+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 213 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 171 211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 5323

Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

Taker-Hbk was an epic match. Hopefully Orton-HHH can come close to that match.
    Rich

Ugh. HHH wins clean and Orton looks weak in the process. Very anti-climatic to say the least.

HHH and Cena leave WM as the champs. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Ugh. HHH wins clean and Orton looks weak in the process. Very anti-climatic to say the least.

HHH and Cena leave WM as the champs. Shocking.
    Tell me about it.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule2000
    Tell me about it.
    A few months ago...we had Hardy and Jericho as the champs. Of course, some things never change and it all comes back to HHH and Cena. Sigh.

Meanwhile the best heel in WWE right now, is made to look terrible in his match...and doesnt get his deserved big WM title win.

I'm kind of surprised at how uneventful the finish to HHH/Orton was. I thought Orton would win with either Steph or Shane turning on HHH, which I was expecting when the ref got knocked out. All in all though WM 25 was pretty good. Taker/HBK was easily the match of the night and one of the most exciting I've seen.
    "Gehrig, our first sacker, can certainly field, but he's woefully weak at the bat" - Lou Gehrig's high school newspaper.

Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

The HBK-Taker and Extreme Rules Jeff vs. Matt Hardy are the best matches of the night. HM maybe goes to the Money in the Bank.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55
    The HBK-Taker and Extreme Rules Jeff vs. Matt Hardy are the best matches of the night. HM maybe goes to the Money in the Bank.
    That Shelton Benjamin dive off the ladder was sick.
    "Gehrig, our first sacker, can certainly field, but he's woefully weak at the bat" - Lou Gehrig's high school newspaper.

NYYF Triple Crown

What a way to ruin somebody's great run. What does HHH gain from this victory? NOTHING. If Orton won here he would have been shot up the ladder, he would have been THE MAN. There was NO point in having him lose, NONE AT ALL!

I know I'm a damn adult already, but stuff like this pisses me off. Cena and HHH as champs?

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYIronHorse
    That Shelton Benjamin dive off the ladder was sick.
    That was crazy.

I think it was the 2nd best MITB behind WM 23's.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2
    What a way to ruin somebody's great run. What does HHH gain from this victory? NOTHING. If Orton won here he would have been shot up the ladder, he would have been THE MAN. There was NO point in having him lose, NONE AT ALL!

I know I'm a damn adult already, but stuff like this pisses me off. Cena and HHH as champs?
    While I do like HHH, I agree with you. Him keeping the belt, and winning the way he did, makes no sense to me.

Anyone else wish they would just unify the titles? I hate the fact that Edge and Cena, along with HHH will probably pass Ric Flair's 16 title reigns.

NYYF Triple Crown

Yeah, I obviously love HHH too (um...check out my name) but Orton really had to win. AND THE WAY HHH WON!? My God...the ending had to be the worst way a PPV has ever ended.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2

Im with you. The way the storyline has gone....I fully expect interference from the McMahons and Legacy. Even if they didnt have someone turn, they still should have been involved.

HHH resorting to a heel tactic (cheating then hiding the sledgehammer) and basically destroying Orton for 3-4 minutes before winning clean?? TERRIBLE. Absolutely TERRIBLE.

Outside of HBK...Orton is the best performer WWE has. He should not be buried the way he just was. Pisses me off that its always the same guys (HHH and Cena) who ALWAYS look strong, NEVER look weak and always gotta hold the damn titles.

Speaking of HBK....what does this guy have to do to get another title run? The man has had 5-star matches at two straight WM's. Match of the year in 2008, and I dont see anyone topping the match he had with Taker tonight.

He's the best in-ring performer in the company, and he's easily Top 5 in promos. How about something somewhat refreshing----an HBK-Orton or HBK-Edge title feud?

NYYF Legend

I think the WWE dropped the ball by not giving the belt to Orton and also not turning Cena heel if they were going to give him the other belt.

I didn't watch the show, so how much were the McMahons invoved in HHH's match?

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan
    I think the WWE dropped the ball by not giving the belt to Orton and also not turning Cena heel if they were going to give him the other belt.

I didn't watch the show, so how much were the McMahons invoved in HHH's match?
    They werent. Not one bit. The match was probably 20 minutes long (if that) and Orton probably got 6-7 minutes of offense. HHH dominated him and made him look weak.

Mean WOOOOOOOOOOOO By God Gene S2's Avatar

Disappointing ending but overall a very good show. Taker-Michaels was epic, the near finishes were fantastic. I legit thought Michaels was going to win it one of those times. Taker keeps his streak, Michaels keeps his role as the guy who has great matches on the big stage. I'm not really a Shawn Michaels fan but he can work. The picture of both Michaels and Undertaker on the mat after the match was over said it all.

The other matches were good, MITB, Hardy-Hardy, JBL quitting, all good. I'm not even gonna talk about Cena. Now that JBL 'quit', Cena is back atop my hate list. Hopefully they are saving either Shane or Stephanie turning on HHH for Backlash. It won't have the same effect, but it needs to happen.
    It is what it is but it ain't what you think
    I say we stomp him! Then we tattoo him! Then we hang him! And then we kill him!
    I say we let him go.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    They werent. Not one bit. The match was probably 20 minutes long (if that) and Orton probably got 6-7 minutes of offense. HHH dominated him and made him look weak.
    That's too bad, Orton was so hot right after the Rumble but between Shane and HHH they've pretty much killed him off. I thought they were going to do a six man at Backlash w/ HHH & the McMahons v. Orton & Legacy but it looks like they're planning something else.

Quote Originally Posted by S2
    Disappointing ending but overall a very good show. Taker-Michaels was epic, the near finishes were fantastic. I legit thought Michaels was going to win it one of those times. Taker keeps his streak, Michaels keeps his role as the guy who has great matches on the big stage. I'm not really a Shawn Michaels fan but he can work. The picture of both Michaels and Undertaker on the mat after the match was over said it all.

The other matches were good, MITB, Hardy-Hardy, JBL quitting, all good. I'm not even gonna talk about Cena. Now that JBL 'quit', Cena is back atop my hate list. Hopefully they are saving either Shane or Stephanie turning on HHH for Backlash. It won't have the same effect, but it needs to happen.
    I think a lot of people thought at times that HBK was going to win. What a great match with a phenomenal ending.

Quote Originally Posted by S2

I forgot about JBL.

What a 'quitter.'

I'm also upset that HHH and John Cena still have the titles.

That's the reason why I keep watching the Attitude Era highlights more than the current stuff because that era had a lot of different people winning the title.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYIronHorse
    I think a lot of people thought at times that HBK was going to win. What a great match with a phenomenal ending.
    I hope those two, HBK and the Undertaker, have another Hell in a Cell match in them. Maybe SummerSlam.

I miss the times where a wrestler destroys the announce table from any match, especially HIAC matches.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55
    I hope those two, HBK and the Undertaker, have another Hell in a Cell match in them. Maybe SummerSlam.

I miss the times where a wrestler destroys the announce table from any match, especially HIAC matches.
    I'd like to see them continue this feud but they'd have a hard time topping tonight's match. Another Hell in a Cell might come close.

Great Wrestlemania

Highlight of the night was Ricky Steamboat, he could still wrestle one hell of a match. I wish he and Jericho had 10 more minutes.

The Undertaker/HBK match was epic, I'm surprised UT didn't die when he did that backflip on the cameraman.

Glad to see Cena win the title, he definitely deserves it.

Money in the Bank was great, as always.

Mickey Rourke, you're the f'n man.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen5150
    Great Wrestlemania

Highlight of the night was Ricky Steamboat, he could still wrestle one hell of a match. I wish he and Jericho had 10 more minutes.

The Undertaker/HBK match was epic, I'm surprised UT didn't die when he did that backflip on the cameraman.

Glad to see Cena win the title, he definitely deserves it.

Money in the Bank was great, as always.

Mickey Rourke, you're the f'n man.

I pretty much agree with everything you said....except the bolded statement. Hell, I'd rather see the Big Show get a title run. At least he plays his "big man" character well.

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

I'm not that upset about Cena. First off, he didn't make his opponents come off as emasculated bitches. Second, he sells more merchandise than anyone in the company, so keeping him on top is a good idea. Third, he doesn't and never did have a spot on the booking committee, allowing himself to shoot down any and all competition for his spot behind his competition's back. Most importantly, he doesn't win in spots where all logic dictates that he shouldn't. HHH winning tonight isn't in any way better for business than Orton winning.

I had about a three year period where my HHHate completely wore down and eventually disappeared entirely. The past 12 months, he's been slowly building it back up. Tonight he completely reminded me why I hated him so ................ing much 5-8 years ago. The best part was how he jizzed himself when his post match pyro was going on. WTF?

NYYF Triple Crown

I'm not a fan of Cena, but I have to admit his entrance was cool. I loved how they played his old entrance theme for the fake Cenas, that was cool.

I wish all the big stars had their own entrances though; two years in a row Randy Orton has been in the main event (or title match) and he's had a generic entrance while his opponents have something special for theirs.

Thread Information