+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 213 FirstFirst ... 7 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 5323
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

Yeah, I just read that, such a shame. His performence at the 1st ONS was insane. He was the most hated man in the building, but turned out the best performence.

If anyone is involved in death pools, i would list as many wrestlers as possible. Wow, 42, thats sad, any word on cause of death? Guessing heart failure
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF Legend

They found him hanging, so sucicide its the leading theory. The sad thing is he died on Saturday

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    If anyone is involved in death pools, i would list as many wrestlers as possible. Wow, 42, thats sad, any word on cause of death? Guessing heart failure
    According to the wrestling observer it could be suicide, what a shame.

RIP Mike.

Friends were coming to his home in Tampa to pick him up and go out Saturday night at about 10:30 p.m. and he never answered the door and found him hanging in the home. It is believed the death was due to suicide pending results of the autopsy.
    http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/....asp?aID=18705

Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Kurt Angle says that "Batista is horrible"

http://nodq.com/tna/173928893.shtml

Live Audio Wrestling aired a segment of the interview they recently conducted with Kurt Angle over the weekend. Here are the highlights:

- He said in WWE, he was on the road for about 300 days per year. He wanted to either reduce his schedule and work part time or quit.

- Angle said he called for the meeting with Vince McMahon. He said he was tired of working hurt.

- He said he showed Vince his lower body which had black and blue marks from hip to hip. According to Angle, Vince said, “I guess you won’t be wrestling in the triple threat ladder match tonight.”

- When Angle wanted the meeting, Vince kept avoiding him.

- Angle felt trapped by his contract, and told Vince that he felt like he was going to kill himself. He said Vince threw the $30 million MMA contract offer back in his face, and released him. He feels Vince saw liability, and decided to grant his release.

- Angle said he and John Cena were the most productive wrestlers in WWE.

- Angle wanted to just do television and PPVs in WWE, which of course Vince didn’t want any part of.

- Vince told Angle to take six months off, and come back re-sign with him, and Angle agreed. Angle said his plan was to jump to TNA.

- “Vince Russo is the best writer in wrestling,” said Angle.

- Angle said he isn’t involved in creative, but does offer his opinions as he feels necessary. He said if they wanted him to be apart of creative, he would do it.

- He said TNA is looking to get a two hour time slot by year’s end. He said a one hour television show is really 42 minutes.

- Angle said TNA has talents they haven’t even introduced yet that are better than most WWE’s main eventers, and are holding off until they get the extra TV time.

- He feels Christian never got a chance in WWE because of the perceived lack of size. He feels Christian is as good if not better than Edge. Angle said WWE could have been made money with Christian.

- He said Cena is a very hard worker, but not a very good wrestler.

- “I think Batista is horrible,” said Angle. He said Batista is a product of Vince’s fetish with big guys.

- He said he would rather have Samoa Joe over Cena or Batista.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie51Williams
    I can't believe this, Mike Awesome has passed away.

R.I.P Mike Awesome
    RIP Mike Awesome.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.

- “Vince Russo is the best writer in wrestling,” said Angle.
    That made me laugh. Russo is only good when he has Vince McMahon to filter out all his garbage. For every good idea Russo has, he has 10 horrible ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks
    That made me laugh. Russo is only good when he has Vince McMahon to filter out all his garbage. For every good idea Russo has, he has 10 horrible ones.
    Please Kurt. Paul Heyman is the best writer in wrestling. Heyman doesn't need any help.

Vince Russo is terrible without Vince McMahon.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan
    According to the wrestling observer it could be suicide, what a shame.

RIP Mike.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/....asp?aID=18705
    man thats awful, wrestling is a horrible lifestyle and i guess it takes its toll on people differently
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks
    Russo circa WWF 1995-97 came up with the worst gimmicks in wrestling history. Awful Awful gimmicks

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55
    Kurt Angle says that "Batista is horrible"

- He feels Christian never got a chance in WWE because of the perceived lack of size. He feels Christian is as good if not better than Edge. Angle said WWE could have been made money with Christian.

- He said Cena is a very hard worker, but not a very good wrestler.

- “I think Batista is horrible,” said Angle. He said Batista is a product of Vince’s fetish with big guys.

- He said he would rather have Samoa Joe over Cena or Batista.

http://nodq.com/tna/173928893.shtml
    I agree with all of these points that Kurt made, most of the others are laughable. Kurt was one of my favorite wrestlers of the last 5+ years and it sounds like he's taken a little too much pain medication lately.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55
    Please Kurt. Paul Heyman is the best writer in wrestling. Heyman doesn't need any help.

Vince Russo is terrible without Vince McMahon.
    Cornette is better than Heyman.

Nice to see the barberpole get dusted off from the Brutus Beefcake days. Even with that lead in with Trump and McMahon when I saw that barberpole I was expecting to see Brother Bruti, as Hulk Hogan called him, in the ring.

NYYF Legend

First RAW i've seen in weeks. Not that Mike Awesome was a huge player in the WWE (though wasn't he the first invasion member to win a title, or even appear) but they should've just showed an image or video of him with his dates and stuff.

Ok so who does Trump "pick" to go up against Umaga at WM??

Its gotta be someone big....and TBH I cant think of anyone....unless Vince is gonna try one more time to get Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    First RAW i've seen in weeks. Not that Mike Awesome was a huge player in the WWE (though wasn't he the first invasion member to win a title, or even appear) but they should've just showed an image or video of him with his dates and stuff.
    I expect them to do the dates tomorrow on ECW. Even though it's not the original ECW I think it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Ok so who does Trump "pick" to go up against Umaga at WM??

Its gotta be someone big....and TBH I cant think of anyone....unless Vince is gonna try one more time to get Hogan
    There is no doubt in my mind that Hogan lied recently when he said he is no longer in talks of doing WM or doing anything with the WWE. I'd be absolutely shocked if Hogan wasn't Trump's choice. Trump will choose Hogan and we'll hear about 10 references to Wrestlemania IV and V being held at Trump Plaza and that is how they "know" eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca
    There is no doubt in my mind that Hogan lied recently when he said he is no longer in talks of doing WM or doing anything with the WWE. I'd be absolutely shocked if Hogan wasn't Trump's choice. Trump will choose Hogan and we'll hear about 10 references to Wrestlemania IV and V being held at Trump Plaza and that is how they "know" eachother.
    Yeah its gotta be Hogan....I really dont know of anyone else it could be. The only other big name is Austin because you know he will be involved in WM this year with promoting his new movie and everything. But I dont see him stepping back into the ring.

Ace of the Staff JeterRodriguezSheff's Avatar

Anybody else dissapointed that the WWE is wasting one of their best talents in RVD? And I dont think its going to be Hogan. Im going to say either Austin, Foley or Khali.

Quote Originally Posted by JeterRodriguezSheff
    Anybody else dissapointed that the WWE is wasting one of their best talents in RVD? And I dont think its going to be Hogan. Im going to say either Austin, Foley or Khali.
    Khali would make absolutely no sense....he is a heel and more importantly nobody cares about him.

I suppose Foley is a possibility. As for RVD, he will continue to job until he negotiates a contract extension.

Ace of the Staff JeterRodriguezSheff's Avatar

Khali would make absolutely no sense....he is a heel and more importantly nobody cares about him.

I suppose Foley is a possibility. As for RVD, he will continue to job until he negotiates a contract extension.
    Oh I think Khali vs. Umaga would be garbage, wouldnt make much sense and would be even worse than Goldber vs. Lesnar(the match that made me stop watching wrestling until now).

However you have to remember one thing, this the WWE and in Vince's mind the fact that a guy is really ****ing big means more than making sense. I can see Vince's logic in using this match to give Khali some real credibility in an attempt to get him ready for a main event run. I dont agree with it, but I could totally see it happening.

That is what happens when you don't sign an extension. Sadly I cannot even believe RVD as a main eventer. I knew Edge was going to win tonight before the match occurred and his losses to Elijah Burke have made him lose credibility. I just can't take RVD seriously.

I do not think it will be Austin, he said he'll never wrestle again and I believe that. His neck is still messed up. I could see him being the ref in the match.

Foley makes sense as he'll do anything for a paycheck. I cannot say I blame him but he's made a joke out his "retirement," then again most wrestlers do.

Sadly I could see Khali being Trump's choice for whatever reason even though it makes absolutely no sense.

It has to be someone who will defeat Umaga, there is no way Trump is getting his head shaved.

RVD gave the WWE his notice, so now they're just jobbing him to get other guys over.

Anyone wonder what DDP has been up to?

you guess it, teaching yoga

http://www.diamonddallaspage.com/

NYYF Legend

Yeah its gotta be Hogan....I really dont know of anyone else it could be. The only other big name is Austin because you know he will be involved in WM this year with promoting his new movie and everything. But I dont see him stepping back into the ring.
    From what I've heard Hogan and Vince are back on the "hate each other" part of their relationship so Hogan isn't expected back at WM.

I know it's a long shot, but I think the Rock would be perfect for Trump's wrestler. When was his last appearance at WM? His match w/ Foley against Batista, Flair and Orton and WM XX?

Thread Information