+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 213 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

I haven't watched WWE in a while and I've never watched a full show of TNA. Which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    I haven't watched WWE in a while and I've never watched a full show of TNA. Which is better?
    WWE has better promos, and is more "entertainment" based. TNA has some great wrestling, but lacks in the "entertainment" department. It depends on who you ask. If you want the big stars and Hollywood-like production, then WWE is better. But if you want to see some great wrestling action like the X-Division, TNA is better.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan

TNA probably has more high-flying type matches right now. The X Division matches are a spot-fest....with guys like Styles, Joe, Daniels etc

but I still think WWE can put on better "wrestling" matches. TNA doesnt have any guys who are capable of putting on 5-star technical classics with great storytelling. Angle-Taker at No Way Out 2 weeks ago was an example of that, the Angle-HBK series from 2005 another example....TNA isnt capable of putting on a match like that

Quote Originally Posted by NYYRules#1
    Yea, I was laughing throughout that whole segment. I was really laughing when King and Styles pushed the obvious Cena boos off on Coach. I can't wait for it either. I'm not a HHH fan, but him having the belt is 10 times better than Cena having it.

I have never seen the WWE this stubborn before. In the past when faces were booed...they would just go with it, and let the guys turn heel.

They are just being unbelievably stubborn with this Cena situation. And I really dont see why it would be such a bad thing if he turned heel. He was pretty good as a heel in 2003-2004.

NYYF Cy Young

Jericho supposedly signed with TNA, so that now gives them two legit non-x division guys.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mik3
    Jericho supposedly signed with TNA, so that now gives them two legit non-x division guys.
    That's interesting, I may have to start watching TNA now. Who do you consider the other legit guy? Christian?

NYYF Cy Young

Yeah, it's him and Christian, then probably Monty Brown.

Other than that it's just guys who are nothing but high spots and no real wrestling, or guys way past their prime like rhino, jarrett, konnan, sting.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, it's him and Christian, then probably Monty Brown.

Other than that it's just guys who are nothing but high spots and no real wrestling, or guys way past their prime like rhino, jarrett, konnan, sting.
    Is that the same Monty Brown who used to play for the Pats a while ago? He mentioned at the time that he wanted to go into wrestling when he stopped playing football.

NYYF Cy Young

Yup, that's him. Although he's sorta old he's only been wrestling a few years so he doesn't have the normal beating a mid-30s wrestler has on their body.

where did you hear this??

NYYF Cy Young

Wrestlezone reported it, and they're pretty much always right with that sort of stuff (signings/releases)

It's a fake news article, WrestleZone has been putting those up as advertisements for the past few years. Notice how it says to click a link at the end of the paragraph, and it will take you to another news site.

Jericho did NOT sign with TNA, it's fake.

Chris Jericho's website is featuring a full report on his recent signing with TNA Wrestling. In the article, it covers on when his first match will be and against who. You can read the whole article by CLICKING HEREM
    The link is an ad for one of WrestleZone's partners. They use "Jericho signing with TNA" because they know people will click to find out if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    TNA probably has more high-flying type matches right now. The X Division matches are a spot-fest....with guys like Styles, Joe, Daniels etc

but I still think WWE can put on better "wrestling" matches. TNA doesnt have any guys who are capable of putting on 5-star technical classics with great storytelling. Angle-Taker at No Way Out 2 weeks ago was an example of that, the Angle-HBK series from 2005 another example....TNA isnt capable of putting on a match like that
    Styles, Daniels, and Joe are NOT spot machines. They are three of the best technical wrestlers on the indy scene without question, and all three would easily rank in any top 10 list of best technical wrestlers in the U.S.

NYYF Cy Young

Daniels and Joe, Styles is a bit of a spot machine to me.

Daniels and Joe, Styles is a bit of a spot machine to me.
    They're 50/50 on spot matches and technical matches in TNA, but if you watch there work in ROH, IWA, IWA: MS, Wildside, etc. you'll see that all three are not spot machines at all, and are some of the best technical workers in the entire country.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks
    Styles, Daniels, and Joe are NOT spot machines. They are three of the best technical wrestlers on the indy scene without question, and all three would easily rank in any top 10 list of best technical wrestlers in the U.S.

Anytime I watch them....its mostly spots. Any X Division match I've seen involving them is all spots. Dont get me wrong...spotfests can be very entertaining. But they do get boring after awhile.

I remember when WWE crammed about 3 or 4 TLC matches into the span of one year....by the 3rd one, it just was meaningless....and it was boring because the wrestlers were doing the same spots over and over again.

TNA doesnt have guys like Angle, Benoit, HBK who can go out there....and put on a mat-based wrestling clinic while still keeping the crowd hot. Angle-Benoit at the 2003 Royal Rumble is an example of that.

TNA doesnt have guys like Angle, Benoit, HBK who can go out there....and put on a mat-based wrestling clinic while still keeping the crowd hot. Angle-Benoit at the 2003 Royal Rumble is an example of that.
    Again, you're basing this off of their work in TNA. That is just a very small portion of what they have done. All three do more "spot-based" matches in TNA, but have wrestled far more technical mat-based matches in their careers.

Again, you're basing this off of their work in TNA. That is just a very small portion of what they have done. All three do more "spot-based" matches in TNA, but have wrestled far more technical mat-based matches in their careers.
    TNA also has very innovative matches in their resume.

If you liked the ladder matches, TLC matches, and the Hell in a Cell matches the WWE has, you should check out TNA's own innovative matches.

The Ultimate X Match is the hottest match in professional wrestling. The King of the Mountain match is another great match. Monster's Ball makes the ECW Hardcore Wrestling fans happy. And the Six Sides of Steel cage match.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Finally had to change avatars NYYRules#1's Avatar
    Bronx, NY (Home of the Yanks!)/Trumbull, CT

Daniels and Joe both wipe the floor with 90% of WWE's main roster. You should check out some of their ROH work if you think they're spot machines. They're far from it. Joe is one of the best wrestlers in the U.S. today.

And TNa can go out their and put on classics - look at the first Joe/Daniels/Styles triple threat. That was undisputedly a 4 star match. It was amazing, and probably will go down in history as a classic.

But Joe has put on countless classics. Joe/Kobashi, all 3 Joe/CM Punk matches, Joe/Danielson... just to name a few.
    27-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS

Well...TNA is all I see them in. I cant flip on a channel and watch ROH or other indy shows...cuz they arent on TV.

So I just go by whatever I see.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYRules#1
    Daniels and Joe both wipe the floor with 90% of WWE's main roster. You should check out some of their ROH work if you think they're spot machines. They're far from it. Joe is one of the best wrestlers in the U.S. today.

And TNa can go out their and put on classics - look at the first Joe/Daniels/Styles triple threat. That was undisputedly a 4 star match. It was amazing, and probably will go down in history as a classic.

But Joe has put on countless classics. Joe/Kobashi, all 3 Joe/CM Punk matches, Joe/Danielson... just to name a few.
    The second triple threat between Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, and AJ Styles at Against All Odds 2006 is not that bad either. The first one at TNA Unbreakable 2005 was a 5-star match and so is this one.

I always remember the two 60-minute Ironman matches between CM Punk and Samoa Joe in RoH.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Well...TNA is all I see them in. I cant flip on a channel and watch ROH or other indy shows...cuz they arent on TV.

So I just go by whatever I see.
    The only way to watch RoH Wrestling is buying their DVDs.

Hey NYYRules#1,

Are you goin' to watch the CZW/ROH show When Worlds Collide on March 11 at the ECW Arena?

Here's the American Dragon Bryan Danielson invading CZW...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiwEFe2Jkno&search=RoH

Finally had to change avatars NYYRules#1's Avatar
    Bronx, NY (Home of the Yanks!)/Trumbull, CT

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55
    Hey NYYRules#1,

Are you goin' to watch the CZW/ROH show When Worlds Collide on March 11 at the ECW Arena?

Here's the American Dragon Bryan Danielson invading CZW...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiwEFe2Jkno&search=RoH
    I wish I was. Sadly I won't be able to. That will be a terrific show though - I'll definitely buy the DVD when it comes out.
    27-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS

Midway grabs licsence to make TNA game for Next Gen Machine

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/693/693151p1.html

Thread Information