+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 213 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 208 209 210 211 212 213 LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 5323
  1. #5251
    22 gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    YMMV, I'd hardly call Rock/Cena awesome.

    Rock, frankly, looked terrible -- he was too stiff to bump right half the time and stuff like his attempt to take a simple hip toss was pretty tragic. Cena had to work his ass off to carry him in an overly obvious way and, given how much time they had to prepare for this, that simply shouldn't have been the case.

    I really liked HHH/Undertaker though and found it significantly better than last year's match. it wasn't just mindless bomb after bomb; they actually bothered to tell a story.
    Ye ok Cena didnt carry Rock I thought the Rock was solid in ring but rusty, Cena always sucks but overall I'm happy how it turned out. I really thought Cena was a shoe in so I had a legit mark out moment when Rock pinned him 1-2-3.

    HHH/Taker was amazing, made the show worth $55 by itself. I wouldnt be mad if they both hang it up, it was that good. Of course if I go to next years I'd like for em both to be on the card. If they just included the money in the bank match this year, wouldve been best or top 2 WM of all time but WWE doesnt want to give away too much.

    DBryan was so over but Vince is really sick in the head with some of his decisions. He does what he wants not whats best for the business. Oh well it'll never be what it was anyway but it sure is nice when it comes close like tonight.

    Best Miami/Florida crowd fir a sporting event Ive ever seen btw
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  2. #5252

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    I can't stand Cena in general, but he beyond didn't suck tonight. the guy put in a heck of a performance and pulled a gassed opponent through. he deserves praise for it.

    as much as I love The Rock and was extremely glad he went over, he blew up early and was rusty, and, frankly, just not very good. if he's going to do this again (and I assume he will, probably against Cena), he's got a ton of work he's got to put back in that he seemingly hasn't yet.

  3. #5253

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    39 years old and probably has spent the better part of 10 years doing everything but keeping himself ring ready. He was never going to look all that good and thats why the match needed a ton of hype.

    But he is the biggest star and when he is around, it brings more casual fan interest to the WWE and that is all that matters for them.


    One thing that stands out concerned Cena though, is that no matter how much they try to push him forward. he just doesnt have that certain something that Rocky has or Hogan had...or HBK has/had. Even Stone Cold had it.

    Maybe he is held back because of the era he is in but he just doesnt have any charisma.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  4. #5254
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    I can't stand Cena in general, but he beyond didn't suck tonight. the guy put in a heck of a performance and pulled a gassed opponent through. he deserves praise for it.

    as much as I love The Rock and was extremely glad he went over, he blew up early and was rusty, and, frankly, just not very good. if he's going to do this again (and I assume he will, probably against Cena), he's got a ton of work he's got to put back in that he seemingly hasn't yet.
    In Rock's defense...this was his first singles match in 9 years. And it was a 30 minute match, in the main event at WM. Considering all that, I thought Rock looked great and performed as well as could be expected. He was a bit tentative early on, but the final 20 minutes...he was excellent IMO.

  5. #5255
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    39 years old and probably has spent the better part of 10 years doing everything but keeping himself ring ready. He was never going to look all that good and thats why the match needed a ton of hype.

    But he is the biggest star and when he is around, it brings more casual fan interest to the WWE and that is all that matters for them.


    One thing that stands out concerned Cena though, is that no matter how much they try to push him forward. he just doesnt have that certain something that Rocky has or Hogan had...or HBK has/had. Even Stone Cold had it.

    Maybe he is held back because of the era he is in but he just doesnt have any charisma.
    The way they protray Cena's character...he just has no appeal to a large section of the audience. He's basically playing the same character as Hogan did in the 80s, but that character back then appealed to everyone; back then the babyfaces were still playing the same role, the "clean cut, I fight the good fight and I love the fans" character. We knew nothing different. Then the Attitude Era came along. And we saw guys like Austin, Rock, HHH, Angle etc. basically playing the same character regardless of if they were a face or heel. We saw how awesome that was to see characters who were in shades of gray, who were truly just playing a tweener role...I mean look at heel Austin in 96-97 and face Austin in 98-99 and there are barely any differences. Same with heel Rock in 98-99 and face Rock in 00-01.

    Cena now is playing more of that white bred 1980s babyface role...and it doesnt work for the section of the audience that lived thru the Attitude Era. It appeals to the kids because they dont know anything else...and the women like him because....well I dont know why. I mean if you remember when Cena was doing the rapper gimmick as both a heel and later a face, he was cheered by everyone. It was a fun character that had an edge to it, he spoke his mind, he showed emotion and didnt pander to the crowd. His character now is just bland and boring...has no edge or attitude behind it. There's nothing appealing about it.

    Maybe losing this match to Rock will hopefully lead to some kind of character change. If not a full heel turn, at least a change away from the "smiling, nothing bothers me, no selling, no emotion" lame character he's been playing.

  6. #5256
    NYYF Legend

    Yankeeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North Jersey

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post

    Maybe losing this match to Rock will hopefully lead to some kind of character change. If not a full heel turn, at least a change away from the "smiling, nothing bothers me, no selling, no emotion" lame character he's been playing.
    Cena will be a "face" for a very, long time. They need the kids to love him. Isn't he like the top guy in Make-a-Wish history?

  7. #5257

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Pretty much summed it all up.

    I think those of us who went through 'Attitude Era' were just fortunate. Similar to going through a golden age in music or cinema ( or the 96-01 Yanks ), once it happens, you compare everything that proceeds it, to that particular time.
    That being said, the matches are still cool, even if you cant quite latch on to a up and coming superstar anymore.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  8. #5258
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Pretty much summed it all up.

    I think those of us who went through 'Attitude Era' were just fortunate. Similar to going through a golden age in music or cinema ( or the 96-01 Yanks ), once it happens, you compare everything that proceeds it, to that particular time.
    That being said, the matches are still cool, even if you cant quite latch on to a up and coming superstar anymore.
    Yeah I compare everything to that era too...maybe I shouldnt but that era to me is the gold standard of how matches/feuds should be booked and characters should be developed.

    As good as this WM was, in a way it shows how horrible a job WWE does of developing new stars. I mean the best matches on this card were between two 45 year olds...who perhaps may have both wrestled their last match...the other featured a 39 year old former full-time wrestler that hadnt worked a match in 9 years. Cena and Punk were the only two non-Attitude Era stars in the featured matches.

    Meanwhile, they gave no time to Bryan-Sheamus. They had Orton lose to Kane...and then Rhodes job out to Big Show. Some of the other talented guys like Ziggler, Swagger, Kingston were wasted in a dumb tag match.

    At some point...they need to give younger guys a chance. Guys like HHH, Taker, Rock, Austin etc. wont be around forever to lean back on in terms of making WM special. I mean you are already hearing stuff about them trying to get Austin wrestle at WM next year, hoping Rock works WM again, and then bringing back Lesnar. Special attractions have their place...but you also need to turn younger guys into stars too.

  9. #5259
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah View Post
    Cena will be a "face" for a very, long time. They need the kids to love him. Isn't he like the top guy in Make-a-Wish history?
    Yeah he is like the face of Make a Wish. I get why they wouldnt turn him heel....but they should be able to figure out a way to keep him face so the kiddies continue to get their parents to buy his merch...while also evolving his character into something different.

  10. #5260
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    I don't chime in here very often because I haven't been a hardcore wrestling fan for about 10 years or so. I catch some PPVs every now and then with some buddies of mine that are. I wanted to watch this though because HHH and The Rock were wrestling. I do have to say I enjoyed nearly every match last night. That was one hell of a Wresltemania. Ever since Macho Man passed HHH is now my favorite living wrestler. He put on one hell of a show, as did UT.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.


    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  11. #5261
    Trade Bait Mr.Muhozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City Of London

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    I could never have imagined Danielson being this over in the WWE. Chants during the Rocks promo, chants during the Tensai match. I'm stunned.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

  12. #5262

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    All the smarks that went to WM stuck around for Raw. What a great crowd. Too bad next week Danielson goes back to getting no reaction.

  13. #5263
    Trade Bait Mr.Muhozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City Of London

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Easily the best Raw in years. That crowd was awesome. And that F-5, oh ................ Lesnar is back
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

  14. #5264
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    All the smarks that went to WM stuck around for Raw. What a great crowd. Too bad next week Danielson goes back to getting no reaction.
    That was one of the best Raw crowds that I've seen in years. Wow. Reminded me of the Attitude Era when the crowds were like that almost every week. Its amazing how everything feels bigger and more important when the crowd is hot like that, isnt it?

    Will be interesting to see who Rock feuds with when he comes back in a few months...since Cena is now preoccupied w/someone else, and especially after claiming he wants the title again. I know there have been Austin-Punk rumors for awhile, but I think Rock-Punk would be just as good if not better...esp since they can play off Punk's apparent dislike of the Rock.

  15. #5265

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread


  16. #5266

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    I'm sick of the Cena angle but the dude comes off as a legitimately good person so it's tough to hate too much.

    But then again, I don't pay close attention as I used to so I could be totally wrong.

  17. #5267
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    Easily the best Raw in years. That crowd was awesome. And that F-5, oh ................ Lesnar is back
    That was a massive F-5. I thought Cena broke his nose on the landing.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

  18. #5268
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread




    YES!! YES!! YES!!

  19. #5269
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    WWE says 'Don't try this': WWE fan dies in cousin's chokehold

    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...-cousin-040212
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

  20. #5270
    Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Bedford

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    YMMV, I'd hardly call Rock/Cena awesome.

    Rock, frankly, looked terrible -- he was too stiff to bump right half the time and stuff like his attempt to take a simple hip toss was pretty tragic. Cena had to work his ass off to carry him in an overly obvious way and, given how much time they had to prepare for this, that simply shouldn't have been the case.

    I really liked HHH/Undertaker though and found it significantly better than last year's match. it wasn't just mindless bomb after bomb; they actually bothered to tell a story.
    I partially agree with this. It was pretty clear to me that Cena carried the Rock, and since Cena isn't very good, neither was the match. Could have been worse, though.

    HHH/Taker was way better than last year, other than the finish. Last year's finish was done absolutely perfectly. Overall, this was better, though. The HiaC didn't really come into play much, though.

    Jericho/Punk was fantastic. The rest of the show was pretty ................ing boring. The most entertaining thing going on before the HHH/Taker match was the fan reaction to Brian Danielson. The Johnny Ace/Thaddeus control match just felt like a waste of Ziggler, Kofi, Swagger, Miz, and Booker. You dusted off Booker T for this ................? Why?

    Pretty disappointing overall, but since I didn't pay for it I won't complain much. I am looking forward to catching up on Raw, though, since I missed it last night. The fallout from PPVs is often entertaining.

  21. #5271
    Addicted Member
    b0mber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Section 203

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    ^Agreed i would have been pretty pissed if i shelled out $55 or whatever it was for the PPV. But i didn't pay for it so im not gona complain, i think jericho/punk was definitely the fight of the night though.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

    Operation 28

  22. #5272
    NYYF Legend

    NyQuil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Western NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    I swear that 70% of the IWC has an IQ of less than their shoe size.
    I'm in your thread, stealing RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees' identity.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...

  23. #5273
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    I swear that 70% of the IWC has an IQ of less than their shoe size.
    What in particular has you laughing at them this time?

  24. #5274
    NYYF Legend

    NyQuil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Western NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    A shorter list would be what doesn't. I just need to stop reading message boards during RAW.

    I was interested in the Lesnar angle but tonight proved it going to go like this:

    Every Raw leading up to Extreme Rules - Cena gets destroyed by Lesnar.
    Extreme Rules PPV - Cena buries Lesnar.

    Rinse and repeat with the next heel.
    I'm in your thread, stealing RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees' identity.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...

  25. #5275
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    A shorter list would be what doesn't. I just need to stop reading message boards during RAW.

    I was interested in the Lesnar angle but tonight proved it going to go like this:

    Every Raw leading up to Extreme Rules - Cena gets destroyed by Lesnar.
    Extreme Rules PPV - Cena buries Lesnar.

    Rinse and repeat with the next heel.
    I'm surprised they are going with a Cena-Lesnar match already at the next PPV. Seems like a waste....unless they are planning this feud to last many months. They cant bury Brock too much mainly because a) I dont think he would come back and agree to get buried and b) I think we're gonna see a Lesnar-Rock WM29 title match, so they need to keep making him look strong.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts