+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 213 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 169 209 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 5323
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Now THATS how you book Randy Orton. Nice job making him look like a disgusting, sick, ruthless heel who will hurt whoever gets in his way.
    By using his finisher: The RKO.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55
    By using his finisher: The RKO.
    I'm guessing he didn't use the RKO because he already took Stephanie out that way. Not to mention she hesitated getting into the ring, which I'm certain was set up so he can hit the elevated DDT. I liked him hitting the DDT better because he just held on to her and looked towards Hunter as he tried reaching. It looks like he's just doing it as a tease until he actually drops her. I didn't mind last night's ending segment at all.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

The last few months have really won me over as an Orton fan. They were able to recover from the Shane debacle. He HAS to walk away from WM with the belt, right??

Also, anyone pick up Legends of Wrestlemania? I don't like that they charge full price, in stead of a cheaper price, especially considering how limited the game looks. Maybe in a few months when I can get it used for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    The last few months have really won me over as an Orton fan. They were able to recover from the Shane debacle. He HAS to walk away from WM with the belt, right??

Also, anyone pick up Legends of Wrestlemania? I don't like that they charge full price, in stead of a cheaper price, especially considering how limited the game looks. Maybe in a few months when I can get it used for $20.
    Lets hope so. I still think Stephanie will turn heel and align w/Orton. Either way, Orton needs to be the champ...and he needs to have a nice long title run.

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

I'll probably rent it but I don't think I'd buy it.

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

Also, I dunno why but I like the Big Show. I find him entertaining for a giant, goofy dude.

I don't think thats how wrestling (or WWE) generally works. They usually don't build up a heel, crushing the face in the process on route to the match and then have him win the title against the face. HHH isn't going to get buried by Orton, especially at WM25

I loved the HBK promo last night
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    I don't think thats how wrestling (or WWE) generally works. They usually don't build up a heel, crushing the face in the process on route to the match and then have him win the title against the face. HHH isn't going to get buried by Orton, especially at WM25

I loved the HBK promo last night
    Orton needs the belt though. This is actually the first Raw in awhile they've made Orton look strong...before this he was made to look like a p*ssy while they've made HHH look like SuperHunter.

Orton's the best performer in the company right now....if he doesnt get it at WM then he better win it at Backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Orton needs the belt though. This is actually the first Raw in awhile they've made Orton look strong...before this he was made to look like a p*ssy while they've made HHH look like SuperHunter.

Orton's the best performer in the company right now....if he doesnt get it at WM then he better win it at Backlash.
    If Orton wins, I would love to see this match go on last and Orton walk out to end the night as Champion. HHH was the only heel to win the main event of Mania
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF Legend

Maaaad Orton love in here now. Its funny to me, but only because I remember a few years ago when people were talking about his robotic way of talking during promos and his inability to act. I kind of wish I recorded Raws every once in a while just so I can see how the performers characters have changed over the years. And regarding Legends of Wrestlemania, I haven't even THOUGHT of buying it. Renting yes, but from what I've read its so different in regards to control scheme and stuff that it might be a long time before I buy it. $20 used sounds about right though, besides I just want to play as Shawn Michaels and The Rock.

NYYF Triple Crown

I've always been a big fan of Orton, always knew he had that look to be a superstar. He HAS to win at Wrestlemania, because if he wins there (a clean win would be perfect...but this is HHH he's facing), he's shot up to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows
    These WWE made movies continue to look worse and worse... they will continue to hemorrhage money from that division until, [b]like the WBF and XFL before it[b], Vince will be forced to concede defeat and pull the plug...
    Forgot to mention ICOPRO. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by CallOfTheCrow
    Also, I dunno why but I like the Big Show. I find him entertaining for a giant, goofy dude.
    His work has been stellar since last Summer. Better promos, facial expressions, ring presence, and even a mild upgrade in workrate.

Really, all of the main event heels in the WWE have been doing awesome stuff since last summer... Jericho, Orton, Edge, Show have all upped their stuff. I can't help but wonder if that's why they decided to take MVP in this direction, even though he was clearly on the cusp of being their next cash money heel.

Speaking of MVP... does anybody think they might be pushing him a babyface so that, in a few months, he can completely turn on the fans and get even more heat? Think about it... he was an arrogant piece of garbage who, having tumbled disgracefully down the ladder of success, was made humble... the fans he once derided generously showered this poor loser with sympathy, in turn helping him rebound to his formerly winning ways. Then, just as he's reclaimed his glory, he decides he doesn't need those stupid fans anymore.

I'm I reaching or is this a realistic possibility?

NYYF Legend

I'm watching the Smackdown I DVRed, and HBK just came out. At first I thought it was completely stupid, but when he looked up from the ring, smiled, and tossed the hat off I thought it was completely stupid and funny. He's cutting a nice pseudo-heel promo though. Speaking of stupid.....Matt Hardy's promo was good, except for the incessant kissing and babytalk to that dog. And I fast forwarded the John Cena-Big Show segment, because I knew it would be about the very unfunny crap from last week. Oh yeah, at least fifty more 12 Rounds commercials! Yay! No thanks WWE, I'd rather see "I Love You, Man."

Forgot to mention ICOPRO. Ha!

His work has been stellar since last Summer. Better promos, facial expressions, ring presence, and even a mild upgrade in workrate.

Really, all of the main event heels in the WWE have been doing awesome stuff since last summer... Jericho, Orton, Edge, Show have all upped their stuff. I can't help but wonder if that's why they decided to take MVP in this direction, even though he was clearly on the cusp of being their next cash money heel.

Speaking of MVP... does anybody think they might be pushing him a babyface so that, in a few months, he can completely turn on the fans and get even more heat? Think about it... he was an arrogant piece of garbage who, having tumbled disgracefully down the ladder of success, was made humble... the fans he once derided generously showered this poor loser with sympathy, in turn helping him rebound to his formerly winning ways. Then, just as he's reclaimed his glory, he decides he doesn't need those stupid fans anymore.

I'm I reaching or is this a realistic possibility?
    Yes. Think of what they did with the Rock at the Survivor Series when he won his first few matches as a babyface only to turn heel and beat Foley. It will be along those lines but it will take longer with MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    I'm watching the Smackdown I DVRed, and HBK just came out. At first I thought it was completely stupid, but when he looked up from the ring, smiled, and tossed the hat off I thought it was completely stupid and funny. He's cutting a nice pseudo-heel promo though. Speaking of stupid.....Matt Hardy's promo was good, except for the incessant kissing and babytalk to that dog. And I fast forwarded the John Cena-Big Show segment, because I knew it would be about the very unfunny crap from last week. Oh yeah, at least fifty more 12 Rounds commercials! Yay! No thanks WWE, I'd rather see "I Love You, Man."
    I didn't care much for the Matt Hardy promo, even though I probably want more than he does for this to be a huge success. The hate didn't feel real (like it did during his in-ring promos the past month), and though he definitely came across as disturbed, it was more in a bestiality practicing sociopath kind of way than in the good way he had been portraying recently.

Surprisingly, I thought Jeff's promo was much better, and I typically don't care for his mic work, at all. It came across as strongly emotion, yet with conviction and the resolve to do what needs to be done. Kudos to Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca
    Yes. Think of what they did with the Rock at the Survivor Series when he won his first few matches as a babyface only to turn heel and beat Foley. It will be along those lines but it will take longer with MVP.
    Thank god. I'd been reaching for a logical explanation from the moment it was apparent they were turning him babyface, and that was the first decent one I could come up with.
    Last edited by Bronson'sCornrows; 03-28-09 at 07:14 PM.

Can't wait for the 25th Wrestlemania on April 5th.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.

Can't wait for the 25th Wrestlemania on April 5th.
    This is looking to be the best in a while. I can't wait to see what Backlash looks like and see if I can snag a couple tickets on the cheap.

This is looking to be the best in a while. I can't wait to see what Backlash looks like and see if I can snag a couple tickets on the cheap.
    You think so? Maybe its just me....but this card doesnt excite me at all. I'm really excited for HBK-Taker, but the rest of the card isnt really WM worthy IMO.

The matches I'll never forget and keep watching all over again in Wrestlemania history.

Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (WWE Title Match) (Wrestlemania III)
    Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Submission Match) (Wrestlemania XIII)
    Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (WWE Title Iron Man Match) (Wrestlemania XII)
    Hulk Hogan/Mr. T vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper/Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff (Wrestlemania I)
    Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WWE Intercontinental Title Ladder Match) (Wrestlemania X)
    Randy Savage vs. Hogan (Wrestlemania V)
    Savage vs. Warrior (Wrestlemania VII)
    Austin vs. HBK (Wrestlemania XIV) w/ Mike Tyson as Special Enforcer
    Rock vs. Austin (Wrestlemania XVII)
    TLC 2 between The Dudleys, The Hardy Boyz, and Edge/Christian WM17

The WWE made this list
    THE TOP 24 MATCHES IN WRESTLEMANIA HISTORY
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/history/top21

And I agree with the list.

And these matches I don't want to see again.
    http://themax.mlblogs.com/archives/2...restleman.html

To me, Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg with Stone Cold Steve Austin as special guest referee at WM 20 was the worst match I've ever seen and the worst in Wrestlemania history.

I have another question for all of my fellow wrestling fans and pundits.

Out of all the cards in the 24 Wrestlemania's, which stand out is the best event overall. It doesn't matter what era: Hogan Era, Stone Cold Steve Austin era.

I had a toss-up between #3 and #17 as the best Wrestlemania event of the 24.

My honorable mentions are #8 and #14.

The worst Wrestlemania was #2.

NYYF Legend

Out of all the cards in the 24 Wrestlemania's, which stand out is the best event overall. It doesn't matter what era: Hogan Era, Stone Cold Steve Austin era.

I'd say WM 17 was the best followed by WM 20, for the worst I'd go w/ WM 2 followed by #9.

I'd also add Benoit/Angle (WM 17), Jericho/HBK (WM 19), Beniot/HHH/HBK (WM 20) and Eddie/Angle (WM 20) to the list of matched I could watch over and over.

Best is 17, then 10, worst is #9 followed by #11

NYYF Legend

X-7 redefined Wrestlemania. Best I've ever seen

NYYF Legend

Promo for the main event for WM 17, when was the last time the WWE set up a match like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-nVsQ9imE

the only problem I had w/ WM 17 was that they turned Austin instead of the Rock. I think that and completely messing up the Invasion angle were the beginning of the end for the WWE.

To me, Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg with Stone Cold Steve Austin as special guest referee at WM 20 was the worst match I've ever seen and the worst in Wrestlemania history.
    That was definitely one of the worst matches I've ever seen. The Undertaker vs Giant Gonzalez should be up there too as one of the worst ever at WM.
    "Gehrig, our first sacker, can certainly field, but he's woefully weak at the bat" - Lou Gehrig's high school newspaper.

Thread Information