+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    And the ECW crowd will indeed destroy Cena. I mean he will get some of the most intense heel heat you will ever see, while RVD will be getting some of the biggest face pops you will see. I hope they book RVD to win, cuz if they put Cena over in front of that crowd....I seriously wouldnt be surprised to see them riot.
    Cena wont be facing RVD at One Night Stand.

Its been reported that JBL will be the opponent for Cena for the following reasons.

1. They are trying to make HHH into a face and having him with the belt at and ECW event would mess with that.

2. Edge doesnt have as much a history with ECW, so to have him in the match wouldnt generate as much juice.

3. WWE would indefinitely kill Cena's character by putting him in that spot. They are accepting of his mixed reactions with the crowd, but they do not want to put him in a hostile environment where his character would be damaged.

4. JBL was the "leader" of the anti-ECW stuff last year and they will therefore put that spin on it going into the match.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23
    Cena wont be facing RVD at One Night Stand.

Its been reported that JBL will be the opponent for Cena for the following reasons.

1. They are trying to make HHH into a face and having him with the belt at and ECW event would mess with that.

2. Edge doesnt have as much a history with ECW, so to have him in the match wouldnt generate as much juice.

3. WWE would indefinitely kill Cena's character by putting him in that spot. They are accepting of his mixed reactions with the crowd, but they do not want to put him in a hostile environment where his character would be damaged.

4. JBL was the "leader" of the anti-ECW stuff last year and they will therefore put that spin on it going into the match.
    That was the old plan, but multiple different sources (including Dave Meltzer) are reporting that it will definitely be Cena vs RVD, it's "set in stone".

I've also heard that DX will definitely be returning now. WWE media reps have been sending out word to multiple arenas to start advertising D-Generation X for future shows.

I'm far more excited about DX than ECW

Quote Originally Posted by Mattpat11
    Both em of are gonna be fun to see

Quote Originally Posted by LloydBanks
    Both em of are gonna be fun to see
    I've seen more than enough ECW in my life. Don't need anymore.

NYYF Legend

Bringing back ECW full time is a bad idea. It worked then, and a lot of the reason why it worked was because it was half amature.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    Bringing back ECW full time is a bad idea. It worked then, and a lot of the reason why it worked was because it was half amature.
    And saying it worked is argualble. It went under and was millions of dollars in debt. No one was getting paid at the end. I'd sort of classify that as a failure.

NYYF HOF

and Christy Hemme just signed with TNA

Hasn't Christy been with TNA for a few weeks now?

NYYF Legend

And saying it worked is argualble. It went under and was millions of dollars in debt. No one was getting paid at the end. I'd sort of classify that as a failure.
    You don't think ECW worked?

You don't think ECW worked?
    No. I think it had a nice cult following and a nice little bit of run, but in the end it was a monumental failure. Millions of dollars in debt, no one watched the shows, no one ordered the PPVs and it went bankrupt in less than ten years. It was a nice novelty, but it went under for a reason, namely the last year was some of the worst horse................ programming I've ever seen.

NYYF Legend

No. I think it had a nice cult following and a nice little bit of run, but in the end it was a monumental failure. Millions of dollars in debt, no one watched the shows, no one ordered the PPVs and it went bankrupt in less than ten years. It was a nice novelty, but it went under for a reason, namely the last year was some of the worst horse................ programming I've ever seen.
    ECW was a little mom and pop store that couldn't keep up with the Wal-Marts of the world (WCW/WWF). ECW worked. It did fail in the end because all of their stars had left, and the WWF was on fire. If ECW didn't work then why would there be such a buzz of it coming back? Why would the ECW PPV be one of the best of the entire year? Why do people still cant E-C-Dub whenever someone takes a sick bump?

And if that was the worst programming you've ever seen, you must have not watched a lot of WCW in the late 90's.

ECW was a little mom and pop store that couldn't keep up with the Wal-Marts of the world (WCW/WWF). ECW worked. It did fail in the end because all of their stars had left, and the WWF was on fire. If ECW didn't work then why would there be such a buzz of it coming back? Why would the ECW PPV be one of the best of the entire year? Why do people still cant E-C-Dub whenever someone takes a sick bump?

And if that was the worst programming you've ever seen, you must have not watched a lot of WCW in the late 90's.
    Agreed. Remember, alot of ideas from the Attitude Era were stolen from ECW.

WCW was a completely different kind of awful. WCW was a fun kind of awful. It was a car wreck.

ECW in the last year was like...iMpact. Eight million different things going on with absolutely none of it being important, absolutely nothing memorable, nothing to make you want to see the next show, ALDO MONTOYA as world champion, multiple title changes on the same show multiple times, it became a chore to follow.

If ECW didn't work then why would there be such a buzz of it coming back? Why would the ECW PPV be one of the best of the entire year?
    Its a novelty. Doing a one shot reunion show and doing a weekly show are entirely different things.

NYYF Legend

I think many of us that frequent this thread are quick to agree.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

I agree with WWF/WCW knocking ECW down and out as they didn't have nationwide exposure until close to the end. IMO people chant "E-C-Dub" because some fans remember ECW, then there are more who just were turned on to ECW whether it be by WWE's One Night Stand or downloading them off of the internet, and there are many who just following along with the chant in order to be a part of the crowd. On another note, WCW 90s I could not stand and I was pissed when Nitro was 3 hours compared to WWF/E's 2 hours. They were ridiculous! I remember checking it out for a minute and saw when The Giant (The Big Show) came out to the ring smoking a cigarette. Mike Tenay was flipping out like if he was brandishing a gun or something. They tried to make minor things seem risque and cutting edge. WCW was too conservative to survive during the Attitude Era.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic

NYYF Legend

According to the Wrestling Observe Newsletter, Jeff Hardy has been approached informally about a possible summer WWE return, assuming Hardy is clear of any drug issues. Hardy is no longer under contract to TNA although a return is not out of the question.
    One half of my favorite tag team may return to WWE? Wait a minute....the other half of my favorite tag team is in WWE. I would love this, both tag team divisions are run dry.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

Highlight the paragraph below if you want to hear about a spoiler for RAW tonight:

Mick Foley is expected to turn heel either tonight or in the next week or so. WWE management and Foley himself feel that his current act has grown stale. That is all that is known at this time.

Hmmm, thats very interesting. I think it would happen next week, if it does at all.

Also, I think the HHH face turn takes a big step forward tonight. According to the RAW preview on WWE.com....Vince is suppose to "make a statement" about HHH's decision to walk out on the match he was guest refing last week.

NYYF Legend

WCW was a completely different kind of awful. WCW was a fun kind of awful. It was a car wreck.

ECW in the last year was like...iMpact. Eight million different things going on with absolutely none of it being important, absolutely nothing memorable, nothing to make you want to see the next show, ALDO MONTOYA as world champion, multiple title changes on the same show multiple times, it became a chore to follow.

Its a novelty. Doing a one shot reunion show and doing a weekly show are entirely different things.
    WCW was bad for a few years, and ECW was bad (according to you) for the last year.

If you didn't like ECW thats cool, but without ECW, WWF wouldn't have been what it was in the late 90's and currently as WWE.

NYYF Legend

Cena gets knocked out by Triple H, with HBK "knocked out" on the mat. Triple H does the DX crotch chop....HUGE pop from the crowd. I'm getting overanxious and want this DX storyline faction thing to progress a little faster.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    Cena gets knocked out by Triple H, with HBK "knocked out" on the mat. Triple H does the DX crotch chop....HUGE pop from the crowd. I'm getting overanxious and want this DX storyline faction thing to progress a little faster.
    All indications is that it will happen sometime between now and Vengeance which is June 25th.....I'm prob just as excited about this as you are.

Patience my good friend...patience

And yet WCW bought up all the ECW talent, put it on their TV show and went on to have a run of a few years being on top in the ratings. Their whole undercard was stolen from ECW and WCW was a joke. ECW had the best quality matches and promos you'll ever see. Of course they didn't last long. They had no money.

I talked with a fellow wrestling fan at school and he told 5 ways to fix the WWE...

1. Re-introducing a stable that knocksout the Spirit Squad
    - i.e. 4 horsemen, but with younger fresh faces

2. Bring someone in the past that can beat John Cena. Bring him an opponent he can't beat in UPW. Cena should introduce a new wrestling style like he did with the STF-U. Or, better yet, make a 60-minute iron man match between him and Triple H.

3. No more lame storylines like HBK/god vs. the McMahons

4. For the Divas, an evening gown strip match

5. Introduce more high-flying lucha libre matches, but you know Vince.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Thread Information