The last two matches sucked something fierce, but the overall show was fantastic.
    That Bryan-Punk match was as good as it gets

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Yes, it was. The four way as also very good and the tag team title match was excellent; Ziggler and Swagger bring a new school style with an old school feel. They're amazing to watch. It makes me sad they won't ever resurrect the tag division for real; the potential is there for sure.

The surprise battle royal was entertaining and did a good job of getting the crowd hot to start the night.

I'd Rather Play Calvinball NyQuil's Avatar

Cena/Johnny Ace was good for what it was but it should have not been the main event.
    I'm in your thread, stealing RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees' identity.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...

I really hope the WWE keeps building the Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk matchup as the next great WWE feud storyline.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Raw 1000 was sick

Turning Punk heel...again. So basically they just rewinded everything back to last summer. The men and the hardcore Attitude Era fans will still cheer him. I'm ok with it because Punk is a much better heel anyways. His work last year as the anti-hero heel was fantastic. He lost alot of his edginess after he went straight babyface. Hopefully we go back to seeing more of his great heel promos that we saw last year.

Give me the Zoppity mentalgidget's Avatar

Former fan here... haven't followed in about 5 years or so so please forgive the dumb question but why no Austin last night?
    I watched and was entertained with the throwbacks and actually rewound to re-watch Takers' entrance
    Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by mentalgidget View Post
    Former fan here... haven't followed in about 5 years or so so please forgive the dumb question but why no Austin last night?
    I watched and was entertained with the throwbacks and actually rewound to re-watch Takers' entrance
    He's filming a movie...obviously I guess he couldnt get the time off to make the show.

NYYF Legend

Austin got knee surgery on July 2. He's rehabbing. If it was just him filming a movie, we would've seen him.

Punk going heel is good. He's.the #1 most legitimate heel they have now, and will be the most effective. And he puts on a hell of a match. That said, he's still my boy.

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2 View Post
    Austin got knee surgery on July 2. He's rehabbing. If it was just him filming a movie, we would've seen him.

Punk going heel is good. He's.the #1 most legitimate heel they have now, and will be the most effective. And he puts on a hell of a match. That said, he's still my boy.
    I cannot wait for his promo on Monday Night Raw. I expect him to go into full-fledged heel mode about how even when he was outselling Cena in merchandise it was Cena who was main-eventing PPVs. I also expect him to lay into the Rock for getting a title match after winning 1 match in the last seven years (I just throw that amount of years old, not sure if it is correct).

The Kane/Daniel Bryan anger management segments are hilarious.

Dont know if anyone was watching Raw tonight....but Jerry Lawler suffered a heartattack during the show. Was during one of the matches he was calling while at the announce desk. Very surreal in that the announcers were silent for awhile, and then after the match Cole came on and told everyone what happened. He was understandably quite shaken. I'm reading thru various reports that they almost stopped the show but decided to finish it up.

They are saying he's stable but in serious condition now.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19507908/...de-in-montreal

Smith Hart, brother of WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, says he was told by a friend backstage at Monday's Raw at Centre Bell in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that Jerry Lawler was "clinically dead" for twenty minutes being revived by a defibrillator.

He wrote on Twitter, "According to my friend Jeremy Prophet who was backstage at RAW, Jerry was clinically dead for 20 min before being brought back by defibrilat."

According to the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation, clinical death is the medical term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing, which are two necessary criteria to sustain life. This occurs when the heart stops beating in a regular rhythm and is also known as cardiac arrest.

Hart noted that "it has been confirmed that Jerry did suffer a heart attack." Since medical personnel were at ringside, Lawler was able to receive immediate treatment.

According to sources, Lawler remains in stable condition. He is breathing on his own and his heart is beating on its own, but is considered not out of danger.
    Hope he's not brain dead from the lack of oxygen. Scary stuff.

You can hear the odd breathing begin at about 6:54.

Luckily this happened in a place where there was medical personnel on stand by and he could be attended to immediately....sounds like if he was at a place where this wasnt the case, he wouldnt have made it. God bless the EMT's for bringing him back. Hopefully he pulls all the way through.

Much respect to Michael Cole for working his way through that, I cant imagine how hard it must have been.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I hope he's OK. When Cole said they were doing CPR on him I knew it was bad. Hope there isn't any brain damage.

Dont know if anyone was watching Raw tonight....but Jerry Lawler suffered a heartattack during the show. Was during one of the matches he was calling while at the announce desk. Very surreal in that the announcers were silent for awhile, and then after the match Cole came on and told everyone what happened. He was understandably quite shaken. I'm reading thru various reports that they almost stopped the show but decided to finish it up.

They are saying he's stable but in serious condition now.
    I heard about this. Ugh. Someone was updating me last night and it sounded bad but not nearly as bad as some of the above sounds. 20 minutes is a long time to be gone. Amazing that they were able to bring him back. Hopefully he's able to make a full recovery, or at least get better. Scary stuff. I don't watch wrestling any more, but I definitely have plenty of fond memories of listening to Lawler and JR.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I haven't been or watched a WWE match in over 20 years but tomorrow is my nephew's birthday and we are taking him to the match in Bridgeport. Should be ah, interesting.
    Life is good!

I'm starting to think this Punk-Austin match is going to happen down the road.

NYYF Legend

I'm starting to think this Punk-Austin match is going to happen down the road.
    Do you mean after next Wrestlemania? That would make sense because it will already be loaded w/ Rock, Lesnar and the other usual suspects. I could see Austin wanting to wait until his return would be the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    Do you mean after next Wrestlemania? That would make sense because it will already be loaded w/ Rock, Lesnar and the other usual suspects. I could see Austin wanting to wait until his return would be the main event.
    I am wondering if it will be this WM. Its looking like Rock-Cena will be the WWE title match...Rock will beat Punk for the belt at RR. Lesnar will likely go against HHH again or Taker. I think Ziggler-Bryan or Ziggler-Sheamus will be the World title match. Where does that leave Punk? I dont see them including him in the Rock-Cena stuff and making it a triple threat. I dont see him doing anything with HHH or Lesnar. Maybe Taker is an outside possibility.

Austin makes sense if he's ready to wrestle. They are slowly building up that feud with Punk taking shots at Austin every week on Raw, and now with Austin responding via video on his website. Historically WWE doesnt have a current performer start mentioning someone every week during his promos unless they are planning a feud between the two. I dont think they would be doing this if this match wasnt in the plans, whether its this WM or down the road. I'm beginning to believe this match will happen this WM though.

Thread Information